07-05-2012 12:33 AM
8,044 ... 178179180181182 ...
tools
    My wife sent me an mms today and I was unable to retrieve it with either cm9 or aokp. How is it that you guys are getting it to work?

I'll be investigating that over the next couple days...
    05-14-2012 10:04 PM
    This is not the built-in MMS app, it's GoSMS, right?

Is anyone receiving MMS with the built-in MMS app on a10pre1?
    05-14-2012 10:15 PM
    Yes I can receive mms, let me test it out now, will report back

Edit: yes I can receive mms, it only took less then 30 sec , currently on cm9 A10 since it came out and yes I am using the stock mms app, I've add this http://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?t=171893
    thanks tdm for this awesome rom!!

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums
    tdm likes this.
    05-14-2012 10:19 PM
    My wife sent me an mms today and I was unable to retrieve it with either cm9 or aokp. How is it that you guys are getting it to work?

i use aokp and have recieved mms with no problems i use the built in mms app
    tdm likes this.
    05-14-2012 10:29 PM
    Are all three of you using kernals other than TDM's? That's the only difference I see in our phones. I used TIBU and did move square to my external. It has worked with no problem with 10pre1. I might be reading it wrong, but from that logcat, it appears as though the card reader is functioning properly, but for some reason the audio on the phone is overriding the mic from in to out, which is blocking transmission from the card reader to the phone. Kernals are a little over my head though, so I wouldn't know for sure if it's possible that the kernal could be causing the issue or not. I did a clean install of cm9, downloaded square from the market, and that's it. The only thing I've changed on the ROM was replaced the audio with srs panel.
    When I saw Compeek's post about square not working, I started checking since I hadn't checked square on any alpha 10s. I did load quattrimus-vm670-cm9-alpha10pre1 last night to check out what others were saying about ics reloaded. I did a clean wipe and flashed quattrimus-vm670-cm9-alpha10pre1 and ics reloaded. My normal procedure is to then install titanium backup and restore several apps including square. Since bluetooth for phone still doesn't work, I did a nandroid backup of CM9 before going back to Bumblebee. Thus today I restored yesterday's quattrimus-vm670-cm9-alpha10pre1 and square didn't work. I then did a complete wipe and installed quattrimus-vm670-aokp-alpha10pre1. I used titanium backup to restore square only and square still did not work. I then did a complete wipe again, installed quattrimus-vm670-aokp-alpha9-MMS-Fix and restored square through titanium. Square worked with no problems, I repeated the procedure installing quattrimus-vm670-aokp-alpha8-MMS-3G-Fix (with superuser patch) and again square worked fine. Lastly I repeated the complete wipe and installed quattrimus-vm670-cm9-alpha10pre1. I logged into gmail and used market to download the square app and square still didn't work. If square had worked, I was going to flash ics reloaded and test again. If it still worked, then I was going to restore square through titanium and test again.

I tried starting the square app with the reader already plugged in (which you have to do with IHO before the beginning of this year) and without being plugged in when starting with the same results. When the reader is plugged in, the icon with the hash marked disappears and no red icon is there (as in IHO ROMs). Before the card is swiped, the "Please Retry Try Quickly" popup appears every ten seconds or so. If I swipe the card then or even before it has a chance to pop up, there is no feedback from the reader. I have been using square daily since last fall, so I know what it is supposed to do. This is why I have been following quattrimus since square has been working up through alpha9.
    bhasden likes this.
    05-14-2012 10:30 PM
    I am running the latest AOKP and receiving MMS just fine without the GoSMS fix.
    andrewnelson23 and tdm like this.
    05-14-2012 10:32 PM
    This is not the built-in MMS app, it's GoSMS, right?

Is anyone receiving MMS with the built-in MMS app on a10pre1?
    I think its just you have this problem tdm... I get and send MMS without any problems. Alpha10pre1 CM9
    05-14-2012 10:48 PM
    I can only send/receive MMS on AOKP a10pre1, but not on CM9. I haven't tried it on AOSP.

Sent from my LG-VM670 running IHO MiRaGe using Tapatalk
    05-14-2012 10:52 PM
    I can only send/receive MMS on AOKP a10pre1, but not on CM9. I haven't tried it on AOSP.

Sent from my LG-VM670 running IHO MiRaGe using Tapatalk
    Looks like their are inconsistencies between installs :s
    05-14-2012 10:53 PM
    Looks like their are inconsistencies between installs :s
    Eh, happens :P

Only really big issue with any of the releases in the ROM is the FC

That's it.
    Otherwise, i love it.
    05-14-2012 10:58 PM

Its probly your area it works great here downloads and sends perfectly awesome rom
    Tdm only problem I found is YouTube force closing
    Sent from my VM670 using Xparent ICS Blue Tapatalk 2
    05-14-2012 11:05 PM
    MMS on AOKP working fine so far.
    05-14-2012 11:10 PM
    Is anyone else having the play store crash frequently?

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk 2
    drm1992 likes this.
    05-14-2012 11:46 PM
    Can someone tell the difference between the new governors?
    05-14-2012 11:55 PM
    Can someone tell the difference between the new governors?
    [Q] SetCPU governors (explained) - xda-developers
    05-15-2012 12:06 AM
    What about msm7k, or scary
    05-15-2012 12:12 AM
    Is anyone else having the play store crash frequently?

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk 2
    Open up root explore and go to system/build.prop and edit ro.build.model: VM670 TO LG-VM670 save and exit. wipe data off play store.
    sdxben likes this.
    05-15-2012 12:12 AM
    What about msm7k, or scary
    On cm9 i left it msm7k which was set standard, oc'd to 787 max 480 min. I had a single reboot in the whole week it was used.

Sent from your mom's phone.
    05-15-2012 12:34 AM
    Two things here...

The first is I have been able to receive sms/mms through stock with cm9 10pre1... noticed this almost immediately after flashing it. I also use go sms, but I tested stock messenging successfully before installing it.

Second, if someone else reading these posts about square card reader has any input on the situation it would really be appreciated. I have it fully operational on cm9 10pre1, but I'm not sure what I should be looking for if anything to share with everyone else to get it working. Is it just one of those things where it's hit and miss on our phones?...or is there something I can look for on my phone to point out to everyone to get it working for them also?
    05-15-2012 01:18 AM
    When I saw Compeek's post about square not working, I started checking since I hadn't checked square on any alpha 10s. I did load quattrimus-vm670-cm9-alpha10pre1 last night to check out what others were saying about ics reloaded. I did a clean wipe and flashed quattrimus-vm670-cm9-alpha10pre1 and ics reloaded. My normal procedure is to then install titanium backup and restore several apps including square. Since bluetooth for phone still doesn't work, I did a nandroid backup of CM9 before going back to Bumblebee. Thus today I restored yesterday's quattrimus-vm670-cm9-alpha10pre1 and square didn't work. I then did a complete wipe and installed quattrimus-vm670-aokp-alpha10pre1. I used titanium backup to restore square only and square still did not work. I then did a complete wipe again, installed quattrimus-vm670-aokp-alpha9-MMS-Fix and restored square through titanium. Square worked with no problems, I repeated the procedure installing quattrimus-vm670-aokp-alpha8-MMS-3G-Fix (with superuser patch) and again square worked fine. Lastly I repeated the complete wipe and installed quattrimus-vm670-cm9-alpha10pre1. I logged into gmail and used market to download the square app and square still didn't work. If square had worked, I was going to flash ics reloaded and test again. If it still worked, then I was going to restore square through titanium and test again.

I tried starting the square app with the reader already plugged in (which you have to do with IHO before the beginning of this year) and without being plugged in when starting with the same results. When the reader is plugged in, the icon with the hash marked disappears and no red icon is there (as in IHO ROMs). Before the card is swiped, the "Please Retry Try Quickly" popup appears every ten seconds or so. If I swipe the card then or even before it has a chance to pop up, there is no feedback from the reader. I have been using square daily since last fall, so I know what it is supposed to do. This is why I have been following quattrimus since square has been working up through alpha9.
    May have missed this but did you try a titanium restore, app only, with cm9? I noticed you said you had with aokp. Wish I knew how to really investigate what the deal with my phone was to maybe point out a fix to you guys, or if there even was anything to look for. The more I thought about it, I do remember that it didn't work for me on cm9 alpha 9, and then on 10pre1 I seem to remember not being able to get it from the market, so i ended up doing an app only restore with titanium, and haven't had any problems out of it. The only things I've changed on the rom were overclocking a little, and adding in the SRS panel.
    05-15-2012 01:24 AM
    Aokp has been my daily for 3days I'm loving it thanks tdm

Sent from my VM670 using Android Central Forums
    tdm likes this.
    05-15-2012 01:44 AM
    Aokp is my daily and I use the built in mms and it works. This rom is great I've only had 2 reboots in 5 days. That only happened when I changed my governor. Its stable with msm7k min 320 max 806

sent from my device using XPB ICS Tapatalk 2
    tdm likes this.
    05-15-2012 03:56 AM
    I'm on CM9/Alpha10/Pre1. I searched and couldn't find anything, so sorry if this has been asked.

Does anyone frequently get "Package File is Invalid" when installing apps from the Play Store? I've been getting it on each build and avoided it on this current one, but I am getting it not and it is happening more frequently as time goes on. Is there a fix for this?
    05-15-2012 07:23 AM
    I'm on CM9/Alpha10/Pre1. I searched and couldn't find anything, so sorry if this has been asked.

Does anyone frequently get "Package File is Invalid" when installing apps from the Play Store? I've been getting it on each build and avoided it on this current one, but I am getting it not and it is happening more frequently as time goes on. Is there a fix for this?
    There is currently no known fix yet but its a problem on all Roms. Just hang tight until then. If you really want an app, just restore your stock nand backup, download the app you want, backup the new app using titanium, and then restore your rom and titanium restore the app. Its a long process but it works.

Sent from my Cybertronian QuattrOV using Tapatalk 2000 (Now With Teleka-Typing!!!!)
    05-15-2012 09:07 AM
    There is currently no known fix yet but its a problem on all Roms. Just hang tight until then. If you really want an app, just restore your stock nand backup, download the app you want, backup the new app using titanium, and then restore your rom and titanium restore the app. Its a long process but it works.

Sent from my Cybertronian QuattrOV using Tapatalk 2000 (Now With Teleka-Typing!!!!)
    or just find the apk online somewhere(search for the latest version on google. most apk's are online somewhere), dl it, and install. much quicker and pain free.
    05-15-2012 09:44 AM
8,044 ... 178179180181182 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD