ARCHIVED: [ROM-ish] OV Port of ath3nos's Unofficial CM7 (Gingerbread) 7/15

Status
Not open for further replies.

mjs2011

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
Don't use rom manager. Follow the original instructions. Rom manager isn't stable for our phones.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

KronosINK

Jul 20, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ROM-ish] OV Port of ath3nos's Unofficial CM7 (Gingerbread)

Don't use rom manager. Follow the original instructions. Rom manager isn't stable for our phones.

I agree with this.

My least favorite thing about ROM Manager, is clockwork recovery mod. That thing is a load of crap.

Thunder recovery is soo much better.

BlackBerryBoy8530

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site

So I just ran a benchmark on my phone with this rom and I got 1172. I don't really know what it means but it was higher than Droid x and Samsung Galaxy. Is that good?

Whyzor

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site

I agree with this.

My least favorite thing about ROM Manager, is clockwork recovery mod. That thing is a load of crap.

I only used ROM Manager to flash the clockwork recovery first time. Then from there on only use clockwork recovery to wipe & reflash, which seems to run without problems. I have a feeling Clockwork recovery does a more comprehensive wipe on OV compared to xionia recovery (something to do with Xionia was built for Optimus S originally, which might have different sized partitions).

Eollie

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site

I agree with this.

Explain please.

Clockwork Mod is the founding blocks of xionnia.
It does the exact same thing only from a different coder.
CWM recovery is pretty much a android standard in the custom areas of development.

The newer versions of CWM use a different scripting that isnt supported by older versions of android.
That is where people have problems. Not knowing what your doing and not understanding or reading will get you in a lot of trouble.

Reactions: wiggums66

blarf

Jul 8, 2011
github.com

For the VM670 builds? Not likely since most of the fixes were pulled from my tree in the first place. For the LS670 builds, sure if it works well I'll slap it in there. If you want to use it you can always grab Koush's AnyKernel template and use that. No need to build a custom ROM.

Reactions: arhtard

mustafu

Simply Winning
Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
I only used ROM Manager to flash the clockwork recovery first time. Then from there on only use clockwork recovery to wipe & reflash, which seems to run without problems. I have a feeling Clockwork recovery does a more comprehensive wipe on OV compared to xionia recovery (something to do with Xionia was built for Optimus S originally, which might have different sized partitions).

The problem I'm having is that even though rom manager says that clockwork was flashed successfully, I can't get the phone to boot into it, its like it's not there. Flashing clockwork failed the first time, but worked the second time. Flashing this rom worked beautifully on my ov, so I don't understand why I'm having problems repeating the process on another ov. I'll read up some more as I don't fully understand everything.

wiggums66

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site

The problem I'm having is that even though rom manager says that clockwork was flashed successfully, I can't get the phone to boot into it, its like it's not there. Flashing clockwork failed the first time, but worked the second time. Flashing this rom worked beautifully on my ov, so I don't understand why I'm having problems repeating the process on another ov. I'll read up some more as I don't fully understand everything.

Are you going into "Mounts and Storage" in CWM and formatting cache, boot, data, and system before you flash?

wiggums66

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site

Really? Because I have had 0% issues with ROM Manager and I have flashed about 15-25 times.

mustafu

Simply Winning
Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
Are you going into "Mounts and Storage" in CWM and formatting cache, boot, data, and system before you flash?

I can't enter the recovery to flash anything. Recovery is supposedly installed, but can't boot to it. Still running rooted stock until I figure out how to get to the recovery :/

Eollie

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site

I can't enter the recovery to flash anything. Recovery is supposedly installed, but can't boot to it. Still running rooted stock until I figure out how to get to the recovery :/

When you start the phone are you using the three finger method?

Hold power, vol down, and home.
That should put you into recovery.

How did you install your recovery?
I would suggest doing it again via adb or terminal.

Exorcist#AC

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site

I had to go back to BB 2.4 :'( because the GPS on this is problematic with "Waze" navigation app.

Whyzor

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site

When you start the phone are you using the three finger method?

Hold power, vol down, and home.
That should put you into recovery.

How did you install your recovery?
I would suggest doing it again via adb or terminal.

I believe it should be hold vol down + home + power until the LG Logo appears. Pressing power first might start up the phone in normal mode.

mustafu

Simply Winning
Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
I believe it should be hold vol down + home + power until the LG Logo appears. Pressing power first might start up the phone in normal mode.

Thanks, I tried this and the phone just sat at a blank screen for a few seconds and then rebooted normally. I will try to find a way to install recovery manually, still new to this ;) thanks for the help!

SagaciousB

Jun 3, 2011
Visit site

This rom is pretty great - but it seems CM7 doesn't have Exchange sync support because of missing security features. That is a major bummer. Half of the reason I wanted to upgrade to Gingerbread was to hopefully get the fix for this bug that was on the stock rom:
Issue 9689 - android - Exchange Activesync works initially, but stops working for no obvious reason due to security error - Android - An Open Handset Alliance Project - Google Project Hosting

Lack of exchange email/cal sync makes me miss my Palm Pre a bit.

pbailey212

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site

It works just fine so far mms 3g wifi, runs pretty smooth. I was getting 1120.benchmark on backside, I will check this one later

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781