07-05-2012 01:33 AM
8,044 ... 9899100101102 ...
tools
    I used alpha 7 as a daily for several weeks. The lack of mms wasn't really a problem for me, and that was THE only problem with 7, IMO. I unfortunately haven't had the time to flash 8.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk
    Good to know. I'm thinking of trying it for a couple of days.

Another thought that I haven't seen people talking about, Instagram. We all know that the view finder for alpha 8 and alpha 9 don't work, does that mean it won't work with Instagram? Has anyone tested this?
    04-07-2012 12:46 PM
    I use AOKP 8 daily. Works well. I get a few reboots and lag ONCE in a while, The camera not working and MMS isn't a big deal. Music seems to work decent enough. 3g is spotty yet, but i get it when its needed. gapps worked after fresh flash and wipe, The video player that doesn't work is the only thing that bugs me. other wise, if you are willing to compromise MMS video and some 3g it's god enough for daily use.
    I have yet to try the AOKP. I flashed one of the earlier ones and I wasn't impressed with the visuals. However, I see everyone raving about it and I'm tempted to try aokp8. I'm just getting tired of my titanium backup taking forever to reload apps. Grrrr..
    04-07-2012 12:48 PM
    I use AOKP 8 daily. Works well. I get a few reboots and lag ONCE in a while, The camera not working and MMS isn't a big deal. Music seems to work decent enough. 3g is spotty yet, but i get it when its needed. gapps worked after fresh flash and wipe, The video player that doesn't work is the only thing that bugs me. other wise, if you are willing to compromise MMS video and some 3g it's god enough for daily use.
    I used AOKP about the whole day yesterday, but ended up going back to Backside because I couldn't get the play store to work and my apps weren't restoring from titanium...U said u got gapps to work? Is the play store working?

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Xparent Purple Tapatalk
    04-07-2012 12:53 PM
    Play store worked for me. It did right after I flashed for root and SU. Didn't have any problems with TitB, only that my angry birds needed to be uninstalled then reinstalled.
    chellebelle likes this.
    04-07-2012 12:59 PM
    @heretic1990, it's not that I can't use Titanium Backup, just you have to touch the "install" button for every app. Would be better if you can "INSTALL ALL" without having to do each one separately. I know there's the batch option, but it doesn't install every one of the apps without having to wait for the install to pop up.
    04-07-2012 02:30 PM
    @heretic1990, it's not that I can't use Titanium Backup, just you have to touch the "install" button for every app. Would be better if you can "INSTALL ALL" without having to do each one separately. I know there's the batch option, but it doesn't install every one of the apps without having to wait for the install to pop up.
    If you have the pro version you don't have to press anything but restore or run from the batch menu.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Xparent Purple Tapatalk
    04-07-2012 02:41 PM
    That ability is in the paid version.

Sent from the BACKside of Tapatalk
    04-07-2012 02:45 PM
    Exactly. The only non system apps I have are tapatalk, Facebook, adfree, and some sound recording app because I can't stand to click install ten million times. What they need is (like you said) a way to bypass asking everytime.

04-07-2012 02:55 PM
    Tdm, jw as this rom progresses will it have Google voice typing?
    04-07-2012 03:27 PM
    I have a cracked paid version of titanium backup
    04-07-2012 03:40 PM
    Tdm, jw as this rom progresses will it have Google voice typing?
    Yes it should eventually.
    braxton355 likes this.
    04-07-2012 04:50 PM
    Don't know what to tell you then, I quit pirating software after I took a programming class. It sucked so much I decided professional programmers deserve my money.

04-07-2012 06:18 PM
    Too bad there isn't a dislike button :thumbdown:

Sean OGorman and bhasden like this.
    04-07-2012 06:33 PM
    Deleted from stupidity
    04-07-2012 07:43 PM
    Don't know what to tell you then, I quit pirating software after I took a programming class. It sucked so much I decided professional programmers deserve my money.
    You know what? You guys are actually right I shouldn't be doing stuff like that. For that I have decided that I'm going to Uninstall the one I have now and Getty the one on the market plus the, license
    04-07-2012 08:02 PM

You know what? You guys are right I shouldn't be doing stuff like that. For that I have decided that I'm going to Uninstall the one I have now and get the one on the market plus the license.
    brotherswing likes this.
    04-07-2012 08:03 PM
    wish me luck im divin' in
    04-07-2012 08:04 PM
    yup freeze b/l on aokp
    04-07-2012 08:19 PM
    Reinstalled alpha 8. This time flashing gapps before first boot, and my market issue, apps i had bought in the past showing as not purchased, is gone.

However, camera won't load at all.

Sent from my cellular telephone using Tapatalk
    tdm likes this.
    04-07-2012 08:22 PM
    Hmm quick info catch up.... okay every freaking time i install this rom(cm9) ill play around with it for like 5 mins and the phone freezes and reboot more then i turn the dang thing on auuggh! plus i would wanna help with this rom in anyway necessary also i was thinking of using the V6 script to increase or stabilize the multitasking. thanks guys for creating such a great rom yet i cant wait till the beta phase of this
    04-07-2012 10:29 PM
    Add me to the list waiting for the beta release. When working, ICS is wonderful. I have a hard time going back to GB.
    bdieu17 and Skatingtodeath like this.
    04-07-2012 10:46 PM
    Any idea what's special about the new CPU governors I see? msm7k, scary and Savagezen?

04-07-2012 11:09 PM
    tdm,

I did a clean install of your AOKP release and I see why people like it better. Wifi worked right off the bat, but 3g is another story. It does freeze up a lot and the phone reboots itself after about 20 to 30 seconds. I have been trying different OCs mentioned in another post, but haven't found a stable one yet. Any suggestions on the best setting or is it phone dependent? Also I keep getting a USM(?) warning when it first boots up, whatever that is. It wants me to connect USB.

I see you told someone a few pages back not to use link2sd as there would be problems since AOKP installs apps to the external sd partition. Is that right? What should the partition be formatted to? Fat32 or one of the other options? I ask since I had formatted it Fat32 originally and I can't tell if anything was put there. What should I find there if I use an app like Astro?

Thanks for your time and all your hard work, I really appreciate it.
    Germitty
    04-07-2012 11:23 PM
    Any idea what's special about the new CPU governors I see? msm7k, scary and Savagezen?

Good question, I'd like to know too.

04-07-2012 11:23 PM
    is holding the power buttioh (to get to powert menu) on aokp causing reboot?
    04-07-2012 11:30 PM
8,044 ... 9899100101102 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD