07-05-2012 12:33 AM
8,044 ... 221222223224225 ...
tools
    And while I'm cluttering the thread...I've skimmed through half the 500+ pages...has a2sd been explained? I know it has. But I can't find it to save my life

Such as..what do I need to do to get it working right?

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums
    06-02-2012 03:14 AM
    And while I'm cluttering the thread...I've skimmed through half the 500+ pages...has a2sd been explained? I know it has. But I can't find it to save my life

Such as..what do I need to do to get it working right?

All you need is a clean sd-ext partition, and the ROM will populate it for you. No need for a2sd.

This space intentionally left blank.
    Ksjuggalo and tdm like this.
    06-02-2012 03:41 AM
    All you need is a clean sd-ext partition, and the ROM will populate it for you. No need for a2sd.

Thanks. I thought so, but didn't see the space reflected in storage info

06-02-2012 03:56 AM

Storage info on the phone? If you mean you can't see it when using a file manager you have to go into the settings and select the show hidden files option

06-02-2012 04:34 AM

That's normal the phone normally won't show sd-ext info but you'll notice as you install apps your internal storage won't go down near as much as it should. You can view sd-ext info with using partition info apps off the market

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2
    06-02-2012 06:24 AM
    i was having problems using my browser with cm9 probably wasnt getting 3g ????? i liked cm9 because of dsp so i used titanium and backed up dsp switched over to aokp and installed it now i have dsp and all the perks of aokp ..... havent posted in awhile just wanted to add my 0.02
    flapjack.fiasco likes this.
    06-02-2012 06:59 AM
    Downloaded and installed rom keeper notta showed on first run hit refresh and 3 roms there nice work TDM. Gotta say also awesome battery life on cm and aokp with extended battery I am getting 3 to 4 days between recharges with light to moderate use.
    Ilovefarts and tdm like this.
    06-02-2012 10:01 AM
    Obviously this is super low priority but Tom Keeper doesn't scale to different LCD densities correctly.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Xparent ICS Blue Tapatalk 2
    Ilovefarts likes this.
    06-02-2012 12:50 PM

You know, I'm curious about it. I have link2sd and I've still just started creating links. How does the ROM populate the second partition if you're restoring from a backup? I've still ran out of room and had to move things around. Just curious. I've read through the pages and nothing really explained that so that I'd understand. Thanks buddy
    06-02-2012 01:15 PM
    Obviously this is super low priority but Tom Keeper doesn't scale to different LCD densities correctly.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Xparent ICS Blue Tapatalk 2
    Where is ROM Keeper available for download? Or is it something I haven't looked for within the ROM? Thanks dude
    06-02-2012 01:19 PM
    I've tried this rom a while back and battery life made me change back to cm7 but i'm thinking of giving it a try again. Which built do you guys recommend out of those three?

06-02-2012 01:21 PM
    You know, I'm curious about it. I have link2sd and I've still just started creating links. How does the ROM populate the second partition if you're restoring from a backup? I've still ran out of room and had to move things around. Just curious. I've read through the pages and nothing really explained that so that I'd understand. Thanks buddy
    It mounts /sd-ext/app over /data/app using a bind mount.
    Ilovefarts likes this.
    06-02-2012 01:49 PM
    Where is ROM Keeper available for download? Or is it something I haven't looked for within the ROM? Thanks dude
    The link is in my announcement yesterday in this thread.
    06-02-2012 01:51 PM
    I've tried this rom a while back and battery life made me change back to cm7 but i'm thinking of giving it a try again. Which built do you guys recommend out of those three?

I usually have about 30% left after 16 hour days of light usage on aokp.
    Ilovefarts likes this.
    06-02-2012 01:53 PM
    Doesn't seem to work on CAI, just get the black screen. I hit refresh way too many times, rebooted, uninstalled and re-downloaded and re-installed. Hit refresh way too many times, still just a black screen.
    Probably a CAI thing. Too bad, everything else on CAI seems to work great, it would be nice to be able to keep an eye on the Quattrimus ROMs, as I plan to go back to that as soon as the videocam works (hey, I like taking crummy little videos of my dog!).
    06-02-2012 01:53 PM
    Doesn't seem to work on CAI, just get the black screen. I hit refresh way too many times, rebooted, uninstalled and re-downloaded and re-installed. Hit refresh way too many times, still just a black screen.
    Probably a CAI thing. Too bad, everything else on CAI seems to work great, it would be nice to be able to keep an eye on the Quattrimus ROMs, as I plan to go back to that as soon as the videocam works (hey, I like taking crummy little videos of my dog!).
    It works but there is no manifest for the ls670 (which is your phone model on that ROM). I'll be talking to thekraven and others about ls670 roms next week.
    cmerlyn likes this.
    06-02-2012 02:17 PM
    I usually have about 30% left after 16 hour days of light usage on aokp.
    My battery life on AOKP is great. I've gone 12 hours with light use and been over 60%. One strange thing happened yesterday, though. I was down to around 50% late in the evening, had a reboot, and when it came back, the battery had dropped to 35%.
    06-02-2012 02:18 PM
    Status not present? Do I have to download all three for them to be in there?
    06-02-2012 02:20 PM
    I just upgraded from Alpha 10 Pre3 to Alpha 10 Final (CM9 both) using RomKeeper, and I now seem to be missing my Google account under Accounts & Sync, and my contacts are gone. Furthermore Google is not a choice if I try to add a new account. Any suggestions?

Fantastic idea and execution on RomKeeper, by the way! It's amazing not to have to flash a new ROM and deal with restoring and all of that.
    06-02-2012 02:50 PM
    Just wondering, what would be causing apps to FC or stop suddenly? Is it a performance issue or a ROM not compatible issue? Pulse News and Flipboard(beta).
    06-02-2012 03:08 PM
    I just upgraded from Alpha 10 Pre3 to Alpha 10 Final (CM9 both) using RomKeeper, and I now seem to be missing my Google account under Accounts & Sync, and my contacts are gone. Furthermore Google is not a choice if I try to add a new account. Any suggestions?

Fantastic idea and execution on RomKeeper, by the way! It's amazing not to have to flash a new ROM and deal with restoring and all of that.
    You need to flash gapps. Its not included anymore, because its against Google's and android central rules to include them.

Tdm, would it be possible to put gapps on rom keeper?

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk
    06-02-2012 03:13 PM
    Status not present? Do I have to download all three for them to be in there?
    You downloaded a ROM and it still says not present?
    06-02-2012 03:23 PM
    You need to flash gapps. Its not included anymore, because its against Google's and android central rules to include them.

Tdm, would it be possible to put gapps on rom keeper?

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk
    Yes certainly.
    06-02-2012 03:24 PM
    Figured it out, had to hit menu then fetch. Very nice app tdm:thumbup:
    Wont fetch aokp though
    cmerlyn and tdm like this.
    06-02-2012 03:34 PM
    Damn, Cut The Rope won't work. Really wanted to play. Oh well, guess I'll just have to go back to Skyrim instead.
    06-02-2012 03:48 PM
8,044 ... 221222223224225 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD