07-05-2012 01:33 AM
8,044 ... 213214215216217 ...
tools
    will we be seeing your release of ics? (the whole rom)
    please dont clutter tdm's thread. Im sure Bob will release it when he thinks its stable enough.
    Badboytoast likes this.
    05-28-2012 06:44 PM
    Can anyone please tell me which of the three roms Is the best? Asop, CM9, or AOKP
    05-28-2012 07:21 PM
    Can anyone please tell me which of the three roms Is the best? Asop, CM9, or AOKP
    depends on what your looking for apples oranges and bananas there all up to snuff aside from the few problems i.e. gallery fc and whatever else anyways the bugs are minimal umm cm9 has dsp which lets you play with the eq of your speaker headset and bluetooth which is cool. aokp comes with alot of tweak and stuff i havent used asop since alpha 9 but if i remember its bare just the basic rom no bells or whistles well other then it being ics 4.0 which is a benchmark in and of it self try em all they all work good now
    05-28-2012 07:30 PM
    depends on what your looking for apples oranges and bananas there all up to snuff aside from the few problems i.e. gallery fc and whatever else anyways the bugs are minimal umm cm9 has dsp which lets you play with the eq of your speaker headset and bluetooth which is cool. aokp comes with alot of tweak and stuff i havent used asop since alpha 9 but if i remember its bare just the basic rom no bells or whistles well other then it being ics 4.0 which is a benchmark in and of it self try em all they all work good now

Which is the most stable you think?
    05-28-2012 07:39 PM
    Which is the most stable you think?
    They are all good, but CM9 on paper will be the most "stable" as AOKP and AOSP have to have code pulled from it to make them compatible with our processor.

One thing that you and everyone else needs to remember is that, even just reading a few pages back it's evident that these roms are truly a YMMV experience and you won't know what works best for your phone until you try them all.
    05-28-2012 08:09 PM
    They are all good, but CM9 on paper will be the most "stable" as AOKP and AOSP have to have code pulled from it to make them compatible with our processor.

One thing that you and everyone else needs to remember is that, even just reading a few pages back it's evident that these roms are truly a YMMV experience and you won't know what works best for your phone until you try them all.
    Thanks because I used AOKP once a while back and it had to many bugs so right now I'm using ics 2.3.7 and it's great but I think I want CM9 now instead of cm7
    05-28-2012 08:14 PM
    still on the subject of blacked out themes:

has anyone tried these------> RUJELUS22 Themes

i'm about to...
    This are nice themes but they have been outdated already

Sent from my LS-LS670 using Xparent ICS Blue Tapatalk 2
    05-28-2012 08:14 PM
    (Just for claification) Since majority of the bugs and issues of these ROMs are fixed, is the progress of these ROMs solely dependent on the advancement of the CM9 source (i forget the correct term for it) ?
    05-28-2012 08:43 PM
    This are nice themes but they have been outdated already

Sent from my LS-LS670 using Xparent ICS Blue Tapatalk 2
    I noticed they were all for the evo and didnt even fool with them.

I wound up using travp624's inverted themes. If you see a blacked out browser or google maps let me know!

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums
    05-28-2012 09:29 PM
    I have the extended battery on mine I charged it thursday night and right now i still have 24% left battery life went through the rioof for me with ext on stock i would get about 16 hours.
    running aokp atm.
    05-28-2012 09:35 PM
    Hey just a tip on the Gmail problem: i was seeing that issue too (message display problems, blank messages, etc). I went into settings apps, and in Gmail cleared cache. So far so good. Just looking to help out when i can...
    The disappearing Gmail issue showed up again... Clearing the Gmail app cache and force stopping Gmail did the trick to get the message body to display again.

Thanks.
    kidfcp likes this.
    05-28-2012 10:09 PM
    hey of someone could point me in the right direction? i have been trying to put a diffrent theme on aokp alpha 10 final but the ones i downloaded from the market would install and reboot my phone but they were never there and the ones i got from a post on this thread made my fone crash to the point where i couldnt even get passed the lock screen. what am i doing wrong?
    05-28-2012 10:36 PM
    i had to flash the full version of ics g-apps (not the ones in the OP) before i could get the blacked out themes to work.

only took 11 hours to figure that out.
    where can i get the full version of the gapps? and will installing that force me to wipe the fone and reinstall the aokp ROM?
    05-28-2012 10:40 PM
    hey of someone could point me in the right direction? i have been trying to put a diffrent theme on aokp alpha 10 final but the ones i downloaded from the market would install and reboot my phone but they were never there and the ones i got from a post on this thread made my fone crash to the point where i couldnt even get passed the lock screen. what am i doing wrong?

Make sure you are downloading mdpi themes. Also, I think zipped themes have to match your cm9 build exactly. Like cm9 pre10 requires a pre10 mdpi theme.
    purpulehaze likes this.
    05-28-2012 10:56 PM
    (Just for claification) Since majority of the bugs and issues of these ROMs are fixed, is the progress of these ROMs solely dependent on the advancement of the CM9 source (i forget the correct term for it) ?
    The remaining issues with camcorder and bluetooth calls are independent of the base sources. And memory settings etc. Most all else is in the base.
    05-28-2012 10:58 PM
    Is Quattrimus still on schedule for Beta release in a few days? I know Alpha is running fine, I'm actually about to flash it again, but I'm interested to see what changes come next.
    05-28-2012 10:59 PM
    Is Quattrimus still on schedule for Beta release in a few days? I know Alpha is running fine, I'm actually about to flash it again, but I'm interested to see what changes come next.
    Not sure... May have some surprises in store.
    05-28-2012 11:02 PM
    Not sure... May have some surprises in store.
    Tdm, I love your cliffhangers. XD amazing job I love the ROM. So smooth and great battery life too. looking forward to your surprises

Sent from my Cybertronian QuattrOV using Tapatalk 2000 (Now With Teleka-Typing!!!!)
    05-28-2012 11:07 PM
    Make sure you are downloading mdpi themes. Also, I think zipped themes have to match your cm9 build exactly. Like cm9 pre10 requires a pre10 mdpi theme.
    ok that makes more sense now thanx i was downloading the wrong type
    05-28-2012 11:11 PM
    The disappearing Gmail issue showed up again... Clearing the Gmail app cache and force stopping Gmail did the trick to get the message body to display again.

Thanks.
    Same issue here.

Same fix here.

05-28-2012 11:13 PM
    where can i get the full version of the gapps? and will installing that force me to wipe the fone and reinstall the aokp ROM?

i used this version:

Goo.im Downloads - Downloading gapps-ics-20120429-signed.zip

and i just flashed it on top of the g-apps i already had in place (the ones found in the OP) without clearing cache or dalvik and without wiping anything else.

do that, reboot. then flash ONE blacked out app.

reboot.

wash rinse repeat.

some of those blacked out apps want to be flashed on top of the existing "white" app, and some of them prefer to have the white app uninstalled first.

there also some blacked out .apk's that will work also. just uninstall the previous app and install the blacked out apk. sometimes a reboot is necessary in between installations.
    purpulehaze likes this.
    05-28-2012 11:23 PM
    Is there anyone else experiencing issues with poweramp forcing the phone to reboot?
    05-28-2012 11:32 PM
    An SD-ext partition will fix the market's 'package file invalid' error. I still see the occasional market fc tho.

I recommend the partition.

Same here, improvement with the position and so far I've only had about two market closes in the past couple days after partitioning

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2
    05-29-2012 12:14 AM
    Hey tdm Could you take a look at this and maby work on porting it to our fones https://github.com/teamgummy
    05-29-2012 12:19 AM
    Hey tdm Could you take a look at this and maby work on porting it to our fones https://github.com/teamgummy
    I have much higher priority issues right now. Like the ICS kernel and the ROM updater.

And even if I had the time, it's super complicated to get AOSP running on our phones. I just happened to have CAF/CM9 at my disposal. Getting this compiled would basically involve a code merge of the CAF/CM9 changes that I have in my current AOSP with their project. If you're not a developer, read that as "it's a ton of work". So I'd need a good reason before attempting it.
    mlson and theexile1 like this.
    05-29-2012 12:42 AM
8,044 ... 213214215216217 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD