07-05-2012 12:33 AM
8,044 ... 1314151617 ...
tools
    I thought I might have seen this somewhere in this thread. I have a problem using pictures for wallpaper. With gallery and quickpic, the crop looks ok but when I add the wallpaper it is zoomed in and positioned to the right.

I really don't like the way it does widgets. I might have an app that has 12 widgets. Instead of long pressing the screen and choosing one, like normal, it separates them and puts them all in the widgets section of the drawer. Hard to navigate and hard to read because the text is cut off.
    02-19-2012 03:55 PM
    Does it work on Optimus s?
    It is made for the s us v owners are just playing with it. It works really good tho considering its not really made for our phone

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk
    02-19-2012 04:04 PM
    Does it work on Optimus s?
    Which?

Quattrimus is made for the OV, but I'm currently using an OS kernel from Drew. That will change later this week when I build my own.

Drew's iScream kernel (and all his kernels AFAIK) are for the OS.
    chucksaysblah and Masema like this.
    02-19-2012 04:15 PM
    Which?

Quattrimus is made for the OV, but I'm currently using an OS kernel from Drew. That will change later this week when I build my own.

Drew's iScream kernel (and all his kernels AFAIK) are for the OS.
    Can't wait to see what you come up with tdm. ICS on the OV really is looking promising. Once its had some time to mature it'll hang with our current IHO roms for sure

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk
    02-19-2012 04:26 PM
    Note the last row of the keyboard is now halfway off the bottom of the screen in portrait mode. It's usable but funky. Maybe someone can find a way to fix it? Please?
    If I'm reading this correctly, lupohirp says this is an aosp issue that will be fixed in 4.0.4.
    chucksaysblah and Masema like this.
    02-19-2012 04:38 PM
    Not sure if this is a known issue or not; whenever you try to download anything through the browser on this ROM, it fails to grab the file info, and when viewing in the download manager, it goes back and forth between 'failed' and 'in progress'.
    I believe this should be resolved before considering it in BETA stage.
    banmj likes this.
    02-19-2012 05:23 PM
    I have noticed a problem with headset sound quality. The right side seems to be a bit louder than the left. I dont think it's my headphones becuase the problem isnt there when using Bobz ROM.
    02-19-2012 06:08 PM
    If I'm reading this correctly, lupohirp says this is an aosp issue that will be fixed in 4.0.4.
    How would lupohirp know something like that? Was the information made available somewhere?
    My SwiftKey keyboard work perfectly with ics
    02-19-2012 06:39 PM
    FlexT9 works fine with it, too.

Sent from the BACKside of Tapatalk
    02-19-2012 06:42 PM
    You know, i could have SWORE there was a bug reporting system...

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk
    02-19-2012 07:22 PM
    Im pretty sure the backup will take care of that.
    02-19-2012 07:38 PM
    You know, i could have SWORE there was a bug reporting system...

If there is, it could of been something I overlooked within the 36 pages that I spent all night reading before I posted.
    02-19-2012 08:10 PM
    If there is, it could of been something I overlooked within the 36 pages that I spent all night reading before I posted.
    Tdm is using github as an error reporting system... its in this thread somewhere.
    02-19-2012 08:17 PM
    I'm just wondering if anyone is noticing excessive battery drain. Obviously alpha is.not going to have as good life as iho but it seems I'm losing about 20% an hour with light usage, more like 10% if I keep the screen off.
    02-19-2012 08:20 PM
    Tdm is using github as an error reporting system... its in this thread somewhere.
    The link is in the OP and you go here.
    nitestalkr likes this.
    02-19-2012 08:20 PM
    Please see the first post.
    nitestalkr likes this.
    02-19-2012 08:51 PM
    I'm just wondering if anyone is noticing excessive battery drain. Obviously alpha is.not going to have as good life as iho but it seems I'm losing about 20% an hour with light usage, more like 10% if I keep the screen off.
    I wouldn't quite call it excessive, but so far my phone has been on battery for 2h 29m 15s, and i have 76% battery, all radios turned on(Wifi, 3G, GPS, Bluetooth[even though im not using BT]), and 825/480MHz on SAVAGEDZEN governor, with medium to heavy usage (been using the browser a lot and angry birds, and not closing any apps, just letting them run in the background.)
    The only thing I've changed from the initial install of Quattrimus, was install Drew's iScream kernel.
    And then again, not all Optimus V's are created equal.
    02-19-2012 09:19 PM
    It seemed like I was getting shorter battery life. I'm comparing it to Harmonia 2, but still, it seemed to run out quite a bit faster. This isn't really an issue with me though, I'm not sure that I go anywhere that doesn't have an electrical outlet, and I've always got my charger. This ROM just looks and feels so nice, it's worth a little less time between charges as long as it's pretty stable.
    02-19-2012 09:31 PM
    Well I run wifi only on airplane mode it does drain faster but with juice defender its better

02-19-2012 09:52 PM
    I wouldn't quite call it excessive, but so far my phone has been on battery for 2h 29m 15s, and i have 76% battery, all radios turned on(Wifi, 3G, GPS, Bluetooth[even though im not using BT]), and 825/480MHz on SAVAGEDZEN governor, with medium to heavy usage (been using the browser a lot and angry birds, and not closing any apps, just letting them run in the background.)
    The only thing I've changed from the initial install of Quattrimus, was install Drew's iScream kernel.
    And then again, not all Optimus V's are created equal.
    I tried the iScream kernel, but I couldn't get wifi to turn on... any ideas?
    02-19-2012 10:14 PM
    What max. and min. speeds are you running, and which governor are you using?
    I've had my phone untouched(screen off) for the past hour now, and it has dropped to 70%.
    And I'm coming from Jerry's BACKside ROM, so this is my first time seeing the SAVAGEDZEN governor, which caught my eye when I saw it. So far, it seems to be just about meeting the battery life that I've experienced in an early Dec. or Jan. build of BACKside. So far, with the results that I'm experiencing, once Quattrimus becomes a standard build (out of ALPHA and BETA stages), I'm sure that our little Optimus V's will experience a supremacy of balance between both excellent performance, and excellent battery life.
    jimlikesmayo likes this.
    02-19-2012 10:17 PM
    what does the SAVAGEDZEN governor do different than interactive x?
    02-19-2012 10:51 PM
    what does the SAVAGEDZEN governor do different than interactive x?
    + savagedzen (By jsseidel@XDA)
    SavagedZen is a governor based on the Smartass governor. With tweaks to paramaters which control how much and how fast cpu ramps up/down. Main difference versus Smartass is that cpu ramps down not in fixed steps, but based on cpu load heuristics, i.e. when cpu load falls below threshold (min_cpu_load), cpu immediately ramps down to a frequency derived from the measured load.

Pulled from this German android forum.
    02-19-2012 11:09 PM
    Ummm... OK lol thanks!
    02-20-2012 12:11 AM
    I do have to say that msm7k profile is super fast, I have never seen my phone so responsive. I'm sure my battery life is horrible with it. If my wifi would stop having issues, I could stick with this.

02-20-2012 12:42 AM
8,044 ... 1314151617 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD