ARCHIVED: [ROM-ish] OV Port of ath3nos's Unofficial CM7 (Gingerbread) 7/15

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kreatur3

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
So do I flash just this one zip, or everything again?

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

Flash that one.

Ok after flashing that updated s to ov file my mms isn't working either. Did a clean install of the whole thing.

Go figure I deleted the previous versions so I can't even go back to make sure it's the update.
Anybody have the original files for the s to ov and then the key swap files?

ceejay83

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ROM-ish] OV Port of ath3nos's Unofficial CM7 (Gingerbread)

probably something wrong with the network. can't mms on aosp right now

Kreatur3

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site

probably something wrong with the network. can't mms on aosp right now

Cool thanks for reporting, making 3 of us I'll recant my statement about mmarz's latest file being broken. Sorry man. :)

arhtard

Slacker
Jun 16, 2011
Visit site

i'm currently messaging several people without issues, i'm using the 01120 prl.
not sure if the prl has anything to do with it
just wanted to say that i'm not having issues atm with mms to help out in some weird way

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site

Why is this ROM so much bigger than aosp? It's 30mb larger, perhaps due to media (ringtones, bootanimation, wallpapers, etc)? It's so much larger I can't install all the apps I had installed on aospCMod.

What's up with the FM Radio app, I don't think our radio is capable of receiving FM is it?

Very nice work, I like the extras, but I'm dissappointed with the lack of space.

Kreatur3

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site

i'm currently messaging several people without issues, i'm using the 01120 prl.
not sure if the prl has anything to do with it
just wanted to say that i'm not having issues atm with mms to help out in some weird way

One of these days I need to change my prl to the latest hyrbrid or whatever it is that is out now.
I haven't tried it yet but I hear it is well worth trying.

arhtard

Slacker
Jun 16, 2011
Visit site

One of these days I need to change my prl to the latest hyrbrid or whatever it is that is out now.
I haven't tried it yet but I hear it is well worth trying.

i'm not sure which one to use now or to recommend
i was researching and read several places that 01120 is being changed and Sprint was doing some region prls. i really didnt understand what i was reading, i was in a hurry at the time. from what i gathered it was best to use 60679 right now, but i'm running fine on 01120 with extra coverage. i went to another town that i had no coverage in on 60679 and had 3/5 bars with 01120.

anyway, let me know what you find out kreatur3 =)

mmarz

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site

I can't send mms on reborn right now too.

Jerry, I don't know why there is a radio app either. Our phones do not have that capability. There are lots of extra ringtones and junk included with this, but you can easily delete them once you decide which ones you like.

Reactions: JerryScript

Kreatur3

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site

Why is this ROM so much bigger than aosp? It's 30mb larger, perhaps due to media (ringtones, bootanimation, wallpapers, etc)? It's so much larger I can't install all the apps I had installed on aospCMod.

What's up with the FM Radio app, I don't think our radio is capable of receiving FM is it?

Very nice work, I like the extras, but I'm dissappointed with the lack of space.

I noticed a lot of crap included so I opened up the zip with 7zip and deleted a bunch of junk out of the system/app/ folder which cut down the size of the zip by around 15 mb. I don't know where the ringtones are but you can probably go in and delete those too. There is also cm7 wallpaper apk in the system/app folder I removed and since they added that nexus style live wallpaper the livewallpaper.apk is larger too.

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site

Hmm, I've been using apps2sd ever since I got the phone, guess I'll finally have to switch to one of the better 2sd methods. I have 111 user apps and these gingerbread ROMs add 70-80 system apps, so I definitely need more space. Thanks!

Anyone tried the tweaks mmarz and francisofranco created?

Kreatur3

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site

I personally haven't used their tweaks but using link2sd with a 1gb ext3 partition I never run out of space. :) Then again I also delete out the apps I don't need from system. Damn their email app and the 3 or 4 live wallpaper apps on top of others...lol

rockneo

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Hmm, I've been using apps2sd ever since I got the phone, guess I'll finally have to switch to one of the better 2sd methods. I have 111 user apps and these gingerbread ROMs add 70-80 system apps, so I definitely need more space. Thanks!

Anyone tried the tweaks mmarz and francisofranco created?

You made the switch Jerry? From aosp to this rom

Sent from my Optimus V

drezliok

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site

I can't get the USB Tether to work. when I try to turn it on it tells me it's that I have to plug the usb in which I ready had. It's just not seeing it. maybe debugging should be off?

bjones72751

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
I noticed a lot of crap included so I opened up the zip with 7zip and deleted a bunch of junk out of the system/app/ folder which cut down the size of the zip by around 15 mb. I don't know where the ringtones are but you can probably go in and delete those too. There is also cm7 wallpaper apk in the system/app folder I removed and since they added that nexus style live wallpaper the livewallpaper.apk is larger too.

Can the apps be removed in es file explorer? Can't I just delete the apk's?

zedorda

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site

Anyone try Netflix on this ROM yet? If so does it have the green line or color shift issues?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rakhikumari800000