07-05-2012 12:33 AM
8,044 ... 155156157158159 ...
tools
    You're doing the Lord's work tdm, that is all.
    05-08-2012 07:57 AM
    Is USB storage not working for anyone? The op makes no mention of it, and from what I was seeing I thought it worked. For me it mounts but then doesn't show up on my PC. I can't even adb with USB debugging on... I'm thinking that its not what everyone else is getting.
    05-08-2012 08:19 AM
    Hey Leslie, the dock and icons you uploaded look freaking awesome on ICS

Click to view quoted image

Sent from my LG-VM670 running quattrimus AOKP using Tapatalk
    Where would one look to find these? They're sweet looking!

Sent from the BACKside of Tapatalk 2
    05-08-2012 08:50 AM
    Yeah .. I should have mentioned that my phone is oc'd to 748 when I posted that youtube works.

My trusty old-screen OV is rock solid at 748 on all the ROMs I've put on it, but won't really go above that.

Oh, and in case nobody's noticed yet, the baseband is filled in on the settings page now. Thanks to mrg666 and JerryScript for that patch.
    Thanks TDM. I did notice that the baseband was showing, and I also realized that my radio is 5 updates behind. I tried to update radio but it wouldn't take, I got caught in a recovery bootloop and it was hours until I got it back. Had to flash Xionia recovery to fix it. I'm not done with the radio update yet though.

Great work on these roms!!! Currently running AOKP, but very excited about AOSP. So excited, I bought a used OV on ebay to test other versions.

You rock!

Rob
    tdm and Badboytoast like this.
    05-08-2012 08:57 AM
    Anthony, I noticed the UMS app missing, that may have something to do with it. I have a backup of it's apk, if that'll help...

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk 2
    glarepate likes this.
    05-08-2012 09:14 AM
    On AOKP I overclocked to 748 an youtube still lags like all hell on HQ and Standard quality
    Phone does like to restart also. Is it safe to change my kernel? What does the Kraken's ICS kernel change? Will I have to wipe again before flashing it?

Will see if Play Music works well, in Alpha 7 and 8 it lagged really badly.
    05-08-2012 09:33 AM
    Bluetooth calls still not working. I heard notifications through it though, so at least part of bluetooth is working. just not calls.

back to IHO I gooooo
    05-08-2012 09:36 AM
    Just installed CM9 and everything went very smoothly. I really appreciate all the hard work everyone put in.

Just one thing I noticed so far, Netflix is audio only (black screen, no video).
    05-08-2012 09:37 AM
    I know you weren't asking me, but have you tried a different governor? InteractiveX maybe?

Also, anyone know where the ADB Over Network option went, or is that not implemented in AOKP?
    Possible solutions from anyone would be fine. But it failed on ondemand and smartassv2. Haven't tried interactiveX. I'll try in a little bit. Right now I had to disable OC.

Sent from my Cybertronian QuattrOV using Tapatalk 2000 (Now With Teleka-Typing!!!!)
    05-08-2012 09:41 AM
    installed aokp, its working great. installed last night. had initial issues with bt, had to enable wifi first, then it worked fine. calls, Pandora, all working with bt.
    I did have something odd, the stock browser won't display any text. I can scroll the pages up an down so I know its loaded but there's nothing there. is there an option to change colors? it appears its all white against a white background.
    GREAT JOB TDM!!! I'll play with this for a few days then try cm9.
    tdm likes this.
    05-08-2012 09:55 AM
    Anthony, I noticed the UMS app missing, that may have something to do with it. I have a backup of it's apk, if that'll help...

The app is missing because (at least I thought) ums was natively working on the rom. Its OK, I have the apk to somewhere on my PC.

05-08-2012 09:57 AM
    oh my god I'm so excited! Thank you so much for all your hard work and for making my phone so much more awesome! I'm going to try to wait til alpha 10 final to reflash but we'll see lol.

I was using alpha 7 but couldn't handle no pandora & no camera preview, so I went back to my old fav. cm7 mirage rom, but I didn't realize how amazing quattrimus's battery life was til I didn't have it anymore! I really hope it's still as great.

I also really want to flash AOKP but honestly not having a 3g toggle in the drop down notification is a deal-breaker for me. I need that toggle. And I need it to be in my status bar.

Anyone know why AOKP doesn't have a 3g toggle in the notification drop down/ if it will be corrected any time soon??
    tdm likes this.
    05-08-2012 10:07 AM
    ALPHA 10 BOOYAH!

...Flashing now
    05-08-2012 10:13 AM
    Anyone having issues with spotty Wi-Fi in AOKP?

05-08-2012 10:20 AM
    The unicorn is official aokp. Learn to love it

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk
    Love it? My alternative method is to delete it in recovery and replace it with a zero length file by using the 'touch' program.

After you delete the startup animation file you then run 'touch bootanimation.zip' and it will make a zero length file with the current date and time stamp. No startup video after that.
    05-08-2012 10:20 AM
    Bluetooth calls still not working. I heard notifications through it though, so at least part of bluetooth is working. just not calls.

back to IHO I gooooo
    Couldn't get communication through my car Bluetooth . Would pair up and dial, but nothing vocal back and forth.
    05-08-2012 10:32 AM
    New ROMs are the closest and adult can come to that same feeling you get on Christmas Eve. Watching the bootscreen cycle just waiting to hear reindeer on the roof with your new wonderful present! The long first boot is the ultimate in anticipation building...
    tdm and Teh_Gaberz like this.
    05-08-2012 10:33 AM
    Love it? My alternative method is to delete it in recovery and replace it with a zero length file by using the 'touch' program.

After you delete the startup animation file you then run 'touch bootanimation.zip' and it will make a zero length file with the current date and time stamp. No startup video after that.
    Doesn't the boot animation control work?

System settings -> ROM Control -> General UI -> Disable boot animation

I've never tried it personally...
    05-08-2012 10:38 AM
    Couldn't get communication through my car Bluetooth . Would pair up and dial, but nothing vocal back and forth.
    Yeah me too. Will try to look into this...
    drm1992 and jayleekay like this.
    05-08-2012 10:39 AM
    Well I finally ran into some problems in the aokp build.
    YouTube is extremely laggy in standard quality, camera will go into camcorder mode but won't record anything and lastly if I try to play a video, the gallery with freeze and crash.
    05-08-2012 10:40 AM
    Anybody else get this?

"Unfortunately, the process android.process.media has stopped."

I wonder if I've got a corrupt media file on my sdcard...?
    05-08-2012 10:43 AM
    Well I finally ran into some problems in the aokp build.
    YouTube is extremely laggy in standard quality, camera will go into camcorder mode but won't record anything and lastly if I try to play a video, the gallery with freeze and crash.
    camcorder is known not to work (but may work within a week or two). others have reported issues with youtube but I don't see it myself. haven't tried playing a video from the gallery, I'll test that later.
    Badboytoast likes this.
    05-08-2012 10:45 AM
    Anyone having issues with spotty Wi-Fi in AOKP?

Nope, Wi-Fi runs perfectly on mine.
    05-08-2012 10:45 AM
    camcorder is known not to work (but may work within a week or two). others have reported issues with youtube but I don't see it myself. haven't tried playing a video from the gallery, I'll test that later.
    Thanks tdm, you're awesome.
    tdm likes this.
    05-08-2012 10:48 AM
    Nope, Wi-Fi runs perfectly on mine.
    Yeah mine seems fine too. Did notice that while playing Pandora it will occasionally studder like something else is using the data while its streaming. Is there somewhere I can see what is all using data? Maybe something is trying to use background data??
    05-08-2012 10:51 AM
8,044 ... 155156157158159 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD