07-05-2012 12:33 AM
8,044 ... 181182183184185 ...
tools
    Okay, i used GingerBreak before. When i rooted my phone the first time it never said "checking for supueruser..............." then the root screen already has the "UnRoot" option highlighted. Unlike before it never said "checking for superuser" and it rooted my phone in like 3 minutes. Now it just takes forever, "Loading" but nothing happens. What else can i do.. Please tell me theirs still hope for me. Just got this phone.. Maybe it's just my SuperUser app.. Seeing as its granting no permissions..
    05-16-2012 04:09 AM
    Okay, i used GingerBreak before. When i rooted my phone the first time it never said "checking for supueruser..............." then the root screen already has the "UnRoot" option highlighted. Unlike before it never said "checking for superuser" and it rooted my phone in like 3 minutes. Now it just takes forever, "Loading" but nothing happens. What else can i do.. Please tell me theirs still hope for me. Just got this phone.. Maybe it's just my SuperUser app.. Seeing as its granting no permissions..
    As another person posted, ROM manager DOES NOT work well with OV's.
    I've been using this ROM since alpha 7 and I never had problems like you're having now.

Sent from my LG-VM670
    05-16-2012 05:00 AM
    Nothing. It was working properly until i went into my ROM manager and it told me to update so i did and now i can't do nothing. My superuser isn't even linked to "Grant permissions" and when i'm in recovery i can't select anything. Forced to do constant battery pulls. Though for doing DAYS of research i'm guessing that the ClockWorkMod Recovery installed on my phone at the current moment isn't supported but i can't flash over to older recovieries. I'm starting to believe that this ROM also un-rooted my phone.. I KNOW i didn't do anything wrong i've watched countless videos on how to do this.
    Well you shouldn't be using ROM Manager to begin with had you done proper research beforehand. Try reading about your specific device instead of watching videos. There's much more information to be found than what's on YouTube. Every device is specific no matter how many times you've done it otherwise.

And it's bad nature to blame the ROM for your recovery blunders. I bite my thumb at you. Plus, it doesn't unroot your device, so you've done something wrong there as well.

Also, saying you didn't do anything wrong doesn't make you any less at fault.

You'll have to read up one of the stickied threads [surprise surprise why am I saying this] to pull you out of this jam, so there is hope.
    mlson, thewraith420 and Raul720 like this.
    05-16-2012 05:40 AM
    Yeah, you really shouldn't be using ROM Manager for anything, because it puts you at a greater risk of bricking your phone. The only time I really used ROM Manager was to flash CWM Recovery for the first time. Haven't used it since.
    05-16-2012 06:55 AM
    Yeah, you really shouldn't be using ROM Manager for anything, because it puts you at a greater risk of bricking your phone. The only time I really used ROM Manager was to flash CWM Recovery for the first time. Haven't used it since.
    Flashing the recovery with rom manager back in the day was fine but now the version that gets pushed to your phone will not work with the OVs with the new screen. Its really simple to use flash_image or flashimage GUI, to put on bonzhomes iho reccovery, and that is a fail safe recovery regardless of what screen you have.

sent from my Nokia 5110
    05-16-2012 08:07 AM
    I use it for backups and fixing permissions, no problems whatsoever.

Sent from my VM670 using Xparent ICS Blue Tapatalk 2
    droiddekka and LeoLawliet like this.
    05-16-2012 08:37 AM
    Well you shouldn't be using ROM Manager to begin with had you done proper research beforehand. Try reading about your specific device instead of watching videos. There's much more information to be found than what's on YouTube. Every device is specific no matter how many times you've done it otherwise.

And it's bad nature to blame the ROM for your recovery blunders. I bite my thumb at you. Plus, it doesn't unroot your device, so you've done something wrong there as well.

Also, saying you didn't do anything wrong doesn't make you any less at fault.

You'll have to read up one of the stickied threads [surprise surprise why am I saying this] to pull you out of this jam, so there is hope.
    i wasn't blaiming the ROM? i was just saying it sucks. Everything force closes, i can barely use the market, i can't even turn my phone off with the power button. I said it sucks because of all the bugs and what not. I just need help, reading "stickies" doesn't do anything. I Get absolutely nowhere i've been trying to flash back too my stock rom for about 4 days now, or anyother ROM like ICS just without all the bugs. I Like this one dont get me wrong, but the force closing gets really old.
    05-16-2012 08:46 AM
    Flashing the recovery with rom manager back in the day was fine but now the version that gets pushed to your phone will not work with the OVs with the new screen. Its really simple to use flash_image or flashimage GUI, to put on bonzhomes iho reccovery, and that is a fail safe recovery regardless of what screen you have.

sent from my Nokia 5110
    ...Well how do i get the flash_image? I need an easier way to ROOT my phone again too.. Gingerbreak just doesn't work anymore. Probably because i run this ROM which is ICS 4.0.4 i believe.
    05-16-2012 08:48 AM
    ...Well how do i get the flash_image? I need an easier way to ROOT my phone again too.. Gingerbreak just doesn't work anymore. Probably because i run this ROM which is ICS 4.0.4 i believe.
    Flash image won't root. But you can use it to flash recovery after you root

sent from my Nokia 5110
    05-16-2012 08:55 AM
    Flash image won't root. But you can use it to flash recovery after you root

sent from my Nokia 5110
    Okay, so now i have too just find a good thing to use too root my phone then i should be good to go if i do the flash image? Sorry, i'm sorta a noob.
    05-16-2012 09:10 AM
    Okay, so now i have too just find a good thing to use too root my phone then i should be good to go if i do the flash image? Sorry, i'm sorta a noob.
    Even though you're "so sure" it won't help, you really should read the stickies. They have all the information you need already, step by step.

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk 2
    mlson likes this.
    05-16-2012 09:16 AM
    Even though you're "so sure" it won't help, you really should read the stickies. They have all the information you need already, step by step.

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk 2
    Point me in that direction then please? I don't know what to do. If your talking about these:

http://forums.androidcentral.com/opt...ustom-rom.html

_________

http://forums.androidcentral.com/opt...tart-here.html

^ they don't work for my phone. I can't use Gingerbreak to root my phone!
    05-16-2012 09:22 AM

sent from my Nokia 5110
    That's another reason I don't mess with ROM Manager anymore.
    05-16-2012 10:14 AM
    i wasn't blaiming the ROM? i was just saying it sucks. Everything force closes, i can barely use the market, i can't even turn my phone off with the power button. I said it sucks because of all the bugs and what not. I just need help, reading "stickies" doesn't do anything. I Get absolutely nowhere i've been trying to flash back too my stock rom for about 4 days now, or anyother ROM like ICS just without all the bugs. I Like this one dont get me wrong, but the force closing gets really old.
    You used rom manager, that's what you did wrong.
    This is an alpha build, if you don't know what you're doing you shouldn't be flashing this ROM.
    mlson likes this.
    05-16-2012 10:27 AM
    You guys are being ignorant.. Thanks for your "help"
    I hope your getting the help you need. We have a lot of helpful people here in the forums and they can help point you in the correct direction. As they have mentioned, as helpful as You Tube video's are sometimes you also have to really dig in deep and read the stickies and other guides. Things change, get updated, etc quite often and procedures change and the outcomes too.

@all who have helped, thank you.

Those who have made poor comments, shame on you for treating a members in "panic" mode as we all have been at one time or another improperly.

Have a good day.
    cbucz24, tdm, robwalters72 and 6 others like this.
    05-16-2012 11:26 AM
    Point me in that direction then please? I don't know what to do. If your talking about these:

http://forums.androidcentral.com/opt...ustom-rom.html
    First... Take a few big, calming breaths. I know a borked phone is really frustrating. Next, read Leslie's guide in the link below. There is a lot of information and a lot of links within the information to MORE information. I don't know just what ROM manager has done to your phone as I have never used it, so I can't be much help on the details of fixing your phone.

The biggest piece of advice I can give you is to READ, READ, READ before you make any major change to your phone. Don't stop at the original post. Look further in to see what problems other users have faced and how they were fixed. Take notes. Make a checklist of the steps you will be taking so you don't forget something.

Can you provide us with some details of what you do have working? Does your recovery work? Do you have a back-up you can revert to? Does your current ROM boot? Do you have ADB access from a PC? The more detail you can provide, the better service you -should- expect.

And one last thing - If you have something negative to share, share the FACTS only - no negative opinions. To say that anything sucks on here is not constructive and gives us NO clue as to what is not working.

Best of luck!!

http://forums.androidcentral.com/opt...tart-here.html
    mlson and jubalmj like this.
    05-16-2012 11:48 AM
    This rom doesn't suck tdm is doing a great job maybe just maybe u shouldn't of use from manager no u didn't read his op so don't disrespect the rom its your fault for not reading info on what you do but anyways best thing you can do is return to stock to fix all your problems or load a recovery backup

bhasden and mlson like this.
    05-16-2012 11:55 AM
    This rom doesn't suck tdm is doing a great job maybe just maybe u shouldn't of use from manager no u didn't read his op so don't disrespect the rom its your fault for not reading info on what you do but anyways best thing you can do is return to stock to fix all your problems or load a recovery backup

I already addressed this situation a couple post up. I do believe the member realizes they did something wrong and has gone into "panic" mode as we all do.

I'm sure tdm and other devs has seen these types of posts before and doesn't take it personally.

No need to carry this onward any further.

Thank you.
    Garymeister and bbrowe like this.
    05-16-2012 12:01 PM
    I use it for backups and fixing permissions, no problems whatsoever.

Likewise, those are the only features I ever use. Never once got a brick from it

Sent from my LG-VM670 running IHO MiRaGe using Tapatalk
    05-16-2012 12:08 PM
    I already addressed this situation a couple post up. I do believe the member realizes they did something wrong and has gone into "panic" mode as we all do.

I'm sure tdm and other devs has seen these types of posts before and doesn't take it personally.

No need to carry this onward any further.

Thank you.
    It's too bad that there are people on tapatalk that don't realize you are a moderator and aren't listening to you.

Sent from my LG-VM670
    n00bdud3 and tvall like this.
    05-16-2012 12:19 PM
    It's too bad that there are people on tapatalk that don't realize you are a moderator and aren't listening to you.

Sent from my LG-VM670
    +1 on that.. Maybe this is something that should be suggested to Tapatalk for future update.

Carry on.

Paul627g
    Moderator.
    Tejer likes this.
    05-16-2012 12:26 PM
    +1 on that.. Maybe this is something that should be suggested to Tapatalk for future update.

Carry on.

Paul627g
    Moderator.
    And a "like" button.
    Compeek and LeoLawliet like this.
    05-16-2012 12:40 PM
    And a "like" button.
    Not to ramble off topic here, but I believe this is not a Tapatalk issue. I think this is due to VBulletin that AC runs on, it doesn't support the "Like" feature for Tapatalk.
    tdm and flapjack.fiasco like this.
    05-16-2012 12:45 PM
    I've been using it for awhile on cm7, they just added cm9 support in the last update, I used it then too. I love it, it keeps my internal memory completely free.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Xparent Purple Tapatalk 2
    05-16-2012 12:52 PM
    My first post here. I have my brother and 2 friends who have OV, and I always use my brother's phone as a guinea pig, and so far I gotta say these ROMs are pretty awesome for an Alpha build. I set him up using the AOKP build and it's really smooth. Obviously there are a few bugs here and there.

The dialer had some issues, so I just replaced that with exDialer and a nice ICS theme.

Getting the CPU and gov. settings tweaked was difficult, but I have it running fairly stable at 320mhz - 729mhz and interactive. It does have its days where it just randomly reboots without warning or error, but I know that's a bug issue.

I turned it into a nice daily driver for him. Looking forward to the updates, and thank you for all your hard work Devs!
    tdm likes this.
    05-16-2012 02:37 PM
8,044 ... 181182183184185 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD