07-05-2012 01:33 AM
8,044 ... 217218219220221 ...
tools
    Hey Arnold 1997, I have a question. Isn't CAI (Cold as Ice) also on the Optimus V?
    You can flash the same Optimus S CAI on the Optimus V but there isnt a specific build for the Optimus V. Everything will still work except MMS but there is a workaround using Go Sms Pro.
    I didn't think it would do anything, but...wait a second...just sent and recieved MMS successfully as I was typing this.

In GoSMS, go to Settings > MMS settings, check Fill APN configuration manually, set MMSC to http://mmsc.vmobl.com:8088/mms? MMS PROXY = 205.239.233.136 and MMS PORT to 81

edit -- I'm sure there is some system file this can be changed in to make MMS work with the native messaging app, but I thought someone in this thread said there was a problem with the stock app. I don't know anything, clearly, but hopefully it helps for somebody.
    Hope this helped!
    05-31-2012 12:17 AM
    Is there a way to change the overall font size in aokp?

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2
    05-31-2012 12:32 AM
    Is there a way to change the overall font size in aokp?

System Settings/Display/Font Size

This space intentionally left blank.
    kenharkey7 likes this.
    05-31-2012 12:44 AM
    Quick question. Do Bluetooth keyboards work with this ROM?
    05-31-2012 12:46 AM
    Tdm, I seen you mention a little while back that you may be starting a jellybean project after finishing this one. Will that be for the optimus as well?

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums
    05-31-2012 01:52 AM
    Mms will work on the s build just flash the vm fix, you don't need go sms
    05-31-2012 04:42 AM
    Tdm, I seen you mention a little while back that you may be starting a jellybean project after finishing this one. Will that be for the optimus as well?

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums
    Jelly bean doesn't exist and this is still in alpha...
    05-31-2012 07:51 AM
    Anyone having problems with voice search?
    05-31-2012 08:11 AM
    Voice Search - Yes this is an issue but easy to fix. Uninstall Voice Search. Go to Market and download Voice Search. Install and all should be well.
    Badboytoast likes this.
    05-31-2012 10:33 AM
    I also had the same problem and tried the solution described above. I have voice search now but am still missing the mic button on my keyboard. Missing this function as I used to dictate a lot of my emails...
    05-31-2012 11:59 AM
    I don't use dictation much so I hadn't noticed. Have you tried Vlingo App? Maybe that might work.....

Edit - Vlingo would install but not open.
    05-31-2012 12:40 PM
    Jelly bean doesn't exist and this is still in alpha...
    Yes jelly bean actually does exist, its the code name for android OS 5.0 thank you.
    Here's some proof homeboy : http://m.techradar.com/news/software...to-see-1036013

heres exactly what tdm said. Yes I do realize this is alpha, but I was jw, and my question was directed to tdm.

Oh, I have several projects cooking now. But I'm not leaving quattrimus until jellybean is released, at least.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk
    Badboytoast likes this.
    05-31-2012 12:43 PM
    Yes jelly bean actually does exist, its the code name for android OS 5.0 thank you.
    Here's some proof homeboy : Android Jelly Bean: What we expect to see | News | TechRadar

heres exactly what tdm said. Yes I do realize this is alpha, but I was jw, and my question was directed to tdm.

Did you actually READ that article? It's speculation about what Android 5.0 Jelly Bean could look like. It's not actually saying it exists yet, because it doesn't...yet. It will, it doesn't yet though.
    bhasden and bigchillin like this.
    05-31-2012 01:00 PM
    Did you actually READ that article? It's speculation about what Android 5.0 Jelly Bean could look like. It's not actually saying it exists yet, because it doesn't...yet. It will, it doesn't yet though.
    Yes I did actually READ that article, and to answer my own question I'm just gonna stick with saying it wont be on our phones. Unless TDM says otherwise.

05-31-2012 01:14 PM
    Yes I did actually READ that article, and to answer my own question I'm just gonna stick with saying it wont be on our phones. Unless TDM says otherwise.

Best not jump the gun here. I'm just glad ics is getting close to "frozen"

05-31-2012 01:29 PM
    Best not jump the gun here. I'm just glad ics is getting close to "frozen"

I'm not lol It was just a random thought. So I figured why not ask. I'm happy we have ics haha. I'm not rushing him or even expecting him to do that.

05-31-2012 01:44 PM
    I wanted to try out cm9 today (came from backside rom) I backed up did a fresh new install wiped every thing did a factory reset formated every thing that needs to be formated (boot system data cache) installed it and gapps but it freezes on me every 5 min I was woundering if I skiped a step or if If it could be the recovery .. woundering if u guys could tell me what recovery u guys are running on ...
    05-31-2012 01:48 PM
    I wanted to try out cm9 today (came from backside rom) I backed up did a fresh new install wiped every thing did a factory reset formated every thing that needs to be formated (boot system data cache) installed it and gapps but it freezes on me every 5 min I was woundering if I skiped a step or if If it could be the recovery .. woundering if u guys could tell me what recovery u guys are running on ...
    Try under clocking 480-245! It will fix your problem. Btw I'm on CWM.

oner14 likes this.
    05-31-2012 02:10 PM
    Here's some proof homeboy : http://m.techradar.com/news/software...to-see-1036013

We are well aware what jellybean and android 5 are, but all there is atm is speculation. It doesn't exist until code exists.
    Until there is a code repository for Android 5.0 it is nonexistent for all practical coding purposes. I realize there is speculation but three to six months in the tech world is a long time and its too long a time for asking questions about support.

Also I know your question was directed at tdm but as members of this forum, we can answer your questions.
    05-31-2012 02:44 PM
    Made a lot of progress on the rom keeper. The database storage system works, the downloader works, and the patcher even works with my own rdiff code (it's surprisingly small). I have a few little details to fix up though.

But there is a bigger problem. I programmed the app to fetch the mediafire link page, extract the deep link to the rom, and then fetch the rom without pulling up a browser at all. That worked a couple of times, and then stopped working. It looks like mediafire has somehow flagged my downloads and has switched to giving my app a captcha to "authorize" the download. I don't know how they detect this but .. well .. it works.

So, does anyone know of an alternate host that might work for this? If not, I need to totally rework the download code.
    05-31-2012 05:32 PM
    @tdm, I know Leslie Ann is letting devs use vmroms.com/~vmstorage
    Maybe you could talk to her about storing your rom on there, I know she and tvall already use that as their download location for their roms.
    tdm and Badboytoast like this.
    05-31-2012 05:41 PM
    So far so good. Great work. I love this rom.

I am using the aokp build. Few issues I have seen are pretty minor. When holding the power button to bring up the power menu it flashes on and off and then on again.. Weird but does not hinder use of the menu. If you enable the accessability option "Power Button Ends Call" the power menu does not come up at all. It will cause the phone to do a soft reboot when you hit the power button. Another one of those not a problem things.

On my build the camera works it just wont take video. and the play store force closes on me sometimes.

Thats about the extent of the problems I have found so far.
    tdm likes this.
    05-31-2012 05:52 PM
    Can we get a flashable zip for the circleMOD? I loved that, and I love Quatt, so... /:
    robwalters72 likes this.
    05-31-2012 06:08 PM
    TDM, not to sound like a ****, but it says the newest version should be up by the end of the month (May 2012).

That's today.

Maybe you should change it "To Be Announced" or such. Unless you acutally mean to put it up in a few hours
    tdm likes this.
    05-31-2012 06:35 PM
    TDM, not to sound like a ****, but it says the newest version should be up by the end of the month (May 2012).

That's today.

Maybe you should change it "To Be Announced" or such. Unless you acutally mean to put it up in a few hours
    Thanks. Not today but perhaps tomorrow or Monday.
    05-31-2012 06:38 PM
8,044 ... 217218219220221 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD