07-05-2012 12:33 AM
8,044 ... 188189190191192 ...
tools
    Are you using green recovery?

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk
    I'm using touch recovery...says something about could not find the file. I'm back on my backside can't really remember
    05-20-2012 08:53 PM
    if you format the SD card in the recovery, you can set up the correct partitions. then let the rom do the rest.
    obviously you should back up everything to your computer first! otherwise it will be gone.
    I've been using link2sd for over a year so I want sure if it's automatic or manual.
    05-20-2012 08:59 PM
    Can someone direct me to the thread that shows you how to set up an sd-ext partition on my sdcard? Also which ext will work with quattrimus? Ext3 or ext4? Thanks

Sent from my Cybertronian QuattrOV using Tapatalk 2000 (Now With Teleka-Typing!!!!)
    05-20-2012 09:19 PM
    delete link2sd. move all apps from data/app to sd-ext/app. make sure data/app nothing in it. reboot let rom do the rest.

tdm and benslgdroid like this.
    05-20-2012 09:24 PM
    Can someone direct me to the dsp manager for cm9?

Sent from my VM670 using Android Central Forums
    05-20-2012 09:39 PM
    Try this, it's like dsp.
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=25283403

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus (not really) using Tapatalk 2
    joey92 likes this.
    05-20-2012 09:51 PM
    Try this, it's like dsp.
    [MOD] SRS Audio Effects | True Bass (CM9) - xda-developers

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus (not really) using Tapatalk 2
    It's actually even better.
    05-20-2012 10:42 PM
    Can someone direct me to the dsp manager for cm9?

Sent from my VM670 using Android Central Forums
    This seems to be a popular app. I think I'll include it in the next update. Which should be this coming week, now that I'm close to making the updater functional.
    05-20-2012 10:45 PM
    Yes, SRS is a wonderful audio tool, ever since I've flashed it, I've bee happy that I did.

The countless times I've flashed DSP have never worked
    Badboytoast likes this.
    05-20-2012 10:57 PM
    I saw something a week or two ago where someone mentioned that the speakerphone for CM9 didn't work. I don't know if anyone else noticed this, but the speakerphone functionality itself seems to work for me, but the volume doesn't go up loud enough for it to be useful. I made a call today and swapped back and forth between the speakerphone being on and off. When it's on, the sound properly comes out of the speaker pointed towards the back of the phone. Anyone else noticed the same thing?
    I've noticed the same thing with the speakerphone as well. It does work however, the volume is really low and adjusting it doesn't really do the trick.
    Yep, same thing here. At first I thought it wasn't working, but the volume just won't go loud enough to make it worthwhile, although it does come out of the right speaker, it seems.
    05-20-2012 11:23 PM
    I read through the thread and couldn't find it. How do I "fix package file" is invalid and Play Store force close?
    Here's my post explaining why that error seems to be happening (summary: Dalvik cache fills up the somewhat small /cache partition, so there's not enough room for more apps' Dalvik-cache files). As for the Play Store force closes, I think that's just general instability in the ROM right now.

Aside from just uninstalling some apps (which is not really a solution to the problem), you can set up an sd-ext partition on your SD card, and Quattrimus will automatically generate the Dalvik-cache files there (it leaves the old ones behind, so you have to manually delete those). I'm no expert on the subject, but here's my post explaining exactly how I did it.
    KeviiinS and zoidberg_md like this.
    05-20-2012 11:29 PM
    Cant wait for the next release to come out maybe it will fix a few problems im having btw im wondering if anyone has any info on this issue. im using the latest release of the aokp rom for the vm670. last night i backed up that rom using nandroid then went through standard prtocal to wipe and flash a new rom. i have aokp aosp and cm9 and i have backed them up flashed them and reflashed them befor and i never had any issues. after i restored cm9 and aosp they didnt have anything i backed up apps wallpaper or settings, after that i restored aokp and it didnt have anything i backed up either. im curios if anyone has any info for me but i have backed up and restored many times. this is the first time i had any problems. tdm and all you guys thanks for all the hard work and cant wait for the next release
    05-20-2012 11:33 PM
    Can someone direct me to the thread that shows you how to set up an sd-ext partition on my sdcard? Also which ext will work with quattrimus? Ext3 or ext4? Thanks
    This is my post a couple pages back that explains exactly what I did to set up sd-ext. I actually used ext2, not ext3 or ext4. I have read that it is better on the SD card's life because ext2 doesn't make a lot of incremental writes like the latter two do (due to journaling, I think). I don't know enough about file systems to say more, but my understanding is that ext2 is probably recommended. I may be incorrect on that, but I can at least say ext2 has been working just fine for maybe a week now.
    05-20-2012 11:35 PM
    I got annoyed with the improper dimensions of the AOKP boot animation, and I know that at least one other person has mentioned it, so I fixed it. It was 480x480 to start with, which seems to me to be a strange resolution. Is anyone familiar with any devices that have a resolution of 480x480? At any rate, I added 120 px to the top and bottom to fill it out, then resized all the images down to 320x480. Somehow it's a little bigger than the original (2.53 MB vs. 3.97 MB), so maybe there's some optimization that can be done? It's the right ratio now, so anyone that can make it smaller and keep it looking nice is encouraged to do so. Enjoy!

bootanimation.zip
    05-20-2012 11:56 PM
    if you format the SD card in the recovery, you can set up the correct partitions. then let the rom do the rest.
    obviously you should back up everything to your computer first! otherwise it will be gone.
    I just did a full wipe including the ext and started from scratch and restored everything minus link2sd everything is great. Thanks tdm for this awesome rom.
    tdm and Masema like this.
    05-21-2012 12:13 AM
    I'm using touch recovery...says something about could not find the file. I'm back on my backside can't really remember
    That's odd...

kidfcp likes this.
    05-21-2012 12:51 AM
    installing CM9 as i type. i was on AOKP. anything i need to know once i start messing with it?

extra: love the boot animation
    05-21-2012 01:08 AM
    Here's my post explaining why that error seems to be happening (summary: Dalvik cache fills up the somewhat small /cache partition, so there's not enough room for more apps' Dalvik-cache files). As for the Play Store force closes, I think that's just general instability in the ROM right now.

Aside from just uninstalling some apps (which is not really a solution to the problem), you can set up an sd-ext partition on your SD card, and Quattrimus will automatically generate the Dalvik-cache files there (it leaves the old ones behind, so you have to manually delete those). I'm no expert on the subject, but here's my post explaining exactly how I did it.
    Thanks!! And I remember seeing a post that said I can fix the Play Store FC by changing something in the build.prop
    I couldn't find the post ':/
    05-21-2012 01:22 AM
    Thanks!! And I remember seeing a post that said I can fix the Play Store FC by changing something in the build.prop
    I couldn't find the post ':/
    Yeah, I believe you have to change VM670 to LG-VM670. not sure, look to make sure. Just in case

Sent from my Cybertronian QuattrOV using Tapatalk 2000 (Now With Teleka-Typing!!!!)
    05-21-2012 01:43 AM
    Just thought I'd let you guys know, Bluetooth tethering works.

Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk 2
    05-21-2012 02:59 AM
    I can't get speaker phone to work. Is there anyway to get it to work?

Edit: is the md5 in the op the correct one
    05-21-2012 10:52 AM
    I just can't seem to do anything with this. I can't re-root it without my phone getting more and more messed up then it already is.. sucks to see such a new phone goto waste.
    05-21-2012 11:36 AM
    I just can't seem to do anything with this. I can't re-root it without my phone getting more and more messed up then it already is.. sucks to see such a new phone goto waste.
    Sending you a private message. May be able to help, but don't want to clutter the thread.

Rob
    RyanJKremer likes this.
    05-21-2012 12:27 PM
    I've been seeing your comments for quite a while...
    Take a look at the OP, TDM (and every other dev everywhere) CLEARLY states "I am not responsible for any thing wrong that goes with your phone".
    Tdm never made you flash it, or root it. Yeah we'll help you troubleshoot, but don't bring down the dev's spirit with your mistakes.
    kenharkey7 likes this.
    05-21-2012 12:28 PM
    who wants to bet rom manager?

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk 2
    05-21-2012 12:32 PM
8,044 ... 188189190191192 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD