ARCHIVED: [ROM-ish] OV Port of ath3nos's Unofficial CM7 (Gingerbread) 7/15

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kreatur3

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ROM-ish] OV Port of ath3nos's Unofficial CM7 (Gingerbread)

What's the word on flashing xionia with this rom? I posted them because there is usually problems with the accelerometer or wifi when using S roms on our phones. If the stock kernel works just fine or if the other kernels break things, I'll just remove the links.

I haven't tried out xionia 14 kernel, i assume it's based off our kernel, and not the xionia 14 for the s ported over. I'll try it and report back if there is any difference between ours and theirs.

Also curious if i can use the camera.apk from ath3nos on aosp as it works perfect for me. Auto focus and zoom both work flawlessly.

Last edited:

mjs2011

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site

I haven't tried out xionia 14 kernel, i assume it's based off our kernel, and not the xionia 14 for the s ported over. I'll try it and report back if there is any difference between ours and theirs.

Also curious if i can use the camera.apk from ath3nos on aosp as it works perfect for me. Auto focus and zoom both work flawlessly.

yep. Camera works perfect! i'd love to know how the kernel works for you. so far, i'm pretty pleased with this ROM. this could be totally unrelated but i find that the apps on my sd card load much faster on this ROM than AOSP. like i said though, it could be completely related to something else.

PS. Battery seems to be pretty good. After calibrating yesterday, I'm running at 97% full after it being unplugged for almost 4 hours. Note: I'm at work and this is mostly standby.

Last edited:

mmarz

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site

It is actually the same S kernel, but I included modified accelerometer files since the S ones that usually come with S roms don't work on our phones. I also include wifi drivers that should work with the xionia kernel. If this rom already comes with that kernel AND the accelerometer and wifi already work, there may be no reason to flash it.

The Xionia 10 is slightly different because it includes a touch screen fix that 14 doesn't have. 14 mainly has S specific driver bug updates, and so I normally flash xionia 10.

With the camera problem in AOSP, the fix that was posted included more than just the apk. There were drivers that needed to be swapped out too. If you look on the xda thread (several pages in from the end), you'll find a discussion about it.

Kreatur3

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site

yep. Camera works perfect! i'd love to know how the kernel works for you. so far, i'm pretty pleased with this ROM. this could be totally unrelated but i find that the apps on my sd card load much faster on this ROM than AOSP. like i said though, it could be completely related to something else.

Yeah as far as I'm concerned this rom is a better option but I'm curious if the camera.apk will work like this aosp.

Kreatur3

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site

It is actually the same S kernel, but I included modified accelerometer files since the S ones that usually come with S roms don't work on our phones. I also include wifi drivers that should work with the xionia kernel. If this rom already comes with that kernel AND the accelerometer and wifi already work, there may be no reason to flash it.

The Xionia 10 is slightly different because it includes a touch screen fix that 14 doesn't have. 14 mainly has S specific driver bug updates, and so I normally flash xionia 10.

I haven't noticed any touch screen bugs using 14 so I may as well stick with the default kernel his rom installs until someone posts a reason I would need to flash 14. If it ain't broke don't try to break it. :)

mjs2011

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site

I haven't noticed any touch screen bugs using 14 so I may as well stick with the default kernel his rom installs until someone posts a reason I would need to flash 14. If it ain't broke don't try to break it. :)

right? I will agree that AOSP is slightly snappier, but not to the point where it becomes an annoyance on this ROM.

Kreatur3

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site

right? I will agree that AOSP is slightly snappier, but not to the point where it becomes an annoyance on this ROM.

Plus I have found, digging through the cyan settings, that there are some added options in ath3nos. For example it has options to control which directions you allow the orientation to flip. Not an option I use but more options are better. :)

Reactions: wiggums66

mmarz

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site

:D

Install this: https://market.android.com/details?id=multitouchpro.tests

and then try using two fingers and move one passed the other.

The bug is similar to this one: YouTube - ‪HTC Desire Multitouch TEST‬‏

This bug is in every single kernel for our phone besides xionia 10

mjs2011

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site

Plus I have found, digging through the cyan settings, that there are some added options in ath3nos. For example it has options to control which directions you allow the orientation to flip. Not an option I use but more options are better. :)

i noticed this as well. this is a great setting!

Kreatur3

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site

:D

Install this: https://market.android.com/details?id=multitouchpro.tests

and then try using two fingers and move one passed the other.

The bug is similar to this one: YouTube - ‪HTC Desire Multitouch TEST‬‏

Hmm...maybe I do have that bug then and haven't noticed since I use one hand for zooming in and out and never move my fingers past one another lol.

Also something that might help others trying to make a gb rom is that it appears the source is available for the gb rom ath3nos is using.

mjs2011

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site

Hmm...maybe I do have that bug then and haven't noticed since I use one hand for zooming in and out and never move my fingers past one another lol.

Also something that might help others trying to make a gb rom is that it appears the source is available for the gb rom ath3nos is using.
that was going to be my next point actually. have we just opened the door to even more new ROM's for the V?

i don't have a very high level of understanding when it comes to actually developing ROM's, so i realize that this is a big assumption on my end. :)

Kreatur3

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site

that was going to be my next point actually. have we just opened the door to even more new ROM's for the V?

i don't have a very high level of understanding when it comes to actually developing ROM's, so i realize that this is a big assumption on my end. :)

You and me both buddy lol. Thank god for people much more knowledgeable than us on rom development.

mjs2011

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site

but damn, we're sure good at flashing and using the ROM's! :D

Kreatur3

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site

I have a question I have never gotten answered about the widget buttons. There is an option to toggle 2g/3g that is always grayed out. I have and use the auto 2g/3g toggle installed in recovery and also the plug in (that has never worked for me) but was wondering if anyone knows if and how to make that selectable in the widget buttons options?

MrMACHOMAN86

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site

I have a problem. Everytime I make a call my phone vibrates constantly, anyone know how to fix this?

mjs2011

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site

how many times has this happened? it happened to me once on AOSP and a simple reboot fixed the problem.

Kreatur3

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site

I have a problem. Everytime I make a call my phone vibrates constantly, anyone know how to fix this?

It's in the cyanogen settings I believe under the haptic feedback. There is an option to vibrate upon making a call and hanging up. By default the vibrate on making a call is checked. I always go in and uncheck every haptic feedback option there is on my phones settings.

pbailey212

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site

I have been playing around with this all morning, its a bit sluggish, atleast compared. To reborn. It seems pretty stable, mom's works and GPS works the little I played with it. Good job on the find! But I think I'm going back to reborn I like the speed and visuals better

Status
Not open for further replies.