ARCHIVED: [ROM-ish] OV Port of ath3nos's Unofficial CM7 (Gingerbread) 7/15

Status
Not open for further replies.

sfx333

Jun 27, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ROM-ish] OV Port of ath3nos's Unofficial CM7 (Gingerbread)

Is anyone else using mmarz's Sprint-to-OV_ath3nos on Drew's CM7 builds? I know someone else in this thread said they tried it and it works and another said they were going to try it.

I've been using his last 2 builds for four days now and I think it's the fastest and most full featured ROM I've tried so far. Drew is developing actively and releasing builds every couple of days.

I have experienced a few minor glitches that seem to be related only to porting it to the Optimus V.

I'd be interested in hearing what others are experiencing with Drew's ROM on OV.

I don't know how to script or code but It would be great if we could get Drew's ROM to work as smoothly as it does on the Optimus S.

For that matter does anyone know how mmarz's script works and what files it alters? mmarz, perhaps you could explain?

Thanks-

Eollie

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site

Is anyone else using mmarz's Sprint-to-OV_ath3nos on Drew's CM7 builds? I know someone else in this thread said they tried it and it works and another said they were going to try it.

I've been using his last 2 builds for four days now and I think it's the fastest and most full featured ROM I've tried so far. Drew is developing actively and releasing builds every couple of days.

I have experienced a few minor glitches that seem to be related only to porting it to the Optimus V.

I'd be interested in hearing what others are experiencing with Drew's ROM on OV.

I don't know how to script or code but It would be great if we could get Drew's ROM to work as smoothly as it does on the Optimus S.

For that matter does anyone know how mmarz's script works and what files it alters? mmarz, perhaps you could explain?

Thanks-
Why use a rom not deveolped for your phone?
The IHO/BACKside rom posted here in this very forum is built off the same source code as Drews and its actually designed for the Optimus V.

But to answer your question, mmarz's zip file changes the key mapping to reflect the keys of the Optimus V, removes all the Sprint branding and replaces it with Virgin Mobile. The bloatware remover does just that removes the files deemed as bloatware by him and a couple other users. Oh yeah I think his zip removes the factory reset option so nobody ends up with a brick from selecting the factory reset.

bjones72751

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
The IHO/BACKside rom posted here in this very forum is built off the same source code as Drews and its actually designed for the Optimus V.

But to answer your question, mmarz's zip file changes the key mapping to reflect the keys of the Optimus V, removes all the Sprint branding and replaces it with Virgin Mobile. The bloatware remover does just that removes the files deemed as bloatware by him and a couple other users. Oh yeah I think his zip removes the factory reset option so nobody ends up with a brick from selecting the factory reset.

Well I'm still using this on simply because I flashed it before IHO was built, and so far I've had no problems. I get around 14 hours out of the battery without any battery saving techniques, and nothing force closes (except the browser, which fc's on every rom).

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

arhtard

Slacker
Jun 16, 2011
Visit site

Looks like this rom is DEAD now:

The good thing is that Drew has picked up and done a lot of work with this. I really think his is much better now than what I can make. Check his ROM out. He has fixed many issues and also has a nice kernel. With his ROM out there and the awsome work he is doing this one is pretty outdated and even if I did sync with IHO repository it would not have a lot of the features Drew has added and fixed.

thanks to mmarz and ath3nos for their time and work involved

pbailey212

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site

If you find drew's version and use sprint-ov on it, it works really well, I really like the xionia redux kernel drew did, I I the best combo for me so far has been Jerry's iho with xionia redux

Reactions: arhtard

mjs2011

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
If you find drew's version and use sprint-ov on it, it works really well, I really like the xionia redux kernel drew did, I I the best combo for me so far has been Jerry's iho with xionia redux

Thanks! So if I download drew's version, just follow the same steps in the first post in this thread?

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

mjs2011

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site

for some of us, the ath3nos build has been much more stable than the Backside rom, which has had many small bugs. it's stil a good build but my phone has never been more smooth than it has using the ath3nos ROM. so personally, i'd rather use the ROM that works the best with my phone whether or not it's specifically built for my phone.

Eollie

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site

for some of us, the ath3nos build has been much more stable than the Backside rom, which has had many small bugs. it's stil a good build but my phone has never been more smooth than it has using the ath3nos ROM. so personally, i'd rather use the ROM that works the best with my phone whether or not it's specifically built for my phone.

Fair enough.

Eollie

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site

*cough* your info says you are still using a rom built for the S on the OV. :p

your mom is running a rom built for the s and ported to the Optimus V.

Yes I know im lazy I should just remove it totally as I change the theme and rom more then should be necessary.

mjs2011

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site

lol! sorry, as many "your mom" jokes as i've heard in my day, this one literally made me spit out my coffee.

PS. that Buuf theme is a fun one. the brown status bar definitely adds a unique flavor. i'm currently using Cherry Mixer, also a fun theme.

Eollie

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site

lol! sorry, as many "your mom" jokes as i've heard in my day, this one literally made me spit out my coffee.

PS. that Buuf theme is a fun one. the brown status bar definitely adds a unique flavor. i'm currently using Cherry Mixer, also a fun theme.

:D

I hope Kreatur3 knows im teasing.

If you use zip themer to implement all the theme mods it looks pretty bad ass. I like brown and orange themes and this one is pretty awesome. The one I was using prior to this is nice too. I just like having everything looking the same.

Kreatur3

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site

:DI hope Kreatur3 knows im teasing.

LIES! I don't know how you know what my mom is doing but have fun with that. :p LOL
Really though I know you are. I had to laugh also...you always crack me up with your posts especially when some noob is being...difficult.

camf3xu

Jun 27, 2011
Visit site

im in the same boat as you. i would like to use backside (or even drews rom but same problem), but untill the wifi dropping and picking back up gets fixed.. i dont really have a choice seeing as im on wifi all the time. ath3nos it is for now

Last edited:

mjs2011

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site

im in the same boat as you. i would like to use backside (or even drews rom but same problem), but untill the wifi dropping and picking back up gets fixed.. i dont really have a choice seeing as im on wifi all the time. ath3nos it is for now

oh is drew's build having wifi issues as well? i was thinking of giving it a rodgering tonight, but maybe i'll wait.

mjs2011

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site

ah...

just checked the Drew's build thread in the S forum and it doesn't appear that they're having Wifi issues, so i may still give it a try tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aaahza