ARCHIVED: [ROM-ish] OV Port of ath3nos's Unofficial CM7 (Gingerbread) 7/15

Status
Not open for further replies.

bennyhu22

May 21, 2011
Visit site
Im not sure if this is a known issue. With this rom and with aosp. As soon as I instal and boot up my SD cards memory starts disappearing. I've wiped and reinstalled several times and tried different gapps also no matter what it goes to zero. And I now I have space left. Anyone else have this problem? Is there anything I can do to fix this?

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk

Kreatur3

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ROM-ish] OV Port of ath3nos's Unofficial CM7 (Gingerbread)

Eollie I mentioned it twice now. Last time I didn't get an answer and it was shortly after we had had this available. Some had mentioned that wifi was working with this rom and aosp. I am using the default kernel I was really just curious if anyone else was having this bug. Figured I might get more insight since there has been more time for people using this rom.

using a different kernel often blocks loading modules compiled for the default kernel.
you'll have to extract the problematic modules from the aosp rom and put them into the rom you're using.
the modules are named *.ko, you will have to search out where they are located and which you need to copy over. maybe in /system/lib? good luck.

Thanks for your constructive thoughts on this issue. While that is more in depth than I want to go with it I'm glad someone had some insight. Still don't get why, from what you explained, it would work for some and not for others but that is a day in the life of an android user and an unofficial rom. :D

Reactions: mmarz

rockneo

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site

Not an issue, but watch out for the privacy menu guys, the evil one is in there. :mad:

Eollie

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site

Ok now im just getting force closes on whenever trying to use the camera.
Gonna try a reflash later.
I hate having to reinstall data2ext.
That alone makes me hate reflashing roms lol.

Eollie

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site

Eollie I mentioned it twice now. Last time I didn't get an answer and it was shortly after we had had this available. Some had mentioned that wifi was working with this rom and aosp. I am using the default kernel I was really just curious if anyone else was having this bug. Figured I might get more insight since there has been more time for people using this rom.

I apologize for using the wrong term. I guess it just seems like you asked about it more then once or Im confusing another thread.

As you are aware of not all phones are created equal. Some might be able to handle higher clock speeds while others wont and perform just as well at that lower clock speed. That might be the issue with wifi. Honestly if the kernel included is getting awesome results I see no reason to change it, ya know if it aint broke dont fix it. :d

Again apologize for possibly confusing multiple threads.

Eollie

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site

That is usually a sign you are overclocking too high. Try setting the max to 600 and see if it does the same thing.

I thought hmm lemme check that and see.
So apparently at some point I bumped my clock speed to 844...why? Dont ask me.
I do things in my sleep that amaze me. /rolleyes

Now to find that dang lge camera app again lol.

nascar2428

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site

When I use the camera in zoom mode the pictures have a green line along the side. Has anybody else noticed this? No line in video replay however.

Kreatur3

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site

When I use the camera in zoom mode the pictures have a green line along the side. Has anybody else noticed this? No line in video replay however.

Yeah I have noticed the green line although I don't zoom too much. It was talked about on the official thread for this ROM on the OS. I'm sure that when it gets a fix we will have the fix also. I'm just happy zoom works. If I need to I can always use my photo edit program on my phone to crop out the green line.

Reactions: nascar2428

mjs2011

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site

mmarz, to update with the changes you've made, should i just flash the Sprint-to-OV_ath3nos_signed.zip over everything i have right now? i've been using it for 2 days now and i'm not sure if i should do a reflash. of course i'd wipe cache and dalvik before.

mmarz

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site

mmarz, to update with the changes you've made, should i just flash the Sprint-to-OV_ath3nos_signed.zip over everything i have right now? i've been using it for 2 days now and i'm not sure if i should do a reflash. of course i'd wipe cache and dalvik before.

You don't need to wipe anything. Just flash it over your current setup. The only change is the privacy menu.

Kreatur3

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site

You don't need to wipe anything. Just flash it over your current setup. The only change is the privacy menu.

Mmarz you rock. Even though this isn't a ROM developed for our phone or by you you are doing a great job of supporting the part it that you created for our phone. Between the actively developed rom and your work on our side this is easily my favorite rom to use. Thanks for adding it to a great list of options already available to our phones.

nin

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site

First Gingerbread ROM I have tried thanks for everything. Only problem I have run into, my contacts are tripled, but from a bit of research it might have to do with Gmail/Google itself not the ROM.

Irate Iguana

Boss Status
Mar 12, 2011
Visit site

Just re flashed to original setup because wifi would crash after a while with AOSP. I thought it would work fine, but after 10~ minutes it crashes and gets stuck at obtaining IP, oh well, stock kernel works fine :D.

Kreatur3

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site

Just re flashed to original setup because wifi would crash after a while with AOSP. I thought it would work fine, but after 10~ minutes it crashes and gets stuck at obtaining IP, oh well, stock kernel works fine :D.

WOOT! I mean that sucks. Got excited because someone else had a similar issue as I did lol. I tried and failed to use aosps. The xionia 14 that is in by default works well...I had just wanted to try aosps due to it being for our phone. Oh well it works great regardless. :)

Irate Iguana

Boss Status
Mar 12, 2011
Visit site

WOOT! I mean that sucks. Got excited because someone else had a similar issue as I did lol. I tried and failed to use aosps. The xionia 14 that is in by default works well...I had just wanted to try aosps due to it being for our phone. Oh well it works great regardless. :)
Hahaha xD. In fact, this ROM is sooo much better than AOSP's ROM in general. better battery life, more features are fixed, and the cool boot logo :p.

Kreatur3

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site

Hahaha xD. In fact, this ROM is sooo much better than AOSP's ROM in general. better battery life, more features are fixed, and the cool boot logo :p.

I completely agree. While I appreciate what aosp has done for us to have a gb rom option, along with zefie, I must say this one is running the best of the 3 so far. Thank god for mmarz trying to make zefies work with mms and then, sorry forgot the name, figuring out mmarz mms file fix worked on ath3nos. :D

Not sure if you have seen this but this thread has a lot of options for lockscreens, dialers, and other stuff. Has the same boot animation as is included with Ath3nos but you have other color combinations. More options is good. :)

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1013757

Last edited:

Kreatur3

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site

damn i just tried mms for mine.. it doenst work for me.. anyhelp.

I know mine works but just tried a test of sending one to myself and I haven't even gotten it yet. Maybe vm is having issues again. Happens more than is comforting lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Unknown