ARCHIVED: [ROM-ish] OV Port of ath3nos's Unofficial CM7 (Gingerbread) 7/15

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eollie

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ROM-ish] OV Port of ath3nos's Unofficial CM7 (Gingerbread)

mmarz is the man!

I totally read that as "mmarz is A man" and I was going to ask are you sure?
And IF so how are you sure?

ever-been-so-mad.jpg

Eollie

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site

lol @ your comments
and
rofl @ your picture posted

That picture is like the universal stop being serious and laugh damn it sign.

I seen it posted in the break area at the local Home Depot. I laughed so hard.

danieljc1

Sith Lord
Mar 30, 2011
Visit site

I thought MMS was working on this ROM. I tried sending one from the phone and it sits there with sending... in the message. I tried sending one to the phone message arrives but won't download the pic. :'(

bjones72751

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
I thought MMS was working on this ROM. I tried sending one from the phone and it sits there with sending... in the message. I tried sending one to the phone message arrives but won't download the pic. :'(

That sounds like your data connection. The mms error, when it occurs, sends the message from some weird number and shows Chinese characters.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

danieljc1

Sith Lord
Mar 30, 2011
Visit site

That sounds like your data connection. The mms error, when it occurs, sends the message from some weird number and shows Chinese characters.

I'm using WiFi connection.

Update: Switched to 3g connection and it sends and recieves fine. Wierd that it didn't work when using Wifi.

Where does it put the picture after you download it? I don't see it anywhere but in the message.

Last edited:

mustafu

Simply Winning
Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
I can't get mms to work at all. Are there any troubleshooting steps I can try to resolve this? Thanks in advance

bjones72751

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
My wife's intercept is that way, as in you have to turn off wifi before sending or receiving mms. My optimus will just use 3g to send and receive without turning off widow though. Idk why yours didn't.

mustafu

Simply Winning
Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
Mine does that too when on wifi. I will try to send a mms and the 3g and wifi icons will come on at the same time, but sending and receiving always fails. Wish I could figure it out, this is my favorite rom by far and this is the last issue I have to work out.

Whyzor

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site

Android has always turned off 3G Data when wifi is on, so MMS won't get through without data connection. I believe this is true in Froyo and Gingerbread ROMs. If anything, this is a Google Android issue.

bjones72751

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
Android has always turned off 3G Data when wifi is on, so MMS won't get through without data connection. I believe this is true in Froyo and Gingerbread ROMs. If anything, this is a Google Android issue.

Idk, mine temporarily turns on 3g automatically along side wifi to download the mms.

Eollie

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site

No this isnt true.
asop's rom once he got mms working would download mms even while on wifi.
I normally am on wifi and I still get my mms.
The only time data is off totally is when you shut it down.
I think if people are having a problem with it not working with wifi on its a kernel issue not allowing the mms app to wake up the mobile network.

bjones72751

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
No this isnt true.
asop's rom once he got mms working would download mms even while on wifi.
I normally am on wifi and I still get my mms.
The only time data is off totally is when you shut it down.
I think if people are having a problem with it not working with wifi on its a kernel issue not allowing the mms app to wake up the mobile network.

Just to clarify, I'm running the stock kernal and mine works as it should. It sounds to me like mustafu has a 3g issue rather than plainly mms.

Status
Not open for further replies.