ARCHIVED: [ROM][ALPHA] quattrimus ICS

Status
Not open for further replies.

CuriousNoob

Banned
Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
Wtf are you complaining about? Read. That post was alpha. D:

Yes and everyone keeps reporting the same bugs. This isn't really supposed to be on our phones, but the devs are just smart as hell. Its Alpha, meaning of course there are bugs. No need to get all ' smart ' on me over a post.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

duke_4386

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ROM][ALPHA] quattrimus CM9 (ICS)

I used to get the same problem downloading new Market apps in GB when /cache was filled with the dalvik-cache.

What I did then was link the Market's download directory (in GB it was /cache/download) to /data/local/download. Market empties the directory each time it starts a new download, and with the dalvik-cache moved there was always plenty of space in /data, so it would never fill the partition and give me that error.

I really liked that solution to the "Insufficient Space" problem.

rukin5197

May 26, 2011
Visit site

Id like to know to. Could I just substitute files from framework on a different devices that has a flashable zip for this?

Not.. necessarily.
You decompile the framework-res.apk from this rom and go into res>values>bools.xml
Edit the line that says config_showNavigationBar and set it to say true, not false

NOTE: this is the part where I think it is fc'ing everything..
Open dimens.xml (same directory) and edit the line NavigationBarHeight and width (towards the top) to something that would work for our phones. The one that gave me the best results (looked like it belonged) was
38.0 and 32.0

Also note: decompiling/recompiling ICS apk's are VERY difficult. You're going to have to get past that of course :)

If you want to try mine out (what I have so far) download this apk: http://www.mediafire.com/?fdly8614o4wk41y
Change permissions to 644, and reboot.

If you want to go back to the way it was before this framework edit, just simply make a backup before putting in, or you can wipe cache, dalvik and reflash the same rom. Nbd

Reactions: CuriousNoob

rukin5197

May 26, 2011
Visit site

NOTE: I thought a lot of people knew this, but apparently not..

If you hold down the home button, there's that magical running apps list. Swipe left, swipe right. Magically disappear ;)

CuriousNoob

Banned
Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
Not.. necessarily.
You decompile the framework-res.apk from this rom and go into res>values>bools.xml
Edit the line that says config_showNavigationBar and set it to say true, not false

NOTE: this is the part where I think it is fc'ing everything..
Open dimens.xml (same directory) and edit the line NavigationBarHeight and width (towards the top) to something that would work for our phones. The one that gave me the best results (looked like it belonged) was
38.0 and 32.0

Also note: decompiling/recompiling ICS apk's are VERY difficult. You're going to have to get past that of course :)

If you want to try mine out (what I have so far) download this apk: http://www.mediafire.com/?fdly8614o4wk41y
Change permissions to 644, and reboot.

If you want to go back to the way it was before this framework edit, just simply make a backup before putting in, or you can wipe cache, dalvik and reflash the same rom. Nbd

Ill manage once I get on a computer. :p

ajones23

May 1, 2011
Visit site

Well yesterday was my second,flash for quattrimus. This time i made a backup,restored with no problems. Had a couple freezes but just little minors clitches. I have made calls sent txts surfed the web,and still have it on right now. For alpha its very STABLE,TDM thanks for all your hard work. Im gonna keep it on here for a couple of days.

rukin5197

May 26, 2011
Visit site
kinda bored and wanting that quick settings dongle in the status bar. Anybody wanting it? :)
56147c46-6a27-76e5.jpg

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire using Tapatalk

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
If I make a phone call and put the phone to my ear it'll turn the screen off but if I pull it away to look at the screen it'll come back on but won't turn back off when I put the phone back to my ear.

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk

Shade808

Aug 22, 2011
Visit site

kinda bored and wanting that quick settings dongle in the status bar. Anybody wanting it? :)
Click to view quoted image

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire using Tapatalk

Yes please! That looks pretty hot.

Link to the kernel, please? :)

Sent from my LG-VM670 running IHO MiRaGe using Tapatalk

I believe this is a link to the post that you're looking for.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/lg...ernel-gb-cm9-iscream-kernel-v01-ics-baby.html

The 9999999999 phone number is because mms doesn't work yet right?

Yeah, that's because of the MMS not working yet.

Last edited:

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
If I make a phone call and put the phone to my ear it'll turn the screen off but if I pull it away to look at the screen it'll come back on but won't turn back off when I put the phone back to my ear.

Is anyone else able to confirm this bug?

Shade808

Aug 22, 2011
Visit site

With this talk of flashing kernels, I was wondering if I would have to flash bobzhome kernel back in order to go back to IHO after using the Iscream kernel with Quattrimus? If restoring the backup alone wouldn't fix this, could anyone point me to where Icould download the Bobzhome kernel?

Status
Not open for further replies.