07-05-2012 01:33 AM
8,044 ... 115116117118119 ...
tools
    I want to download alpha 8 i just wish 3g was fixed, any way for someone to pre install this? Im not about all that confusing stuff with build.prop and what not xD
    04-25-2012 09:12 PM
    I want to download alpha 8 i just wish 3g was fixed, any way for someone to pre install this? Im not about all that confusing stuff with build.prop and what not xD
    Its simple!!! Hahaha if I'm illiterate with this I'm sure u can do. Try it bro. U will love it.
    04-25-2012 09:16 PM
    It's really not that confusing.

Flash Alpha 7 *NOT alpha 8* of CM9.

When it's all booted, open up Play and download ES File Explorer.

Press the Menu key, go into Settings, and check 'Root Explorer' and 'Mount system as r/o writable' (or something like that).

Tap 'Favorites' and click on the little phone icon with a / under it.

Tap the 'system' folder.

Tap 'build.prop' and it will ask you what to open it in, choose ES Note Editor.

Find the line that says "#ro.telephony.ril.v3=signalstrength,skipbrokendatacall,facilitylock,datacall,icccardstatus,1"

Delete the #

Press the Menu button, tap 'Save' and reboot your phone.

Done.
    04-25-2012 09:18 PM
    Alright man! Thank's ill try it out
    04-25-2012 09:24 PM
    It's really not that confusing.

Flash Alpha 7 *NOT alpha 8* of CM9.

When it's all booted, open up Play and download ES File Explorer.

Press the Menu key, go into Settings, and check 'Root Explorer' and 'Mount system as r/o writable' (or something like that).

Tap 'Favorites' and click on the little phone icon with a / under it.

Tap the 'system' folder.

Tap 'build.prop' and it will ask you what to open it in, choose ES Note Editor.

Find the line that says "#ro.telephony.ril.v3=signalstrength,skipbrokendatacall,facilitylock,datacall,icccardstatus,1"

Delete the #

Press the Menu button, tap 'Save' and reboot your phone.

Done.
    I tried it on alpha 8 aokp and it worked
    cole2kb likes this.
    04-25-2012 09:33 PM
    Very clear, concise directions.

Btw, word wrap is a common option in text editors, typically under the view menu. It forces the text to display relative to the size of your window, as opposed to starting the next line when the enter key was pressed in the original file.

Sent from the BACKside of Tapatalk 2
    04-25-2012 09:45 PM

Btw, word wrap is a common option in text editors, typically under the view menu. It forces the text to display relative to the size of your window, as opposed to starting the next line when the enter key was pressed in the original file.

You tell em! Lol :rolleyes:

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2
    04-25-2012 09:48 PM
    I tried it on alpha 8 aokp and it worked
    Oooh, good to know. I only stressed Alpha 7 of CM9 because that's the only one I've tried and don't have the smarts to troubleshoot other builds, let alone that one really, lol.
    04-25-2012 09:50 PM
    Oooh, good to know. I only stressed Alpha 7 of CM9 because that's the only one I've tried and don't have the smarts to troubleshoot other builds, let alone that one really, lol.
    3G and MMS fixes work on alpha 8 too. On that topic, has anyone found a tethering app that works? I need to get on the internet with my laptop. I've tried most of the big apps and even a few obscure ones.

Sent from my LG Optimus V running Quattrimus ICS, courtesy of tdm and his band of outlaws
    04-25-2012 10:00 PM

Good too know

Sent from my HTC_Flyer_P512_NA using Tapatalk
    04-25-2012 10:05 PM
    3G and MMS fixes work on alpha 8 too. On that topic, has anyone found a tethering app that works? I need to get on the internet with my laptop. I've tried most of the big apps and even a few obscure ones.

Sent from my LG Optimus V running Quattrimus ICS, courtesy of tdm and his band of outlaws
    Did you try Wireless Tether for Root Users.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk
    04-25-2012 10:18 PM
    Is there an mms fix?! Sorry im just so lost...

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5
    04-25-2012 10:22 PM
    There is one but somewhere back in the pages I believe

Sent from my HTC_Flyer_P512_NA using Tapatalk
    04-25-2012 10:53 PM
    Is there an mms fix?! Sorry im just so lost...

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5

It's apns-conf.xml in /system/etc. Search "Virgin Mobile" after opening the file and change mcc to 311 and mnc to 490. For some strange reason, I had that memorized

Did you try Wireless Tether for Root Users.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk
    Yes, along with Open Garden, FoxFi, Barnacle, and most of the other big names.

arnold1997 and brotherswing like this.
    04-25-2012 11:49 PM
    How do clear mms cache ? Can i boit in recovery and clear dalvik cach or cache?

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5
    04-26-2012 12:06 AM
    I changed wat you told me and then i cleared dalvik cache and still had no mms

04-26-2012 12:26 AM
    I changed wat you told me and then i cleared dalvik cache and still had no mms

I think you might be on a different page than me.

04-26-2012 12:57 AM
    I think you might be on a different page than me.

Lol.. i changed the apns-con.xml setting to the appropriate number then i cleared dalvik cache (wich was my desicion) and still had no mms

04-26-2012 12:59 AM
    Lol.. i changed the apns-con.xml setting to the appropriate number then i cleared dalvik cache (wich was my desicion) and still had no mms

You changed it on your phone?

04-26-2012 01:07 AM
    Accidentally posted something lol...
    04-26-2012 01:13 AM
    Originally Posted by JerryScript: You'll need to edit the apns-conf.xml to reflect Virgin Mobile's values 311 490

For anyone who wants to try: - use a root capable file manager, and copy the /system/etc/apns-conf.xml file to your PC (it's too large to edit on the phone) - open it with a good text editor (notepad may work, but I don't ever recommend notepad). - search for Virgin Mobile US, and change the mmc to 311 and mnc to 490. - copy it back to your phone, - clear cache in the MMS app, - reboot.

Let us know if it works for you.
    04-26-2012 01:20 AM
    This is the mms fix "maybe" just to bump it up!
    heloworld likes this.
    04-26-2012 01:21 AM
    Anyone successfully get mms working? I just thought i'd suggest it. Apparently the mms fix was working for alpha 6 but i didn't have any luck with it on alpha 7. I no longer have alpha 7 running on an activated phone so i can't test it with the new 3g fix.
    04-26-2012 07:25 AM
    coming from someone who has no experience coding android...take this with a grain of salt.

we had luck on the S with data when this line was enabled in the build.prop. i dont know if it will help you guys, but its worth a shot.

Code:
    #ro.telephony.ril.v3=signalstrength,skipbrokendatacall,facilitylock,datacall,icccardstatus,1
    delete the # to make it look like this

Code:
    ro.telephony.ril.v3=signalstrength,skipbrokendatacall,facilitylock,datacall,icccardstatus,1
    I have no doubt it will do nothing, but, hey, worth a shot maybe?
    im not sure how to input these lines, any help how to? im sorry im so nubish
    04-26-2012 08:07 AM
    im not sure how to input these lines, any help how to? im sorry im so nubish

Originally Posted by JerryScript: You'll need to edit the apns-conf.xml to reflect Virgin Mobile's values 311 490

For anyone who wants to try: - use a root capable file manager, and copy the /system/etc/apns-conf.xml file to your PC (it's too large to edit on the phone) - open it with a good text editor (notepad may work, but I don't ever recommend notepad). - search for Virgin Mobile US, and change the mmc to 311 and mnc to 490. - copy it back to your phone, - clear cache in the MMS app, - reboot.

Let us know if it works for you.
    heloworld likes this.
    04-26-2012 08:25 AM
8,044 ... 115116117118119 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD