07-05-2012 12:33 AM
8,044 ... 199200201202203 ...
tools
    For anyone that likes a little more customization, I flashed Reloaded and changed my status bar up a little bit. So far there playing nice together. By the way, no fcs or reboots so far today The link for Reloaded is on xda and supposedly works on all CM9 roms.

OV CM9 quattrimus ICS
    Well I tried it for aokp but it wouldn't allow opening the app, so i'm just gonna switch to cm9. The only reason I preferred aokp to cm9 was because of the status/notification
    05-24-2012 09:39 AM
    Well I tried it for aokp but it wouldn't allow opening the app, so i'm just gonna switch to cm9. The only reason I preferred aokp to cm9 was because of the status/notification
    Did you try the latest version?

Sent from my optimus v running as cold as ice
    05-24-2012 09:48 AM
    ICS Reloaded is meant for CM9, since AOKP already has the features from that theme.
    05-24-2012 10:18 AM
    Installed aokp-a10p3 last night. Definitely the most stable one to date (following since a9). The interface is faster and feels more responsive, even with no kernel or overclock changes. Very few FCs, usually under high-stress situations.

Camera, 3g, wifi, speakerphone (through sipdroid) all work great.

On previous versions, Titanium backup would only install a few apps, then freeze (reboot, repeat until finished). This time, it installed everything on the first pass.

Square works !!!

Voice search does not work, FCs after 3-5 seconds (I believe it has not worked under any version of this rom for me). It would be nice to have, but I'm willing to live without it. I'll try some 3rd party voice search apps today and report back.

Battery live is dramatically improved. a10p1 would drain 40% overnight with everything turned off. This one used only 15% in the first night I used it. Not epic battery status, but it's entirely acceptable for my purposes.

Major props to TDM for all your hard work. I know we all really appreciate it.

(p.s. Not to jump any guns or sharks or anything, but this feels like a beta to me ;-)
    Ilovefarts likes this.
    05-24-2012 11:00 AM
    Not trying to ask too much but do you think you could take a look at the gummy rom (its ics) it has alot of features its like cm7 + cm9 + aokp. i was just wondering i read about it on xda. and open source
    05-24-2012 11:06 AM

Voice search does not work, FCs after 3-5 seconds (I believe it has not worked under any version of this rom for me). It would be nice to have, but I'm willing to live without it. I'll try some 3rd party voice search apps today and report back.
    Delete it using Titanium and install it from Play.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2
    Harpo1224 likes this.
    05-24-2012 11:10 AM
    Well I didn't think i'd touch another alpha phase of those only because I couldn't stand the instability. I got curious about today's drop. Put it on the phone, flashed amphetamines and it runs so well with no overclock (my minimum is set to 480 however). I am thoroughly impressed.
    05-24-2012 11:26 AM

When I do that I lose my voice to text button on the stock keyboard. Any fixes for that?

05-24-2012 11:27 AM

Well, that was easy. Thanks! Working great.
    05-24-2012 11:37 AM
    ICS Reloaded is meant for CM9, since AOKP already has the features from that theme.
    Well I was looking at some of the pictures from the reloaded version, and actually I think it has more than AOKP, since you can change the colors and it has more toggle options I believe. I'm gonna try it now on cm9
    05-24-2012 11:43 AM
    When I do that I lose my voice to text button on the stock keyboard. Any fixes for that?

Hmm. No clue there. Make sure the voice input option is checked under Language and Input settings, also check the Voice Input Key setting under the stock keyboard settings. (Language & Input and then tap the Settings button next to Android Keyboard). If neither of those work, maybe try installing the ICS keyboard from Play as well?

05-24-2012 12:02 PM
    Can someone recommend a decent clock to use with this rom?

Preferably something consistent with the ics interface.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums
    I am using BeWeather Pro on mine. The clock is very nice, and will launch a clock app of your choice - I use Alarm Clock Extreme Pro. The widget allows you to select the font of your choice (true type fonts on your sd card)as well as the color.

05-24-2012 12:12 PM
    Hmm. No clue there. Make sure the voice input option is checked under Language and Input settings, also check the Voice Input Key setting under the stock keyboard settings. (Language & Input and then tap the Settings button next to Android Keyboard). If neither of those work, maybe try installing the ICS keyboard from Play as well?

The voice input option disappears when I install voice search from play. It was there before I uninstalled voice search 3.0.1(what came with the rom) and installed 2.1.4 from play. I would really like to speech to text and I'm totally stumped trying to fix this. Can't find anything in google searches either.
    05-24-2012 12:14 PM
    My next suggestion is an after market keyboard. I know it doesn't "fix" the problem, but may be tolerable in the meantime? Perfect Keyboard is a really nice one.

05-24-2012 12:19 PM
    I can't seem to get flash to work I've been using 10.3 for some time now but this was the first time I've tried it on this rom.
    05-24-2012 12:21 PM
    I will try to poke around this Voice Search issue when I get home tonight. I just uninatalled it and loaded the Market version and it looks like it removed the input for voice totally (was listed under Keyboards before.)

05-24-2012 12:26 PM
    I used titanium backup to remove voice search and re installed from market. I haven't had any problem since I did this.

conandroid
    05-24-2012 12:28 PM
    Anyone have any issues with Swype Beta on this rom?
    05-24-2012 12:32 PM
    Hey tdm, I don't know if this will help but thekraven almost has his camcorder working, (his alpha 11a) someone said that it shows a preview and everything and tries to record, it just crashes after you stop recording. Love the new build!!!!

Sent from my Cybertronian QuattrOV using Tapatalk 2000 (Now With Teleka-Typing!!!!)
    Ilovefarts likes this.
    05-24-2012 12:33 PM
    I used titanium backup to remove voice search and re installed from market. I haven't had any problem since I did this.

conandroid
    It removed the voice input from your stock keyboard, didn't it? That's the issue I'm investigating.

robwalters72 likes this.
    05-24-2012 12:37 PM
    pretty snappy on boot,but fc:s came on strong ss soon as i tried to enter settings. first reboot was in drop down to adjust stats...reboot. then on reboot i attempted to enter settings to adjust cpu rate,it froze for about 20 seconds with what sounded like a squelching noise then rebooted. after that it was time to delete. check on it next release.

05-24-2012 12:52 PM
    pretty snappy on boot,but fc:s came on strong ss soon as i tried to enter settings. first reboot was in drop down to adjust stats...reboot. then on reboot i attempted to enter settings to adjust cpu rate,it froze for about 20 seconds with what sounded like a squelching noise then rebooted. after that it was time to delete. check on it next release.

with what version? CM9?
    05-24-2012 01:13 PM
    Hey tdm, I don't know if this will help but thekraven almost has his camcorder working, (his alpha 11a) someone said that it shows a preview and everything and tries to record, it just crashes after you stop recording. Love the new build!!!!

Sent from my Cybertronian QuattrOV using Tapatalk 2000 (Now With Teleka-Typing!!!!)
    Mines fully records without crashing when I use Camera ICS, only panorama doesn't work. I'm currently running CAI a10G and I don't get any crashes whatsoever. I'm gonna try out AOKP tonight. Has anyone tried out all three of the quattrimus updates yet? I'm getting great battery life on CAI, how's the battery in AOKP for anyone that's using it?

Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk 2
    05-24-2012 01:39 PM
    Anyone have any issues with Swype Beta on this rom?
    I use swype and I have not had any trouble with it since updating to AOKP P3. What issues are you having?

Rob
    05-24-2012 01:46 PM
    I built a new CM9 ROM and put the delta up. The updater fetched it fine and then ran out of memory applying the patch. Apparently the java rdiff implementation is not very memory friendly.
    Got the memory issue fixed. So here's how it works:

I publish a manifest that contains a ROM list. Each ROM description has an URL, filename, filesize, and md5sum. It may optionally contain the name of a "base" ROM and the description of a "patch" file that can be applied.

I successfully downloaded a base ROM from mediafire (cm9 a10pre1 in this case). Then I uploaded a patch file to turn it into my next update (cm9 a10pre4 in this case). The updater noticed that it had a10pre1, so it downloaded and applied the patch. Yay!

How much of a savings is this? Well, in my test, the patch file is 34mb and the full ROM is 96mb. So that saved 62mb (almost 2/3) of the data. I expect that to be fairly typical for quattrimus, though the -pre updates within an alpha release are likely to be smaller. For example, cm9 a10pre1 to cm9 a10pre3 is 11mb.

Now, I'm on to making some context menu icons and continuing to hack up my recovery-free installer.

Oh yeah, and back on topic, I'm also fixing some more issues for a10pre4. I've got the hosts file line endings fixed and adb-over-network for aokp done. I'm also investigating "su" on aosp and some other things. And trying to get the latest cm9 code to run, of course.
    05-24-2012 01:59 PM
8,044 ... 199200201202203 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD