ARCHIVED: [ROM][ALPHA] quattrimus ICS

Status
Not open for further replies.

robwalters72

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
It was a no go. Swype is installed but not able to activate or use as a keyboard. I'm allowed the option of "checking" SWYPE in the language and input settings, but I don't know how to select with in a text field like the backside or default OS where you just long press within the field. I'm not trying to report a bug, I'm just curious if there's a step I'm not doing properly within the ICS rom as a whole. I check the swype, and then go to my SMS app and it's still the android keyboard because the long pressing within the text field doesn't do it. There isn't anything popping up in my notifications asking to enable SWYPE or anything either like someone said there should be. And then when I go back into the settings part the SWYPE box is unchecked again. Please don't think I'm posting a bug, just curious if anyone else has a solution or maybe the same problem and what I could do to fix it. Maybe I could do a dirty install over one of the older alpha's,

I just installed and got swype working on the AOKP rom. It did just like you said, it was installed but wouldn't select. One reboot of the phone allowed me to select it, but when I tested it, it was sized too big. I did another reboot and it was sized correctly and came right up when I selected the google search bar.

Hope this helps you. Let me know what happens.

Rob

Reactions: glarepate

Ilovefarts

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
Took me a while to realize the IME switcher in notification bar setting I disabled was for switching keyboards. No longer is it a long press to bring up the menu, but is selecting IME switchers from the notifcation bar. Perhaps you disabled the setting as I had mistakenly done?

Sorry if I sound like a noob(shhsssh I am), but what is an IME switcher?

Someone else was saying they got it installed on AOKP so I'll try that as well.

takehull

Hipster Retro Jelly Bean
Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Flashed 9 last night. Today at work, listening to podcasts through headphones, everytime I get a notification, the audio goes through the phones speaker for the duration of the notification.

This is something wrong with ICS in general. Happens on my GNexus all the time.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

strabo231

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
It was a no go. Swype is installed but not able to activate or use as a keyboard. I'm allowed the option of "checking" SWYPE in the language and input settings, but I don't know how to select with in a text field like the backside or default OS where you just long press within the field. I'm not trying to report a bug, I'm just curious if there's a step I'm not doing properly within the ICS rom as a whole. I check the swype, and then go to my SMS app and it's still the android keyboard because the long pressing within the text field doesn't do it. There isn't anything popping up in my notifications asking to enable SWYPE or anything either like someone said there should be. And then when I go back into the settings part the SWYPE box is unchecked again. Please don't think I'm posting a bug, just curious if anyone else has a solution or maybe the same problem and what I could do to fix it. Maybe I could do a dirty install over one of the older alpha's,

After you select swype in the settings, you need to go into your app drawer and open the swype installer. If you have it installed, when you open the installer you will see a screen that gives you the option to select and enable swype there as well. That should take care of it. There is a notification that appears during mms, email, etc. to allow you to temporarily change between keyboards, and the long press function will work at that point as well. You will still continue to have the problem until you make the selections through the installer app. If you don't see the app, open the .apk again and it should almost immediately open the screen I am talking about. I have used this on eseveral different roms froyo, ginger, and ICS.. it's been the same procedure for all, and all have worked great. Oh and don't move swype to your external!

Last edited:

KeviiinS

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
Hey @TDM!! When all this gets out if Beta or Alpha, will you make a CNA version?? Or @Gannon will do it?
I just think CNA will be great because of the battery life ':)

tdm

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
Hey @TDM!! When all this gets out if Beta or Alpha, will you make a CNA version?? Or @Gannon will do it?
I just think CNA will be great because of the battery life ':)

Not anytime soon. I've already got three builds (AOSP, CM9, AOKP) and four devices (VM670, LS670, MS690, VS660 .. IHO style) on the quattrimus in-progress list. After that there's an ics kernel to look into. And that's not even counting my galaxy player, which is lacking attention this week due to the big camera news. :p

chucksaysblah

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site
Not anytime soon. I've already got three builds (AOSP, CM9, AOKP) and four devices (VM670, LS670, MS690, VS660 .. IHO style) on the quattrimus in-progress list. After that there's an ics kernel to look into. And that's not even counting my galaxy player, which is lacking attention this week due to the big camera news. :p

TDM you are a champ for sure!

chucksaysblah

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site

tdm

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
Will this work on the lg optimus s? Or is that grouped in with another version of the optimus?

Yes, quattrimus will work on the OS just as well as ColdAsIce works on the OV. The only hardware difference is the buttons are swapped. However, there are potential issues with the baseband, 3G configuration, and MMS configuration.

It's much easier to run ColdAsIce, that is made for your phone and it already has the appropriate configs.

The OV users running ColdAsIce are just overly anxious. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.