07-05-2012 12:33 AM
8,044 ... 127128129130131 ...
tools
    Just so I sleep better at night:

To enable another keyboard go to settings>language and input options> select SWYPE BETA done. Right? Well my problem is when I go to say SMS or gmail and I can't figure out how to select anything other than android keyboard. Am I missing something? I long pressed the text box and usually it pops up. With this rom I'm wondering if there's another step I'm missing or somewhere else I have to click to ensure I'm using the other keyboard. After selecting Swype in the settings I listed above, I go back into that setting and it's not selected like the setting I chose isn't saving. I don't know. Does anyone have similar problems and or issues? Just curious. Thanks everyone for your hard work.
    That's exactly the issue I'm having with mine.
    04-28-2012 02:30 PM
    Anyone that has been in this forum for more than two months knows that it was sarcasm. If you didn't know it was sarcasm you obviously havnt been around very long. Those who have know that I never ask for etas, try to be kind to people, and offer help to anyone that asks me. When a member with over 1000 posts and 150 thanks posts something like that you assumr its sarcasm. If you didn't notice, all the people that misunderstood it were new members. I was using sarcasm to show how ridiculous all the noobs are posting about every bug five times... I find it ridiculous that there's only 180 thanks on the OP post when I'm sure that there's over four times that amount that download it.

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk 2
    This.

But come on now guys, lets just get back to being happy that ICS is almost in alpha 9, and will get even better later. No need for all this arguing (even though anthonycr is right about the new folks, read the thread before asking questions ^^)
    04-28-2012 02:35 PM
    Just so I sleep better at night:

To enable another keyboard go to settings>language and input options> select SWYPE BETA done. Right? Well my problem is when I go to say SMS or gmail and I can't figure out how to select anything other than android keyboard. Am I missing something? I long pressed the text box and usually it pops up. With this rom I'm wondering if there's another step I'm missing or somewhere else I have to click to ensure I'm using the other keyboard. After selecting Swype in the settings I listed above, I go back into that setting and it's not selected like the setting I chose isn't saving. I don't know. Does anyone have similar problems and or issues? Just curious. Thanks everyone for your hard work.
    Change your keyboard through settings. Also.... Remember the thing, ALPHA.
    04-28-2012 02:41 PM
    Almost? This is Alpha 9
    04-28-2012 02:44 PM
    My last thought on everyone ripping on Anthony. You do realize he's a dev as well? He knows exactly what tdm is dealing with, better than the majority of us (myself included) so I think some slack ought to be cut.

Can't we all just get along? </soapbox>

Sent from the BACKside of Tapatalk 2
    04-28-2012 02:45 PM
    Everyone needs to just let him do his thing, it's not like its never going to be completed. People who keep posting about bug's need to just go to alpha 7. Only thing wrong with that build is no camera preview/mms not to bad.. and theres a easy 3g fix.
    So the fix will stop the 3g and wifi drom dropping?..and what page is it on please? i also hope
    it's easy to do -.-
    04-28-2012 03:03 PM
    Okay, I've been using the alpha 8 with the fixes! And I wanna thank the guy who provided us with alpha 8 with the fixes installed. Now I was wanting to know if anyone out there will apply those fixes to alpha 9 and upload a link for us less knowledgeable users (: PLEASE!
    04-28-2012 03:03 PM
    Or if you apply your own fixes for other reasons to make the rom more stable! Sorry for the second post.
    04-28-2012 03:06 PM
    Okay, I've been using the alpha 8 with the fixes! And I wanna thank the guy who provided us with alpha 8 with the fixes installed. Now I was wanting to know if anyone out there will apply those fixes to alpha 9 and upload a link for us less knowledgeable users (: PLEASE!
    Alpha 9 already has those fixes

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5
    04-28-2012 03:08 PM
    Alpha 9 already has those fixes

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5
    I know but is it working good? I'm sorry if I'm being difficult or off topic.
    04-28-2012 03:13 PM
    When you are typing look up in your notifications and you'll see a option to change the input method.
    04-28-2012 03:26 PM
    what are the ways to get 3g and wifi working on Alpha 7? and i know this probably been ask and answer many times before
    04-28-2012 03:49 PM
    what are the ways to get 3g and wifi working on Alpha 7? and i know this probably been ask and answer many times before
    Toggle airplane mode when on alpha 7.
    04-28-2012 03:52 PM
    Is anyone else having trouble setting up the pattern lock screen.

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk
    04-28-2012 03:58 PM
    So tried flashing rom but get status 7 error I'm using cwm green to flash do I have to use a different recovery
    04-28-2012 04:09 PM
    So tried flashing rom but get status 7 error I'm using cwm green to flash do I have to use a different recovery
    Yes, that's Jerry's right? His next release will be able to flash anything but a radio, but right now only flashes BACKside.

Sent from the BACKside of Tapatalk 2
    Billzilla likes this.
    04-28-2012 04:14 PM
    Is anyone else having trouble setting up the pattern lock screen.

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk
    What I did was i restarted after i set everything up, and it was there.
    Nate456 likes this.
    04-28-2012 04:34 PM
    Almost? This is Alpha 9
    Exactly. " ALPHA " 9. Not even Beta yet. You guys report to many bugs and don't read the latest release to see what's broken and what's fixed.
    04-28-2012 04:56 PM
    The third sibling in the quattrimus family is arriving ... I finally got AOSP to boot. It is having an issue with the touch screen driver but I'm sure that will be fixable.

So get ready for a triple AOSP/CM9/AOKP release with alpha 10 next week!
    04-28-2012 05:08 PM
    The third sibling in the quattrimus family is arriving ... I finally got AOSP to boot. It is having an issue with the touch screen driver but I'm sure that will be fixable.

I mean I guess that's cool
    04-28-2012 05:10 PM
    Quattrimus is coming along nicely. Good work tdm and everyone else putting work in on it.

@Anthony... Wouldn't worry about the crap you been getting for your comment. I'm sure 95% of the members know how valuable you've been to the ov community and that you were being sarcastic.

Noobs to these forums need to read up on these threads if they want to add their 2 cent so they have a good idea of what's going on and who's doing it. I admit I haven't kept up with this thread as well as the iho threads. That's why I will try the rom and skim over the thread but I don't make comments as I don't know if the issue has been addressed before.

Anyway good work to everyone working on this project and all the others also. This phone keeps getting better
    04-28-2012 05:15 PM
    I'm still currently using Alpha 7.

Is Alpha 9 as good/as stab;e?
    04-28-2012 05:22 PM

Doesn't compiling a ROM takes hours? How many cores do u have in u computer to put up with that? I heard that in 12 core it takes 15min
    04-28-2012 05:23 PM
    How do u take a screenshot in AOKP??
    EDIT: nvm. Its in ROM control
    04-28-2012 05:24 PM

just tried alpha 9 cm9,3g issues appear resolved. i still get constant fc and reboots at random doing everything from changing settings,trying to apply a wallpaper via long press menu or directly in gallery,and general navigation through this build. reboots and force close issues are so frequent it makes it pretty much unuseable as they begin the moment you try to do anything outside just letting it load after boot. didn't try mms etc due to the high frequency of the freezing and reboot stuff. will try 10 next time around.
    04-28-2012 05:28 PM
8,044 ... 127128129130131 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD