07-05-2012 12:33 AM
8,044 ... 117118119120121 ...
tools
    For those who want to check out Alpha8 AOKP with the MMS fix and the 3G fix already in the Zip, you can download it here.

quattrimus-vm670-aokp-alpha8-MMS-3G-Fix.zip

3G came right up for me when I went through the setup and I didn't even have to connect to wifi to set up my phone.

MMS sent correctly and also received correctly. Downloading happened automatically for me after a couple seconds.

Enjoy!

Rob
    i can also confirm that MMS works, 3G locks on first boot, and wifi works. SU does need to be flashed but hey its all good. mad props bro.
    04-26-2012 02:21 PM
    Because you are not a developer like us and to xda you just stole the thread, If I was to go post it or Jerry, Leslie, Bobz, tdm, or Gannon, then it would have stood up. This all about reputation
    Reputation also comes on how you treat people via online. Some people on XDA never heard of Android Central, probably.

We learn from our mistakes.....

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2
    drm1992 likes this.
    04-26-2012 02:25 PM
    I gave something back to the community for once!!!
    04-26-2012 02:28 PM
    +1 to the thank you! To You, Tdm,Jerry, and the guy from sprint! Sorry I cant remember as of now! Thanks etc..
    This is all because the guy over on XDA, Lupi..... I forgot.

04-26-2012 02:29 PM
    For those who want to check out Alpha8 AOKP with the MMS fix and the 3G fix already in the Zip, you can download it here.

quattrimus-vm670-aokp-alpha8-MMS-3G-Fix.zip

3G came right up for me when I went through the setup and I didn't even have to connect to wifi to set up my phone.

MMS sent correctly and also received correctly. Downloading happened automatically for me after a couple seconds.

Enjoy!

Rob
    Does the dictionary work in this? Because I know that's a bug. I was jw. Btw thank you ALOT!
    04-26-2012 02:30 PM
    Lupohurp! Its because of him. :P

04-26-2012 02:30 PM
    Does it only work on aokp and cm9 or does it work on alpha 7 also?
    04-26-2012 03:35 PM
    Some one should try hydrkernel on miui v4 juss throwin it out there

Edit**** im sorry wrong thread.....
    Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5
    04-26-2012 03:43 PM
    Did you ever stop to think that tdm didn't want his ROM posted on XDA? So you saying you were being "nice and helpful by exposing XDA to this ROM" isn't really a true statement. If he didn't want it there then all you did was post his material on a place he didn't want it. Also how could he "stab me in the back for being a nice guy" when you didn't even ask him in the first place to post his material? Sorry bud, but sometimes you gotta think before you leap.
    See attachment. Through the 4 messages exchanged between me and tdm, he never explicitly or even implicitly said, "Delete your thread". Hell he even looked at it and told me to notify users of the fact that he would need beta testers for the other IHO variants. And then this morning I go to check the thread and it's been closed at the request of tdmcode. I don't know how you guys look at that but to me that has "backstabber" written all over it. And not only that, now my image gets tarnished because viewers of that thread think I stole it. All I wanted to do was spread a little bit of love so that those that have never heard of Android Central/don't have an account can still be able to use this ROM and taste some of that Ice Cream Sandwich that everyone raves about. True kirurus, I did jump the gun and didn't ask him about posting it, but after drm1992 reminded me, I promptly PM'ed him here on AC. He told me and I quote, "So it's your thread and I wont post in it so that there is no confusion." I didn't want to drag this out but I feel I should be able to atleast state my case. How you look at it from here is purely how you look at it. Yes, I did use some hot words (calling him a "snobby developer"), and I will fully man-up to that fact. I said things that I may well regret, but not even politely asking me to discontinue my thread after giving me explicit permission to keep it up is by all means a snobbish, backstabbing sort of move. And I have to live with a now tarnished reputation both here and on XDA because people think I stole. Forgive a man for being excited when he has an Android version that even high-end phone owners don't have or may never have. Forgive a man for wanting to share that excitement with the other ROM-a-holics like him. Forgive a man for being grateful that he can have this for free and that he had to do basically little-to-no work to use it. Forgive that man or atleast be straight and honest to him. The nice thing about my rant is that it took up some time while my Nook was charging. I hope that none of you look upon me with any less regard than before. I am a human, I have emotions, I get excited, I enjoy sharing, I make mistakes, and at the end of the day, I always have my devices. I love Android and it's bountiful freedom over the tightwads who call themselves Apple. And a final note, I LOVE ICS!!!
    Have a good day everyone, world_indo1.
    kirurus likes this.
    04-26-2012 03:50 PM
    I've had an account at xda for about three years now, and I have maybe 30 posts. They tend to think of themselves as a closed community, and they don't have a lot of patience. When I do log in over there, I just lurk. XDA isn't well-known for being a welcome wagon. If you want to participate over there, you'll need thick skin.

Sent from the BACKside of Tapatalk 2
    04-26-2012 04:11 PM
    after giving me explicit permission to keep it up
    Huh?

So yeah I guess I kinda do mind...
    I didn't explicitly say, "please remove your thread, I don't want it to be there", and that was probably my mistake. I recognized you were trying to be nice and helpful, so I tried to explain in a very polite and gentle way that I didn't really want it there.

I don't have any hard feelings, I just don't want to start monitoring more threads. I'm already monitoring more threads than I care to, and some of it is due to folks trying to be helpful by creating threads for developers (in the Galaxy Player forum on XDA). I appreciate helpfulness and initiative, but I'm able to create threads when I wish and where I wish.
    drm1992 likes this.
    04-26-2012 04:20 PM
    So, any spoilers for what's coming up on the next episode of Days Of Our Droids?

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-6
    04-26-2012 04:36 PM
    im not able to install ether cm or aopk versions of this both give me "assert failed: getprop("ro.product.device") == "thunderc"
    E:Error in /sdcard/quattrimus-vm670-cm9-alpha8.zip
    (status 7)
    Installation aborted."

i've done full wipe several times and redownloaded the zip several times.
    i have the new screen and jerry's green recovery thts all i can think of tht might conflict with the install
    04-26-2012 05:03 PM
    Attached. By the way, that is my 49 year old brother at the house from A Christmas Story with little Ralphie. And yes, he is dressed up as the "pink nightmare" LOL

Rob
    Does Youtube and other HW acc. work?
    04-26-2012 05:18 PM
    This is my last post using this ROM. Apparently being nice and helpful by exposing XDA to this ROM warranted me a thread closure. I don't like nor do I really tolerate snobby developers who stab me in the back for being a nice guy. So farewell quattrimus, I'm going back to Harmonia until either Leslie releases an ICS version or until MIUI ICS becomes more stable. Adieu.

Sent from my LG Optimus V running Quattrimus ICS, courtesy of tdm and his band of outlaws

Way to create drama and take away from the devs time working on this rom. If he wants something posted somewhere he will do it.
    firecrotch666 and braxton355 like this.
    04-26-2012 05:21 PM
    Who knows how to get the multitasking to work on the aokp from?! Needs some help thanks guys.
    04-26-2012 05:42 PM
    Just a quick preview of things to come tomorrow ...

I had to go back to the old adreno libs because they are crashing in the latest code for some reason. No big deal though. Better stable than new and exciting.

AOKP has the unicorn boot animation, and I think I will have the camera working. Nova launcher doesn't like having its resources pruned so I'll need to leave that alone.

I'll also leave Vending.apk alone, hopefully market/play will work again.

AOSP is compiling but not starting up, I'm working on that. If anyone cares...

Native USB storage is still not working, investigating.

Applied the 3G and MMS fixes. Testing these.
    04-26-2012 05:53 PM

I had to go back to the old adreno libs because they are crashing in the latest code for some reason. No big deal though. Better stable than new and exciting.

AOKP has the unicorn boot animation, and I think I will have the camera working. Nova launcher doesn't like having its resources pruned so I'll need to leave that alone.

I'll also leave Vending.apk alone, hopefully market/play will work again.

AOSP is compiling but not starting up, I'm working on that. If anyone cares...

Native USB storage is still not working, investigating.

Applied the 3G and MMS fixes. Testing these.
    So that means A9 tomorrow!!!!!!!????

Sent from my HTC_Flyer_P512_NA using Tapatalk
    04-26-2012 05:58 PM
    So that means A9 tomorrow!!!!!!!????

Sent from my HTC_Flyer_P512_NA using Tapatalk
    If all that works alpha9 will be my daily driver.
    And what about CNA????
    04-26-2012 06:05 PM
    Hey tdm do you have any idea if youtube will work on alpha 9? If it does and everything works like you said, this is my new daily rom for sure
    04-26-2012 06:07 PM
    Hey tdm do you have any idea if youtube will work on alpha 9? If it does and everything works like you said, this is my new daily rom for sure
    Youtube works on alpha 7.
    04-26-2012 06:08 PM
    Youtube works on alpha 7.
    Yeah it broke though in Alpha 8. I was just wondering if it was gonna be working again
    04-26-2012 06:13 PM
    AOSP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-6
    04-26-2012 06:18 PM

AOSP is compiling but not starting up, I'm working on that. If anyone cares....
    AOSP gave me one hell of a ride. What logcat errors are you facing? I simply couldn't get CNA to boot unless the new Adreno driver files were in there.
    glarepate likes this.
    04-26-2012 06:24 PM
    Not sure, will test...
    04-26-2012 06:34 PM
8,044 ... 117118119120121 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD