ARCHIVED: [ROM][ALPHA] quattrimus ICS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Conrail16

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
How hard is it to make them? Or why can't they be made? Sorry for too many questions, I obviously took "No question is a stupid question" too seriously. Lol ;)

Basically, what you would have to do is guess what the libraries are doing (down to the most minute detail), and try to code that again from scratch. It's like trying to paint a perfect copy of a particular portrait, having only having ever heard (but never seen) what it looks like.

It's not impossible of course, but it's basically unfeasible for one person to do on their spare time.

If I'm understanding the situation correctly, we'll get camcorder working if either we can force Android to use the old libs, or code some sort of kludgy new implementation of the libraries that works well enough for our purposes. Neither is exactly an easy task

Last edited:

glarepate

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site
Question: Is there supposed to be adb support? I tried going into developor options>root access>apps and adb, but it didn't work. It continued to only say Root access for apps only.

I thought maybe it was only in AOKP that adb didn't work. And until I started seeing your posts I was wondering if my hardware was hosed!

But I installed the CM9 today and adb doesn't work in that either. And since it doesn't work on your phone I'm less worried about mine. :)

cole2kb

Retired Moderator
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
Those asking about the camcorder-

It is obviously fair to have questions, but if it was feasible to develop them, TDM wouldn't be saying it isn't. Some concessions should be expected when trying to run a version of Android that was not meant for our phone at all. Camcorder support or not, let's be happy that we are given what we have.

The devs are in their own way saving us money by pushing our phones to the limit and prolonging the life of our device.

I am not a developer so I can't say for sure, but I can make an educated assessment that if a phone similar to ours gains camera support through ICS it might be able to be tweaked for the OV, or if the manufacturer of the part of our device (be it LG, Quallcom, or whoever makes our camera) releases libraries for ICS, it's probably better not to count on it.

Sent from my VM670 that Tapatalk 2 thinks is an Optimus S. Holla!

Reactions: Teh_Gaberz

youarepoop

Feb 17, 2012
Visit site
I thought maybe it was only in AOKP that adb didn't work. And until I started seeing your posts I was wondering if my hardware was hosed!

But I installed the CM9 today and adb doesn't work in that either. And since it doesn't work on your phone I'm less worried about mine. :)

i did wireless adb on aokp 10 yesterday.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: glarepate

curtis1973

King Of Pants
Aug 7, 2011
Visit site
Basically, what you would have to do is guess what the libraries are doing (down to the most minute detail), and try to code that again from scratch. It's like trying to paint a perfect copy of a particular portrait, having only having ever heard (but never seen) what it looks like.

It's not impossible of course, but it's basically unfeasible for one person to do on their spare time.

If I'm understanding the situation correctly, we'll get camcorder working if either we can force Android to use the old libs, or code some sort of kludgy new implementation of the libraries that works well enough for our purposes. Neither is exactly an easy task

or maybe just use a set of camera/camcorder apps that are open source to completely replace what you don't have? or this not an app issue but more something that any app would need in order to even run? sort of like a browser needing gif libraries in order to even display one. i think i understand but think im off track also.

cole2kb

Retired Moderator
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
or maybe just use a set of camera/camcorder apps that are open source to completely replace what you don't have? or this not an app issue but more something that any app would need in order to even run? sort of like a browser needing gif libraries in order to even display one. i think i understand but think im off track also.

Yep, you basically answered your own question. Not near as simple as an app. :thumbup:

Reactions: curtis1973

Ryuk6666

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
Quick question. A bit off topic but will zefies xionia recovery flash this? And does someone know where the touch recovery is? I can't find the thread its located in... Link would be great if you have it. Or PM it to me so we don't continue to cludder the thread. Sorry for the intrusion tdm.... Just lost at the moment... :/

Sent from my Cybertronian QuattrOV using Tapatalk 2000 (Now With Teleka-Typing!!!!)

drm1992

Aug 3, 2011
Visit site
Quick question. A bit off topic but will zefies xionia recovery flash this? And does someone know where the touch recovery is? I can't find the thread its located in... Link would be great if you have it. Or PM it to me so we don't continue to cludder the thread. Sorry for the intrusion tdm.... Just lost at the moment... :/

Sent from my Cybertronian QuattrOV using Tapatalk 2000 (Now With Teleka-Typing!!!!)

Touch recovery
http://forums.androidcentral.com/op...ery-cwmt-recovery-5-0-2-7-th7-t-touch-ov.html

Reactions: Ryuk6666

grosskum

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site
Having problems with flashing. I recently went back to IHO after being here for a while. But since I decided to come back to this it refuses to flash, I thought it was just the download but I tried an older alpha that i know I have flashed before and got the same result, install aborted. not sure of exactly what the error said. I tried clearing/formatting everything and just upgrading from IHO. previously I would just update because everything was kept and was just easier but for some reason neither is working. Will this not work with certain recoveries because I have switched in the time between flashes? Am using the new recovery that is with IHO, forgot the name of it, green recovery or something like that.

HurrrDurrrDURP

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
Yep, you basically answered your own question. Not near as simple as an app. :thumbup:

Cant we use modified version of a Linux lib? I'm sure using the generics for the cheese webcam applications would do?

We just download the source and compile for ARM6

Reactions: KeviiinS
Status
Not open for further replies.