07-05-2012 12:33 AM
8,044 ... 130131132133134 ...
tools
    I think its just general driver issue, I tried different Camera clients and they all fail to load or detect the camera. I know I say diver issues a lot, but I think this is the main problem. Hopefully the 3.0 kernel tdm is working on will fix this.

tdm, will the 3.0 be in the AOSP build?
    The same kernel drives gb camera fine. It's the camera libs. There are several layers of libs involved, and some are vendor binaries.

And no, I'm still working on the kernel. But now that data usage works, that is one less reason to get it done. I might try to get Bluetooth working first.
    chucksaysblah and glarepate like this.
    04-28-2012 11:15 PM
    Alpha. It'll be fixed soon, as this is a port from The Optimus One, I believe.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5
    No. This is built from source. it just uses fixes from to O1. Tdm has said before that he doesnt do ports
    04-28-2012 11:17 PM
    The same kernel drives gb camera fine. It's the camera libs. There are several layers of libs involved, and some are vendor binaries.

And no, I'm still working on the kernel. But now that data usage works, that is one less reason to get it done. I might try to get Bluetooth working first.
    I wouldnt give up on the kernel yet, with jelly bean supposedly around the corner. it may help quite a bit if the devs even want to tackle it
    04-28-2012 11:19 PM
    Fixed the screen. Now wifi won't scan. But that should be about the last issue.
    So might that be a hint that you made ics a beta rom in 10 builds? Believe it or not... I actually guessed that you were going to do it in 10..
    04-28-2012 11:21 PM
    I wouldnt give up on the kernel yet, with jelly bean supposedly around the corner. it may help quite a bit if the devs even want to tackle it
    I'm not giving up, its just that it got bumped down in priority.
    04-28-2012 11:27 PM
    Wait, wasn't the camera working at one point but didn't display anything? As in, it took pics, but you couldn't see what you were taking pics of? Perhaps it was a different kernel?
    04-28-2012 11:27 PM
    So might that be a hint that you made ics a beta rom in 10 builds? Believe it or not... I actually guessed that you were going to do it in 10..
    No, it will suffer from broken camera preview and Bluetooth just like the other two flavors.
    04-28-2012 11:29 PM
    No, it will suffer from broken camera preview and Bluetooth just like the other two flavors.
    I hardly ever use the camera and NEVER use the bluetooth. So in my eyes its a beta xD. Thank you tdm.
    04-28-2012 11:31 PM
    Wait, wasn't the camera working at one point but didn't display anything? As in, it took pics, but you couldn't see what you were taking pics of? Perhaps it was a different kernel?
    That is how it is currently if I'm not mistaken.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2
    04-28-2012 11:32 PM
    I'm not giving up, its just that it got bumped down in priority.
    Ahh i see. Well congrats. A few pages back i think you said you arent that good of a dev, you need to quit lying to yourself haha. I cant for the life of me get cm9 to compile. I gave up, dont have the time for it. Running a9 and it runs great other than the wifi. Thanks a lot tdm
    tdm likes this.
    04-28-2012 11:35 PM
    That is how it is currently if I'm not mistaken.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2
    Yes. Except that I think there is a permission issue in the aokp build.
    04-28-2012 11:35 PM
    Ahh i see. Well congrats. A few pages back i think you said you arent that good of a dev, you need to quit lying to yourself haha. I cant for the life of me get cm9 to compile. I gave up, dont have the time for it. Running a9 and it runs great other than the wifi. Thanks a lot tdm
    Well, I'm a pretty good developer, and I can certainly compile some code. But I'm not that great of a ROM developer/maintainer. I get too distracted with multiple builds, kernel updates, and working on other devices. Which translates into releasing minimally tested builds, two weeks or more between releases, and not enough finding fixes for things that are broken. But hopefully I'll get my kernel done and my other device sorted out in the next few weeks, and be able to focus more on getting the camera and bluetooth fixed.
    sellers86, cmerlyn and Badboytoast like this.
    04-28-2012 11:54 PM
    Well, I'm a pretty good developer, and I can certainly compile some code. But I'm not that great of a ROM developer/maintainer. I get too distracted with multiple builds, kernel updates, and working on other devices. Which translates into releasing minimally tested builds, two weeks or more between releases, and not enough finding fixes for things that are broken. But hopefully I'll get my kernel done and my other device sorted out in the next few weeks, and be able to focus more on getting the camera and bluetooth fixed.
    I'm 99% positive this won't work, but the devs over at the Hero GSM have fixed camera preview..
    [DEV] ICS Camera with preview. - xda-developers
    tdm and zoidberg_md like this.
    04-29-2012 12:04 AM
    Well no rush. Your putting out great work. Many didnt even think ics on the v was possible
    tdm likes this.
    04-29-2012 12:07 AM
    I'm 99% positive this won't work, but the devs over at the Hero GSM have fixed camera preview..
    [DEV] ICS Camera with preview. - xda-developers
    It may not work, but it could get it that much closer
    04-29-2012 12:08 AM
    Can someone please point me in the right direction on getting Link2SD working on this rom? I'm really impressed with the performance so far, but I really don't see any way to use this on a daily basis without some method of moving apps to the sdcard and Link2SD has been my favorite for awhile now. Is there some other method built in that I'm supposed to be using instead? I saw several posts in the search mention that people had been successful getting the application to run, but I am having issues with the app finding my second partition no matter what I try.

I can do the research and find the information about the WiFi which seems to be a continual issue with an easy fix and I can live without a fully working camera until it too gets fixed (at current rate of speed I'm not really anticipating this taking too long, so no pressure) but I absolutely have to have a way to move apps some how.

So can anyone point me in the right direction? I promise I'll get cracking on reading the whole thread some time tomorrow.

--bornagainpenguin
    04-29-2012 12:08 AM
    I saw over on xda they got camera preview working on the p500. I'd post a link but I'm on my phone..
    tdm likes this.
    04-29-2012 12:20 AM
    Can someone please point me in the right direction on getting Link2SD working on this rom? I'm really impressed with the performance so far, but I really don't see any way to use this on a daily basis without some method of moving apps to the sdcard and Link2SD has been my favorite for awhile now. Is there some other method built in that I'm supposed to be using instead? I saw several posts in the search mention that people had been successful getting the application to run, but I am having issues with the app finding my second partition no matter what I try.

I can do the research and find the information about the WiFi which seems to be a continual issue with an easy fix and I can live without a fully working camera until it too gets fixed (at current rate of speed I'm not really anticipating this taking too long, so no pressure) but I absolutely have to have a way to move apps some how.

So can anyone point me in the right direction? I promise I'll get cracking on reading the whole thread some time tomorrow.

--bornagainpenguin
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/opt...sd#post1720064
    bornagainpenguin likes this.
    04-29-2012 12:56 AM
    I saw over on xda they got camera preview working on the p500. I'd post a link but I'm on my phone..
    What is the name of the thread?

04-29-2012 01:12 AM
    Yeah, I saw that when I did a search of the thread. Screwy thing is the guy you linked to says it doesn't work for him, guy after that says it does. Not sure how that is helpful since there aren't any details on what the guy who has it working did. Thanks any way.

--bornagainpenguin
    04-29-2012 01:31 AM
    All this good stuff happening when I can't flash!!! Ugh!!

Keep up the work, I plan to get my phone fixed up soon.
    04-29-2012 01:47 AM
    Bobzhome.....

04-29-2012 02:07 AM
    Bobzhome.....Click to view quoted image

Man I swear he is a genius. Hes just to quiet.
    04-29-2012 02:22 AM
    Bobzhome.....Click to view quoted image

Please!!! I beg!!! Tell me how!!!
    04-29-2012 03:08 AM
    Camera

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1614420

Omg, it does work. I would try it but it says something about baseband and I don't even know what that is so i don't wanna take a risk
    zoidberg_md and tdm like this.
    04-29-2012 03:21 AM
8,044 ... 130131132133134 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD