07-05-2012 01:33 AM
8,044 ... 164165166167168 ...
tools
    From what I understand, CM9 is the most stable of the three.

Sent from the BACKside of Tapatalk 2
    05-10-2012 08:52 AM
    Generally, the CyanogenMod team is leading the way with both arm6 support (that's our cpu) and general stability. So, as a general rule CM9 will be the most stable.

AOKP does not support arm6 (at least not yet) so I had to pick through the code and make that work. That sort of makes it less stable by definition. But other than that, they follow CM9 closely.

AOSP is waaaay behind. I'm still trying to get the phone working. But it's doing remarkably well for the amount of attention I've given to it.
    05-10-2012 10:40 AM
    I must be the only one havnt seen anyone else with problem phone will not charge on akop but charges just fine on harmonia or any iho rom
    I also had problems with charging on aokp. Turning my phone off and letting the charging screen come up for a minute or so and turning back on got it charging again. It would charge with phone off and in recovery, just not while actually using the phone.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Xparent Purple Tapatalk 2
    05-10-2012 11:13 AM
    Just wondering, there wasn't an equalizer built into CM9 and yet it was built into AOKP. That's the main reason I went back to using AOKP, besides the weather integration and a few added mods. Is there any way you can include MusicFX in the next CM9 build?

Sent from my LG-VM670 running quattrimus AOKP alpha10 using Tapatalk
    05-10-2012 11:20 AM
    Just wondering, there wasn't an equalizer built into CM9 and yet it was built into AOKP. That's the main reason I went back to using AOKP, besides the weather integration and a few added mods. Is there any way you can include MusicFX in the next CM9 build?

There's a few mods over at xda in the optimus v theme and mods area where they got dsp manager and another one like called SRS working on CM9, all you have to do is remove a few files and flash a zip.
    chellebelle likes this.
    05-10-2012 11:37 AM
    Generally, the CyanogenMod team is leading the way with both arm6 support (that's our cpu) and general stability. So, as a general rule CM9 will be the most stable.

AOKP does not support arm6 (at least not yet) so I had to pick through the code and make that work. That sort of makes it less stable by definition. But other than that, they follow CM9 closely.

AOSP is waaaay behind. I'm still trying to get the phone working. But it's doing remarkably well for the amount of attention I've given to it.
    just tried cm9 vs aosp i tried the other day. it's no more stable than asop was. accessing about anything usually results in a short freeze and crash to reboot. i left statistics running as long as possible. after three crash reboots just opening settings,i said to hell with it.
    05-10-2012 12:10 PM
    Has anyone tried doing a dirty flash yet?
    05-10-2012 12:27 PM
    Couple Questions...
    1.) I know there's a handful of CM9 themes out there. I'd like to start learning how to theme and I was wondering if the CM9 theme engine will be implemented in the next release... or if it's in there already how does one go about using it?
    2.) While CM9 is much more stable than AOKP I really miss the lockscreen customization, will lockscreen customization be built into the CM9 build eventually?

And finally this is just for reference for anyone wanting to know. If you add in the CM9 Reloaded thing it enables you to customize a bunch of stuff similar to AOKP on the CM9 build... kinda a best of both worlds.
    05-10-2012 12:57 PM
    There's a few mods over at xda in the optimus v theme and mods area where they got dsp manager and another one like called SRS working on CM9, all you have to do is remove a few files and flash a zip.
    Thank you, I'll check out SRS. Though I don't think I would need to remove any files since I already tried using MusixFX on CM9 and didn't get any equalizer presets. I'm hoping that means that directory is clean and just needs that simple flash without anything extra.

05-10-2012 01:05 PM
    Has anyone tried doing a dirty flash yet?
    That's exactly what I did and I am not having any reboots. I came from a9-MMS-Fix. OC'd at 787Max, 320Min using InteractiveX and checking "set at boot."

Rob
    05-10-2012 01:05 PM
    I wasn't able to get DSP Manager to work after installing it. Tried all of the methods (flash in CWM, ADB Push Command, Root Explorer) and still no luck. SRS Audio is a great alternative to DSP Manager once you patch it up with the lib files. It works with the stock music player.
    05-10-2012 01:40 PM
    So has anyone found the magic cure for reboots on AOKP?

I've tried several different governers and clock speeds and it's the same result. It's definitely not just an overclock issue because the majority of my reboots were at overclock of 600.
    05-10-2012 01:46 PM
    It looks like I finally fixed the phone in AOSP, so now I'm on to syncing up with the latest goodies from CM9, AOKP, and team HAL. This includes more accurate battery stats, adjusted low-memory-killer parameters (should help with FC's), possibly a working camcorder (not built-in, but with a market app), and the CM9 theme engine.
    05-10-2012 02:06 PM
    Awww yea, AOSP. Can't wait for that one.
    Teh_Gaberz and rebel69ization like this.
    05-10-2012 02:36 PM
    It looks like I finally fixed the phone in AOSP, so now I'm on to syncing up with the latest goodies from CM9, AOKP, and team HAL. This includes more accurate battery stats, adjusted low-memory-killer parameters (should help with FC's), possibly a working camcorder (not built-in, but with a market app), and the CM9 theme engine.
    You made my day once again

05-10-2012 02:38 PM
    So I just got around to trying out SRS Audio on AOKP, all I can say is WOW! Do I dare go back to GB, or will ICS just keep giving me more and more reasons to stick around?

05-10-2012 03:13 PM
    so AOSP is basically cm9+aokp+ Hal put together?
    05-10-2012 03:30 PM
    Hey all I'm on CM9 a10 and was also experiencing random reboots. A whole bunch during the day and I couldn't really pin down the cause. I saw this during some Market apps updates. Coming from a9 I previously...did full wipes and all the proper steps...

I removed SetCPU altogether (although I was not over 600 anyway).

I deleted vending.apk and phonesky.apk (with root explorer, backed up first of course). Then copied over a new version (tweaked) of vending.apk that I downloaded (renamed it phonesky.apk as that is ICS-specific) and placed it in /system/app and rebooted. I didn't install the apk...just a copy and paste and reboot. So far...no random reboots (going on 7 hours now!)

Not sure if this is a temporary fix. I don't want to send any of you guys off on any wacky tangents here either. Just want to share what seems to work for me. I was kinda getting the vibe that my reboots were Market related. Lookin' to give back if it can help anyone else...

PS: TDM is the man. Youtube fixed. Camera preview fixed. a10 is awesome...
    glarepate likes this.
    05-10-2012 03:44 PM
    so AOSP is basically cm9+aokp+ Hal put together?
    AOSP is vanilla, stock Android. Nothing more.

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk 2
    05-10-2012 04:27 PM
    AOSP is vanilla, stock Android. Nothing more.

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk 2
    but he said he was gonna add goodies to it :o
    05-10-2012 04:43 PM
    but he said he was gonna add goodies to it :o
    No, the goodies from team HAL are the camera/camcorder functions.

AOSP will remain AOSP.
    arnold1997 likes this.
    05-10-2012 04:47 PM

AOSP will remain AOSP.
    o OK lol
    05-10-2012 04:53 PM

AOSP will remain AOSP.
    So cm9 shall have camcorder!?!?!?!

Sent from your mom's phone.
    05-10-2012 05:11 PM
    Of you want goodies flash cm9 reloaded.
    05-10-2012 05:39 PM
    try... wireless tether version 2.07 it works fine for me on AOKP
    05-10-2012 05:44 PM
8,044 ... 164165166167168 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD