ARCHIVED: [ROM-ish] OV Port of ath3nos's Unofficial CM7 (Gingerbread) 7/15

Status
Not open for further replies.

kobe24b

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ROM-ish] OV Port of ath3nos's Unofficial CM7 (Gingerbread)

I love everything thing about this ROM, but my question/concern is if there is any way I can change the top status bar to the original white color, I don't really like the black color. I like all the icons that are on the status bar I just want to change the black status bar to the original white.

How can I go about doing this?

anon(182107)

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
I love everything thing about this ROM, but my question/concern is if there is any way I can change the top status bar to the original white color, I don't really like the black color. I like all the icons that are on the status bar I just want to change the black status bar to the original white.

How can I go about doing this?

Well, There might be some flashable .zip white status bar somewhere on xda.
Or you could look for the Retro (Froyo Style) CM7 theme.
Or make a theme with a white status bar on UOT Kitchen.

Just some suggestions.

kobe24b

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site

Well, There might be some flashable .zip white status bar somewhere on xda.
Or you could look for the Retro (Froyo Style) CM7 theme.
Or make a theme with a white status bar on UOT Kitchen.

Just some suggestions.
Yeah I think I'll use that kitchen site. I've never used it before, guess I will check it out.

anon(182107)

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I think I'll use that kitchen site. I've never used it before, guess I will check it out.

Yeah it's great. They've been adding a lot of new options. Though I think it doesn't have the ability for custom uploads like your own icons, for good personalization it's better to use photoshop and edit elements manually.

Still UOT is a great resource because it's EXTREMELY easier than making a theme from source.

sixthspeed

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site

Just flashed and tested this today and it's working great. However, I have a few minor issues:

1) Video mms doesn't work. The mms comes up blank (send or receive behaves the same)
2) My benchmark scores aren't bad, but they're not spectacular either. Linpack hovers around 7-7.5 MFLOPS and quadrant scores around 900. I had the same experience with the aosp cm7 rom and thought that I just had to do a fresh install again. Unfortunately, I tested right after I flashed this rom and got the same results.
3) The phone feels slightly and temporarily sluggish at times. This is especially true after a screen wake. Is this normal?

I'm just wondering if anyone else is having the same problems.

r00t

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site

MMS sending works for me and so does receiving.

This is actually the best Gingerbread CM7 ROM.

camf3xu

Jun 27, 2011
Visit site

Just flashed and tested this today and it's working great. However, I have a few minor issues:

1) Video mms doesn't work. The mms comes up blank (send or receive behaves the same)
2) My benchmark scores aren't bad, but they're not spectacular either. Linpack hovers around 7-7.5 MFLOPS and quadrant scores around 900. I had the same experience with the aosp cm7 rom and thought that I just had to do a fresh install again. Unfortunately, I tested right after I flashed this rom and got the same results.
3) The phone feels slightly and temporarily sluggish at times. This is especially true after a screen wake. Is this normal?

I'm just wondering if anyone else is having the same problems.

change your min cpu speed

Reactions: linzoill

jonr76

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site

i just flashed this rom yesterday and love it! by far the best i have tried. i do have two issues that i wonder if anyone can offer any advice. i also am not able to receive picture messaging. i have tried downloading a pic and it never times out, it just says downloading and doesnt complete. i have tried thru wireless and 3g. any ideas? i really dont want to change roms, i love this one. but that is a bummer for me.

also, it looks i do not have text to speech option. the install voice data field in the settings is greyed out. is anyone else experiencing this? any help would be greatly appreciated. this issue isnt so bad for me, but id really like mms again.

Whyzor

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site

It's time to switch to the IHO ROMs. This ROM was based on an earlier version, there has been a lot more fixes checked into the IHO source since then.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/op...inferior-human-organs-unofficial-cm7-1-a.html

As for the voice, TTS (text-to-speech) refers to the phone synthesizing text and reads it out loud, like for navigation. It sounds like you're looking for voice recognition, which is part of the Voice Search app by Google (find it in the app market).

hiya6972

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site
i just flashed this rom yesterday and love it! by far the best i have tried. i do have two issues that i wonder if anyone can offer any advice. i also am not able to receive picture messaging. i have tried downloading a pic and it never times out, it just says downloading and doesnt complete. i have tried thru wireless and 3g. any ideas? i really dont want to change roms, i love this one. but that is a bummer for me.

also, it looks i do not have text to speech option. the install voice data field in the settings is greyed out. is anyone else experiencing this? any help would be greatly appreciated. this issue isnt so bad for me, but id really like mms again.

I had the same problem. I didn't do the factory reset before I flashed the rom. I went back, did the factory reset, wiped the cache and the dalvik cache, then reinstalled the rom. Mms works perfectly now. Did this on mine and my wife's phones. Hope that helps!

goodgreve

Nov 30, 2011
Visit site

Just how do you flash those 4 files???
Don't see an option in recovery other than flashing "update.zip

I think I got it, downloaded a recovery image and now have more options in recovery mode :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12