07-05-2012 12:33 AM
8,044 ... 211212213214215 ...
tools
    Can the people with the reboot and taptalk issues test my kernel: BobZics_Kernel_v2.5-signed.zip
    I haven't been having any issue with either, but I've only tested it with my ROM.
    05-27-2012 07:04 PM
    I'm very confused. You should be downloading ZIP files, not MD5 files. I'll also risk looking like a **** and ask if you know what you're doing. Have you flashed ROMs on your Optimus before?
    i was actually starting to freak cause i have done this before lots of times and no one was talking about md5 files which is a linux code extention i guess????last night the file i downloaded was "gapps-ics-20120429-signed.zip.md5" and when i redownloaded today it was "gapps-ics-20120429-signed.zip" idk weird stuff o well........ great roms ive tried the cm9 and the aokp great stuff tdm thanks and thanks cole2kb for taking the risk of being a **** you were the only one too respond and it allowed me to deduce that the md5 was an anomaly and i should try again because the older gapps i found crashed even more frequently...... so thanks
    05-27-2012 07:25 PM
    If anyone gets those inverted g-apps working please hit me up.

Gmail and market work fine on aokp. I still want to get g-talk and g-voice to work tho.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums
    05-27-2012 07:49 PM
    Bob Z will ur kernel work on any ics cm9 rom?

sent from my device using XPB ICS Tapatalk 2
    05-27-2012 07:50 PM
    Bobz your kernal changed button layout my home button is now menu button and it made the camera stop working

BobZhome likes this.
    05-27-2012 07:58 PM
    i was actually starting to freak cause i have done this before lots of times and no one was talking about md5 files which is a linux code extention i guess????last night the file i downloaded was "gapps-ics-20120429-signed.zip.md5" and when i redownloaded today it was "gapps-ics-20120429-signed.zip" idk weird stuff o well........ great roms ive tried the cm9 and the aokp great stuff tdm thanks and thanks cole2kb for taking the risk of being a **** you were the only one too respond and it allowed me to deduce that the md5 was an anomaly and i should try again because the older gapps i found crashed even more frequently...... so thanks
    An MD5 isn't even a file. It's a string of letters and numbers that you can use with a program to verify that your download isn't corrupt (and in some cases, is actually the correct download and wasn't intercepted in some way and injected with something nasty.)

My nerdy side really wants to get to the bottom of why the files you were downloading had .md5 extensions, but it's no biggie, glad you got it worked out.
    05-27-2012 08:02 PM
    Tdm, will you PLEASE post a link to your kernal?

05-27-2012 08:02 PM

Just restore your backup!

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2
    cole2kb and glarepate like this.
    05-27-2012 08:05 PM
    still on the subject of blacked out themes:

has anyone tried these------> RUJELUS22 Themes

i'm about to...
    05-27-2012 08:10 PM
    Bobs kernel made my screen all weird.. half on one side and the other on the other side
    Btw im on aokp

05-27-2012 08:21 PM
    If I turn on airplane mode and turn it off, my 3g stops working until I reboot. I can get a logcat when I get home. If you cant reproduce

I am using cm9 Alfa 10 btw
    Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk
    05-27-2012 08:55 PM
    Can the people with the reboot and taptalk issues test my kernel: BobZics_Kernel_v2.5-signed.zip
    I haven't been having any issue with either, but I've only tested it with my ROM.
    OH GOD I LOVE YOUR KERNELS <3

Thanks Bobzhome!!!

No offence tdm... I love your work a lot as well... im just a fanboy over bobzhomes kernel
    05-27-2012 09:05 PM
    Hey bob i dont think your kernel is compatible with aokp lol just letting u kno

05-27-2012 09:12 PM
    I wonder if Bob's kernel would work on CAI, it's worth a shot. I'll let you know in a while.

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk 2
    05-27-2012 09:19 PM

Source is on github. Binary is in the ROM. What else do you want???
    glarepate likes this.
    05-27-2012 09:33 PM
    I think he is wanting a flashable binary O:
    Badboytoast likes this.
    05-27-2012 09:36 PM
    Bobz kernal fixes mms maybe tdm and bob should see what's different between the two to figure that out. I believe bob has the key to the fix.

Edit: nvm just read the op.
    MMS was fixed quite a while back, what version are you running?

My guess, OP didn't make a backup and wanted a flashable zip to revert from Bob's kernel.
    05-27-2012 09:37 PM
    Well, I'm trying this on CM9 by the way and everything else seem to work just fine, except for the Wi-Fi. Good thing I made a nandroid backup.
    05-27-2012 09:43 PM
    MMS was fixed quite a while back, what version are you running?

My guess, OP didn't make a backup and wanted a flashable zip to revert from Bob's kernel.

yes your right, a big mistake on my part, And I was running cm9.

Nvm I just went back to tua rom, And nothing at all Sorry if I'm aggravating you. If you need me to ill respectfully stay away from this thread. Just ask.
    05-27-2012 09:46 PM
    yes your right, a big mistake on my part, And I was running cm9.

vm I just went back to tua rom, And nothing at all Sorry if I'm aggravating you. If you need me to ill respectfully stay away from this thread. Just ask.
    I don't want to speak for TDM, but I'm guessing he just assumed that you made a backup before flashing a new kernel. No need to "stay away." Also, I was just mentioning the MMS because you're not the first one to say that it doesn't work, and I'm curious as to what is happening in these cases.
    05-27-2012 09:51 PM
    OH GOD I LOVE YOU

Thanks Bobzhome!!!

No offence tdm... I love your work a lot as well... im just a fanboy over bobzhomes kernel

So does it Work???
    05-27-2012 09:51 PM
    If I turn on airplane mode and turn it off, my 3g stops working until I reboot. I can get a logcat when I get home. If you cant reproduce

I am using cm9 Alfa 10 btw
    Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk
    Just toggle mobile data after coming out of airplane mode and you won't have to reboot.
    pbailey212 likes this.
    05-27-2012 09:53 PM
    Bobz kernal fixes mms maybe tdm and bob should see what's different between the two to figure that out. I believe bob has the key to the fix.

Edit: nvm just read the op.
    Yeah man, mms worked before. You might be thinking of CAI on the V.

Sent from my LG Optimus V running Cyanogenmod 9.
    05-27-2012 09:55 PM
    will we be seeing your release of ics? (the whole rom)
    05-27-2012 09:56 PM
    Causes my phone to lock up. Once it refused to wake, the other time screen turned on but was pure black.
    05-27-2012 09:58 PM
8,044 ... 211212213214215 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD