ARCHIVED: [ROM-ish] OV Port of ath3nos's Unofficial CM7 (Gingerbread) 7/15

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kreatur3

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ROM-ish] OV Port of ath3nos's Unofficial CM7 (Gingerbread)

Can the apps be removed in es file explorer? Can't I just delete the apk's?

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

If you are going the route of doing it after you have installed the rom I would go one of two ways with it.
1. If you don't know if it's safe to remove freeze it with TB or the like.
2. If you know it is safe to remove it, like the live wallpaper apps, you can use a root app remover to get rid of them.

System app remover, market app, has an "assist" option that highlights safe with green, questionable with yellow, and do not remove with red.
I can check the assist list if you need help with a question regarding a certain app from what it says.

Bluntsworth

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site

Wired headset does work! Woot

So the phone microphone works with the headphones plugged in drurring phone calls!?
Sold!!
Flashing now and will report back if this is true.

Kreatur3

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Yup I use Pandora on my phone through my stereo and with this rom it works unlike in aosp. I can answer and stay plugged in.

ajones23

May 1, 2011
Visit site

Yes this rom works vey well,better than i expected. Im new to this forum and like it very much. AOSP is been good but there is to many bugs. This one is smooth no lags at all,live wp seem to freeze up on aosp,but this one doesnt. Very cool. Love this one.

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site

You made the switch Jerry? From aosp to this rom

Sent from my Optimus V

I'm trying it out, just like I try out all the ROMs when I have the time. ;)

So far, it looks like this is a very good ROM. Hopefully someone will build it from source for the Optimus V. I've been trying to get my build environment set up in my spare time, but it's definitely a challenge getting the repos and everything set up right. It took ath3nos almost a month to figure it all out with help from alot of people including Blarfie.

If we can get someone to build from the Optimus V options in the repo, we can concentrate on the build instead of the sprint-to-ov scripts. ;)

Anonymo

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site

This is definitely the best or up with the better roms for this phone. I love Bumblebee but miss the gingerbread options. I replaced the launcher with LauncherPro and I'm loving this.

sblood86

Apr 12, 2011
Visit site

I'm trying it out, just like I try out all the ROMs when I have the time. ;)

So far, it looks like this is a very good ROM. Hopefully someone will build it from source for the Optimus V. I've been trying to get my build environment set up in my spare time, but it's definitely a challenge getting the repos and everything set up right. It took ath3nos almost a month to figure it all out with help from alot of people including Blarfie.

If we can get someone to build from the Optimus V options in the repo, we can concentrate on the build instead of the sprint-to-ov scripts. ;)

There actually is someone working on trying to compile this directly for the V; scroll through a few pages on the S thread for this rom and you should see at least some of the comments. Not sure how the progress is on the matter but Blarf has been helping to sort it as well. Maybe soon, maybe not but it's being done never the less :D

Reactions: JerryScript

mjw029

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site

Installed this rom and I love it. Quad is faster with this then aospCMod with the same apps installed. Great Job. Keep up the good work:)

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site

Looks like the green bar on the edge of pictures taken with the camera zoomed only occur on even number zoom settings, 2x & 4x. If this is true, it will probably be an easy code fix.

camf3xu

Jun 27, 2011
Visit site

Just flashed :] will update after I've played around some more!

Last edited:

psygn

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site

So I am trying this ROM, and I have to say it works pretty nicely. I like the added customization and options. The overall performance is worse than my Harmonia (Froyo), though. I wiped everything and followed the instructions. I set CPU settings to: Interactive, Min: 245 MHz and Max: 806 MHz.

Here's my short view, perhaps someone can get it working as smoothly as my Froyo Harmonia did? Or is lesser performance expected by upgrading our phones to GB?

Pro's:
- Nicely working GB
- Netflix works without the green bar

Con's:
- Slower than Froyo Harmonia (small bursts of lag when scrolling through lots of items, more visible than with Harmonia)
- Built-in junk eating up space (perhaps we can get a version with all this fluff left out?)

Question's:
Why doesn't LCD Density Changer work with this ROM? Is there another way I can change LCD Density here?

MarkD426

May 12, 2011
Visit site

I've used it all day yesterday, nothing to complain about for regular use. It easily streamed Pandora, with CoPilot Live running in the back, and played Angry Birds with out much lag. Overall very happy. The camera zoom works and over night battery drain is much better, went from 86% to 83% :) (WiFi and 3G off but not in airplane mode)

If anyone is wondering I was using BumblBee for a few months prior to trying this. If all stays well and doesn't break this will be my ROM until an official GB release comes out (more than likely not)

bjones72751

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
I've used it all day yesterday, nothing to complain about for regular use. It easily streamed Pandora, with CoPilot Live running in the back, and played Angry Birds with out much lag. Overall very happy. The camera zoom works and over night battery drain is much better, went from 86% to 83% :) (WiFi and 3G off but not in airplane mode)

If anyone is wondering I was using BumblBee for a few months prior to trying this. If all stays well and doesn't break this will be my ROM until an official GB release comes out (more than likely not)

Well, LG has stated that all the phones in the optimus line will get a GB update, but as we saw with the intercept, it depends on when exactly VMU will release the update. It's likely that we won't see an official GB until a few months after sprint's optimus has it.

Exorcist#AC

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site

I installed this when mmarz first posted it (btw....BIG thanks!). Then, I recently updated the "Sprint-to-OV_ath3nos_signed.zip (updated 7/12/2011)" and now the home button doesn't wake the phone up like pressing the power button does. If this is by design is there an app or way that will allow me to wake the phone up by using the home button again?

TIA,

Mike

NM - it's now the menu button.

Last edited:

mjs2011

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site

So I am trying this ROM, and I have to say it works pretty nicely. I like the added customization and options. The overall performance is worse than my Harmonia (Froyo), though. I wiped everything and followed the instructions. I set CPU settings to: Interactive, Min: 245 MHz and Max: 806 MHz.

Here's my short view, perhaps someone can get it working as smoothly as my Froyo Harmonia did? Or is lesser performance expected by upgrading our phones to GB?

Pro's:
- Nicely working GB

Con's:
- Slower than Froyo Harmonia (small bursts of lag when scrolling through lots of items, more visible than with Harmonia)
- Built-in junk eating up space (perhaps we can get a version with all this fluff left out?)

Question's:
Why doesn't LCD Density Changer work with this ROM? Is there another way I can change LCD Density here?

i would recommend underclocking higher than 245. that's probably why you're experiencing lag. when you phone wakes up, it has to work that much harder to overclock.

camf3xu

Jun 27, 2011
Visit site
I installed this when mmarz first posted it (btw....BIG thanks!). Then, I recently updated the "Sprint-to-OV_ath3nos_signed.zip (updated 7/12/2011)" and now the home button doesn't wake the phone up like pressing the power button does. If this is by design is there an app or way that will allow me to wake the phone up by using the home button again

TIA,

Mike
This was bugging me too! The far left button still wakes it, butttt....

Exorcist#AC

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site

Is anyone having app launch issues from the application screen (showing all installed apps)? If I move it to a home screen and launch it it works normal.

danieljc1

Sith Lord
Mar 30, 2011
Visit site

First Gingerbread ROM I have tried thanks for everything. Only problem I have run into, my contacts are tripled, but from a bit of research it might have to do with Gmail/Google itself not the ROM.

In contacts press menu, then press display options, then check the box 'only contacts with phones'. This fix multiple contacts showing up for me.

drezliok

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site

Pro's:
- Nicely working GB

Con's:

Question's:

The LCD density is in the build.prop. I've almost read the sprint thread beginning to end. Ath3nos moved it to the build.prop for easy editing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m1000