07-05-2012 01:33 AM
8,044 ... 176177178179180 ...
tools
    Once my battery is back up to full charge I will re-install CM9. I think I will also try following the thread for Link2SD with a full wipe, including re-formatting my sd card (after backing it up to a PC, maybe twice)
    I wasn't aware that Link2SD had an update, that is probably what happened.
    05-14-2012 12:15 PM
    Whenever the camera tells u that click on wait instead of fc. It will start working right away after. It worked for me when I was on aokp 10 pre 1

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk
    AOSP, not AOKP. Camera wasn't working for me on either pre1 or pre2.

Sent from my LG-VM670 running IHO MiRaGe using Tapatalk
    05-14-2012 12:28 PM
    I'm considering switching to CM9, because I miss all the extras that I got used to in CM7. I'll give AOSP a couple days, though.
    05-14-2012 12:37 PM
    im in rom aokp alpha 10 with darktremor a2sd script. overclock at 480-768 scary.
    a few reboot when using battery saver, no big deal.
    anything else just smooth and worked as op said. especially like the navigation bar.

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk
    05-14-2012 12:50 PM
    The only thing that I can click on in the popup is OK.
    Pretty weird try stopping the app and go back into it. Worth a shot.

05-14-2012 12:53 PM
    Pretty weird try stopping the app and go back into it. Worth a shot.

He's on AOSP, not AOKP.. I just pointed this out. If he wants a working camera, he'll need to flash CM9 or AOKP. Even CAI has a working camera.

drm1992 likes this.
    05-14-2012 01:14 PM
    Also, none of my apps are showing root access. Is this a bug or something that I'm doing wrong?
    05-14-2012 01:26 PM
    Also, none of my apps are showing root access. Is this a bug or something that I'm doing wrong?
    On cm9 that's an option under development settings. Disabled by default
    05-14-2012 01:30 PM
    Same thing happened to me... I noticed it happened right after I updated the Link2SD app in the market and restarted the phone. Everything was broken- even the dialer and contacts. I am in the middle of a restore of an old backup then I will take everything off the sd card wipe the sdcard and 2nd partition and restart... It has to have something to do with that app relinking everything in an incorrect way.
    TDM suggested NOT using link2sd as the ROM already puts apps on the sd-ext formatted ext3 or ext4. Link2sd and similiar apps will have conflicts with the ROM due to file placement in different directories. Search this thread for link2sd to see the full explanation..
    05-14-2012 01:38 PM
    TDM suggested NOT using link2sd as the ROM already puts apps on the sd-ext (which needs to be formatted ext4 I think). Link2sd and similiar apps will have conflicts with the ROM due to file placement in different directories. Search this thread for link2sd to see the full explanation..
    I'm using ext2 and it works fine.

05-14-2012 02:03 PM
    I'm considering switching to CM9, because I miss all the extras that I got used to in CM7. I'll give AOSP a couple days, though.
    You want to use AOKP then. CM9 has far, far, less features than CM7.
    05-14-2012 02:11 PM
    You want to use AOKP then. CM9 has far, far, less features than CM7.
    CM9 + Reloaded ICS + SRS Audio

Another great alternative

Teh_Gaberz and TauSigmaNova like this.
    05-14-2012 02:21 PM
    Been on AOKP for a while now. It's so nice, ICS in general is just fantastic, but the ONE thing that makes me want to go back to Gingerbread is being able to "hammer" my phone, really put it through some hell as far as the load it could handle (jesus, that was filthy. ) Like, for example, setting up a fresh Gingerbread install, I would just hammer through the Market and install around 10-15 apps one right after the other. Running ICS, the Market usually crashes if I have more than one install going at once.

Minor complaint, I don't expect it to get fixed, everything else is pretty smooth.
    Garymeister and TauSigmaNova like this.
    05-14-2012 03:01 PM
    I use the srs with 4.0 ics music its great
    05-14-2012 03:16 PM
    Question I did not see on the threads what is the difference between the three ROMs on the first post?
    Oh really?
    That's really funny since, Oh, I don't know, like, AT LEAST 5 people have asked that and at least 10, including myself have answered that?
    drm1992 likes this.
    05-14-2012 03:41 PM
    I upgraded to Pre-Alpha 10 (CM9) today. It's working much, much better than Alpha 9, so excellent work as always, TDM! (I know I'm new here, but I've been following the thread and running this ROM since a few weeks ago.)

Anyway, besides the issues everybody already knows about, my new Square credit card reader isn't working. Does anybody else happen to have one of these Square readers? If so, does yours work?

I did some Googling, and people say it does work on the Optimus V, but some people also said it might not work on all ROMs. It's certainly no high priority, but I'm just curious if anybody else can relate.
    Square Up reader... I have been keeping track of this ROM as earlier alpha versions have been working with the Square. I just checked CM9 alpha pre1 and it does not work for me either (I was waiting for a non-pre version to test). I reinstalled quattrimus-vm670-aokp-alpha9-MMS-Fix and Square does work in it and Alpha 8 aokp. While I am waiting for quattrimus to get to beta, I am using BumbleBee Froyo overclocked update_bb_rom_2.4 as Square works very well.
    05-14-2012 04:33 PM
    So, is there a fix for the clock drifting yet, besides using third party apps?
    05-14-2012 04:46 PM
    Square Up reader... I have been keeping track of this ROM as earlier alpha versions have been working with the Square. I just checked CM9 alpha pre1 and it does not work for me either (I was waiting for a non-pre version to test). I reinstalled quattrimus-vm670-aokp-alpha9-MMS-Fix and Square does work in it and Alpha 8 aokp. While I am waiting for quattrimus to get to beta, I am using BumbleBee Froyo overclocked update_bb_rom_2.4 as Square works very well.
    I am currently on cm9 10.1 pre, and the card reader works great. There are a few roms that it won't work on. I know I was using Harmonia prior to cm9, and never did get it to work. I
    05-14-2012 04:52 PM
    awesome work on this. It's blazing fast, I'm running at 806mhz on the "performance" governor and havent had a random reboot yet.

the clock does seem to crash about every five minutes, tho.

I'm also wondering if there is an option to hide the status bar and/or make the dock icons smaller.

the screen is super small, and these features are part of what made cm7 so attractive.

keep up the good work!
    tdm likes this.
    05-14-2012 04:54 PM
    TDM...

In the CM9 alpha10 pre1, the Square program installs and opens correctly and even connects to the website correctly. Once the reader is plugged in, a popup starts saying to "Please Retry Swipe Quickly" which is the same problem IHO has had ever since the beginning of this year. On your ROM, the popup only comes up every 15 to 20 seconds instead of over and over as in IHO. Also in IHO, the icon for the reader on center left screen that has a hash mark in it before the reader is connected turns red once the reader is connected where your ROM doesn't, it just disappears as it is supposed to. Square has been working correctly in CM9 alpha 7, aokp alpha 8 and aokp alpha 9. I just installed aokp alpha10 pre1 and Square does work in it either. Hopefully you will address the problem unlike IHO.

edit: Also I noticed while the reader is plugged into the headphone jack, the phone does not ring and the external speaker does not make any sounds.

Thanks,
    Germitty
    bhasden likes this.
    05-14-2012 05:09 PM
    Sorry if this has been addressed before but I can't search. Is there a way to get the voice icon back in the stock keyboard I tried enabling it in the settings but it has no effect.

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk 2
    05-14-2012 05:37 PM
    I am currently on cm9 10.1 pre, and the card reader works great. There are a few roms that it won't work on. I know I was using Harmonia prior to cm9, and never did get it to work. I
    I just did an overly clean wipe and reinstalled quattrimus-vm670-cm9-alpha10pre1. All I did then is log in to gmail and installed the square up app from market instead of from titanium backup as usual. Square still would not work, no vibration in the reader when swiping a card and did get the popup saying to "Please Retry Swipe Quickly".
    lattimorej1986 likes this.
    05-14-2012 05:40 PM
    In the CM9 alpha10 pre1, the Square program installs and opens correctly and even connects to the website correctly. Once the reader is plugged in, a popup starts saying to "Please Retry Swipe Quickly" which is the same problem IHO has had ever since the beginning of this year. On your ROM, the popup only comes up every 15 to 20 seconds instead of over and over as in IHO. Also in IHO, the icon for the reader on center left screen that has a hash mark in it before the reader is connected turns red once the reader is connected where your ROM doesn't, it just disappears as it is supposed to. Square has been working correctly in CM9 alpha 7, aokp alpha 8 and aokp alpha 9. I just installed aokp alpha10 pre1 and Square does work in it either. Hopefully you will address the problem unlike IHO.

edit: Also I noticed while the reader is plugged into the headphone jack, the phone does not ring and the external speaker does not make any sounds.
    This describes exactly what I'm experiencing. Everything appears to be fine, but I get zero feedback when trying to swipe a card. Every 5 to 10 seconds, it pops up the retry dialog, but it seems to have nothing to do with me actually swiping the card.

Also, the phone treats it like headphones, so my media stops playing when I unplug it, etc. I'm not sure if that's just how it is because we're using a headphone jack for something it wasn't meant to be used for, or if it's fixable, though.
    05-14-2012 06:42 PM
    This describes exactly what I'm experiencing. Everything appears to be fine, but I get zero feedback when trying to swipe a card. Every 5 to 10 seconds, it pops up the retry dialog, but it seems to have nothing to do with me actually swiping the card.

Also, the phone treats it like headphones, so my media stops playing when I unplug it, etc. I'm not sure if that's just how it is because we're using a headphone jack for something it wasn't meant to be used for, or if it's fixable, though.
    logcat?

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2
    05-14-2012 06:46 PM
    logcat?

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2
    Which rom are you guys using? I'm pretty sure it didn't work with previous versions, but I get full function from it with cm9 10pre1. One thing I did notice is that it trends to act up on external storage, so if that's where you have it try moving it to internal

Sent from my VM670 using Android Central Forums
    05-14-2012 07:02 PM
8,044 ... 176177178179180 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD