ARCHIVED: [ROM-ish] OV Port of ath3nos's Unofficial CM7 (Gingerbread) 7/15

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eollie

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ROM-ish] OV Port of ath3nos's Unofficial CM7 (Gingerbread)

Just to clarify, I'm running the stock kernal and mine works as it should. It sounds to me like mustafu has a 3g issue rather than plainly mms.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk
If everything else is working via 3g then no its probably a mms issue from Virgin.
We have had MMS for longer then 3g has been around. You dont need a 3g connection just a basic data connection. Which is how sms is sent also.

mustafu

Simply Winning
Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
Not sure if its virgin or not. I flashed a different rom and it started working again. But I like this rom more so I flashed back to it from a backup I had made and now it's broken again.

mustafu

Simply Winning
Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
I'll try doing a wipe and then clean flashing the rom again and see if that helps any.

riggerman

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
If everything else is working via 3g then no its probably a mms issue from Virgin.
We have had MMS for longer then 3g has been around. You dont need a 3g connection just a basic data connection. Which is how sms is sent also.

MMS is sent over your mobile data connection, sms is sent over your regular cell signal. Turn off mobile data and check it

bjones72751

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
I'll try doing a wipe and then clean flashing the rom again and see if that helps any.

What recovery are you using? Xionia has a problem with incomplete wipes sometimes, so try wiping a couple times before you flash.

mustafu

Simply Winning
Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
What recovery are you using? Xionia has a problem with incomplete wipes sometimes, so try wiping a couple times before you flash.

I'm using clockworkmod. And my mobile data otherwise works fine, just no mms.

riggerman

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site

Did you flash the optimus s to optimus v zip? Remember this rom is for sprint, not vm.

afro31

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site

Am I the only one that phone reboots while streaming a video on YouTube or Internet? Idk why but im on this rom and overclock to 806, any ideas?

Boldabe R

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site

Does this Rom work with the Lg Optimus V, will it show all the things that are virgin mobile like instead of Sprint name on the Lock Screen will show Virgin Mobile and in the notification bar too when you move it down to see your notifications. also i notice this Sprint-to-OV_ath3nos_signed.zip is that to change everything that is name sprint to virgin, ath3nos_bloat_remover.zip should i run this too since i have the Optimus V

rockneo

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Does this Rom work with the Lg Optimus V, will it show all the things that are virgin mobile like instead of Sprint name on the Lock Screen will show Virgin Mobile and in the notification bar too when you move it down to see your notifications. also i notice this Sprint-to-OV_ath3nos_signed.zip is that to change everything that is name sprint to virgin, ath3nos_bloat_remover.zip should i run this too since i have the Optimus V

Yes.

Sent from my Optimus V

Csquirebassist

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site

MMS isnt working on my device. When i send it just says sending and when i get one i cant retrieve it. And for some reason its always 30kb.

Eollie

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site

Make sure you have wifi off and 3g turned on. MMS won't work with wifi.
I wish people would stop giving out incorrect information.

You can still recieve mms with wifi on as long as you didnt disable your 3g.
Android is smart people if you just click on the button to turn on wifi 3g stays alive just not active.
If you receive a signal saying you have a incoming mms it will activate 3g long enough to receive it.
Also it will turn on long enough to download the file.

If this is not happening there is something wrong with the ROM. PERIOD. I am on wifi 90% of the time and I still ge the nudie pictures from my GF. I also get those stupid chain texts from my ex-wife and cousin.

blarf

Jul 8, 2011
github.com

If this is not happening there is something wrong with the ROM. PERIOD. I am on wifi 90% of the time and I still ge the nudie pictures from my GF. I also get those stupid chain texts from my ex-wife and cousin.

Well that's your problem right there. You're not donating them pictures to the project.

Reactions: Eollie

jmart981

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site

Every time I install the rom, my SD card fills up quickly, on bumblebee I always have 80 mb, I can't install any of my apps due to the lack of SD card memory, anyone have a clue to my dealio

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tgksnow