07-05-2012 01:33 AM
8,044 ... 119120121122123 ...
tools
    my friend has a galaxy S and thinks its the best ting ever they ask "whats that on your phone?" i reply "something your galaxy S will never have ;D"
    It has, the dude is probably just too stupid to root it and flash ics
    04-26-2012 10:38 PM
    Any idea what time (west) will the ROM be uploaded? Just wanna know to see if I have to wake up early to download it with wifi ':/
    04-26-2012 10:40 PM
    It has, the dude is probably just too stupid to root it and flash ics
    Idk about stupid, I have a lot of geeky friends... I'm in school for engineering, but all of them are too afraid to brick their phones by rooting. Hackers seem to be in the minority.

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk 2
    04-26-2012 10:41 PM
    Idk about stupid, I have a lot of geeky friends... I'm in school for engineering, but all of them are too afraid to brick their phones by rooting. Hackers seem to be in the minority.

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk 2
    I rooted my phone the day after I bought it. The thread mentioned nothing about bricking, or what bricking was. So I rooted it (I was new to android, I didn't even know what root did!).
    After rooting my phone for the fun of it, thats when someone told me I could of bricked my phone. Beginners luck?
    04-26-2012 10:46 PM
    I rooted my phone the day after I bought it. The thread mentioned nothing about bricking, or what bricking was. So I rooted it (I was new to android, I didn't even know what root did!).
    After rooting my phone for the fun of it, thats when someone told me I could of bricked my phone. Beginners luck?
    Nah, bricking doesn't happen very often unless u really ed up in something ..
    And I rooted mine with gingerbreak so I guess that was easier
    firecrotch666 likes this.
    04-26-2012 10:48 PM
    Any idea what time (west) will the ROM be uploaded? Just wanna know to see if I have to wake up early to download it with wifi ':/
    04-26-2012 10:52 PM
    I rooted my v within hours of getting it (black Friday, between the midnight and 2:00 shopping sessions [my mom is crazy.. too much shopping]). But I had experience from my first android (the mytouch 3g, also rooted the day I got it). The only devices I've had difficulty rooting were the high end ones like the evo design
    04-26-2012 10:53 PM
    I rooted my v within hours of getting it (black Friday, between the midnight and 2:00 shopping sessions [my mom is crazy.. too much shopping]). But I had experience from my first android (the mytouch 3g, also rooted the day I got it). The only devices I've had difficulty rooting were the high end ones like the evo design
    I got mine on black friday too lol

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5
    04-26-2012 10:57 PM
    He usually updates them around 5:00 PM west. Maybe sooner or later, I don't want to call an ETA and get shouted at by all these devs. /:

I had to get the OV replaced, I rooted the replacement within minutes. :)
    My friend took an hour rooting his Nexus S, when all we OV users is press a button that says "Root Now", aren't we lucky? :)
    KeviiinS likes this.
    04-26-2012 10:58 PM
    I'll be waiting for alpha 9 tdm. Your the best
    04-26-2012 10:59 PM
    I got mine on black friday too lol

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5
    Evo was easy to root but to install a custom ROM it was a pain in the *** because it had a locked bootloader Dx
    04-26-2012 11:00 PM
    He usually updates them around 5:00 PM west. Maybe sooner or later, I don't want to call an ETA and get shouted at by all these devs. /:

I had to get the OV replaced, I rooted the replacement within minutes.
    My friend took an hour rooting his Nexus S, when all we OV users is press a button that says "Root Now", aren't we lucky?
    Actually, gingerbreak works on nexus s now '
    04-26-2012 11:01 PM
    Hey tdm, is your 3.0.x kernel going to be into your new build?
    No. Still working on it.
    04-26-2012 11:09 PM
    That's one sweet teacher! Mine is stuck with a feature phone on a two year contract... mhm...
    ...Hey TDM, can you get ICS to work on a clamshell feature phone?
    No but I bet it would run netbsd.
    firecrotch666 and tvall like this.
    04-26-2012 11:11 PM
    Actually, gingerbreak works on nexus s now ';)
    Not back then, he lost his patience so many times that day. lol
    While he was doing that, I was on Cyanogenmod7, showing off my root access. ;)
    04-26-2012 11:12 PM
    AOSP gave me one hell of a ride. What logcat errors are you facing? I simply couldn't get CNA to boot unless the new Adreno driver files were in there.
    Had the same issue with zoneinfo as aokp. What the heck is up with the zoneinfo?!? Now dalvik comes up but still the screen is blank. Lots of gralloc errors. I tried both adreno libs, no luck. It's probably something in the screen compat stuff...
    04-27-2012 12:48 AM
    Had the same issue with zoneinfo as aokp. What the heck is up with the zoneinfo?!? Now dalvik comes up but still the screen is blank. Lots of gralloc errors. I tried both adreno libs, no luck. It's probably something in the screen compat stuff...
    I'm learning .. ^_^
    Do u guys really do program Android in C and/or Java?
    04-27-2012 01:10 AM
    TDM I'll give you everything in my wallet if you get AOSP working. Just don't make me tell you how much it is first. </poor>
    tvall, tdm and KeviiinS like this.
    04-27-2012 01:43 AM
    TDM I'll give you everything in my wallet if you get AOSP working. Just don't make me tell you how much it is first. </poor>
    I will too! I've got... *looks in wallet* 10 quetzals... where did i get Guatemalan money from???
    tdm and KeviiinS like this.
    04-27-2012 01:45 AM
    Tvall your hispano lo siento off topic
    Ian very excited for A9 or B1
    drm1992 likes this.
    04-27-2012 01:55 AM
    I'm learning .. ^_^
    Do u guys really do program Android in C and/or Java?
    Yes Android is mostly c, c++, and java. But building roms is much more about troubleshooting than writing code. Most of the time anyway.
    04-27-2012 02:17 AM
    Yes Android is mostly c, c++, and java. But building roms is much more about troubleshooting than writing code. Most of the time anyway.
    I see, I should get a little involved. I know Java and a little bit of C++. I'll see how I do
    I have time.. I'm just 15
    04-27-2012 02:20 AM
    Off topic. Pero Llo tambien. El Salvador

Sent from my HTC_Flyer_P512_NA using Tapatalk
    04-27-2012 03:30 AM
    That's one sweet teacher! Mine is stuck with a feature phone on a two year contract... mhm...
    ...Hey TDM, can you get ICS to work on a clamshell feature phone?
    nuthin to it tdm can get ics workin on two cans and some string :what:
    04-27-2012 06:49 AM
    Please stop with the off topic talk!

MMS do send and receive with the proper apn. Right now the default messaging app doesn't work, I believe the problem is that it may not be splitting the messages. I'm running another build to test my theory....
    04-27-2012 07:39 AM
8,044 ... 119120121122123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD