07-05-2012 01:33 AM
8,044 ... 222223224225226 ...
tools
    You need to flash gapps. Its not included anymore, because its against Google's and android central rules to include them.
    Thank you. I actually realized that already now... after already wiping my data and then just reflashing the whole ROM. Oh well.

I have everything backed up with Titanium Backup, so it's all good anyway.
    06-02-2012 05:00 PM
    I'm not going to lie, I'm excited for the next update and possibly beta!

I started using this a couple days back and so far it has been great (:

It's been actually smoother then my 2.2.1 andriod, and I can use more apps now that its up to 4.04! (plus it just looks a crap ton better :P )

There are only minor issues, most already adressed. There's only one really bugging me. The google play store likes to quit itself after a bit of time, or not load correctly.
    but other then that, thank you for the amazing rom!

Just one question though. Which of the 3 roms is better to install? is there a difference at all? I installed the CM9 one personally...
    Ilovefarts and tdm like this.
    06-02-2012 08:05 PM
    I'm not going to lie, I'm excited for the next update and possibly beta!

I started using this a couple days back and so far it has been great (:

It's been actually smoother then my 2.2.1 andriod, and I can use more apps now that its up to 4.04! (plus it just looks a crap ton better :P )

There are only minor issues, most already adressed. There's only one really bugging me. The google play store likes to quit itself after a bit of time, or not load correctly.
    but other then that, thank you for the amazing rom!

Just one question though. Which of the 3 roms is better to install? is there a difference at all? I installed the CM9 one personally...
    Personally, i like the AOKP build due to the built in ROM options. No need to flash ICS Reloaded as most of the options are built into the AOKP build. I especially like the option to center the clock in the status bar. I can't wait to be able to use cm9 themes, as i'm all about the eye candy.

Yeah, Google Play likes to shut down and i have the same issue with Titanium Backup when in batch mode. Would also like to use my Smart Keyboard Pro but can't change the input method. All minor things though. All in all this ROM absolutely rocks!!!

Sent from my AlienFusion-VM670 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2
    Skygen likes this.
    06-02-2012 09:02 PM
    @skygen--- very simply put, aosp is what stock would look like on our phone, cm9 adds customization from the cyanogenmod team, and aokp has insane amounts of customization from the android open kang project... :-)
    Skygen likes this.
    06-02-2012 09:02 PM
    @skygen--- very simply put, aosp is what stock would look like on our phone, cm9 adds customization from the cyanogenmod team. aokp has insane amounts of customization from the android open kang project... :-)
    What! Insane amounts of customization! Why am I just now hearing about this.... switching after all my kids graduation because I need video cam.
    06-02-2012 09:06 PM
    Thank you all very much! I appreciate the input (:

So to switch over to lets say, the aopk build, I'd do the same exact steps as when putting on a new rom?

Also, what is the most preferred?

and @dingermtb, I didn't have to flash ICS reloaded >.< I had planned on it, but when I went to install it worked perfectly without it >.<
    06-02-2012 09:17 PM
    grab this-
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/opt...wipe-zips.html
    be sure to thank leslieann

go into recovery>flash leslies prep_for_new_rom.zip>flash aokp>flash icsgapps>reboot... :-)
    Skygen and dingermtb like this.
    06-02-2012 09:34 PM
    grab this-
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/opt...wipe-zips.html
    be sure to thank leslieann

go into recovery>flash leslies prep_for_new_rom.zip>flash aokp>flash icsgapps>reboot... :-)

Thank you, once again, very appreciated (:
    06-02-2012 09:35 PM
    youre welcome... i try to help when i can... :-)
    06-02-2012 09:40 PM
    Just thought I'd mention Leslie wipers zips do not wipe the sd-ext.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2
    rusty2788 and clodfelterac like this.
    06-02-2012 10:32 PM
    well after ordering a replacement device,i can say that all the fc's,reboots that occurred no matter what function i tried to use was due to the device itself. had to be the memory in the other phone. nothing else explains it except memory. so far ive only experienced 3G issues while downloading from play store. each download requires me to toggle data off then on. also phone running slightly hot. testing cpu governors now to get it cooled down some. currently running in performance mode. used system tuner app to uninstall everything i could and either replace it with my own replacements,such as launcher,gallery,email,etc..removed dev tools,spare parts dsp,etc...streamlined. running smoothly with only one close. that was with original launcher,dumped it for nova. nice to get this running finally. any of you that are experiencing constant fc's,reboots,etc...replace the device. :thumbup:

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums
    cole2kb and tdm like this.
    06-02-2012 11:20 PM
    i have encountered a problem and im wondering if its my fone or a glitch with the rom. it started when i was listening to a song thats saved on my sd card the song just stopped playing and the fone said there is no sd card. now im battling with my fone to read the sd card period. wen i boot into recovery it reads the card no problem but wen the fone is on is wen im having problems. any suggestions?
    06-03-2012 12:21 AM
    @tdm super minor issue that dosent affect me but i thought u shud no. wen i went to messaging/settings/notification ringtones it flashes the list of ringtones thren jumps straight back to notification settings. had to go under the regular settings to set the notification ringtone
    06-03-2012 12:25 AM
    Just thinking... Has the author checked out the Cold As Ice for Optimus S which is very similar to the Optimus V? There may be some patches on there that we can use for Quattrimus.. Just a thought.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/lg-...d-alpha10.html
    06-03-2012 12:34 AM
    The devs both work together on different things between the roms. While the phones are similar you still need a fix to get cai to work correctly and as things progress it will be more strictly s and more challenging to fix to work on our units. While I am currently on cai I would rather have a rom where it's strictly for us but I need a few things not working here.
    06-03-2012 12:58 AM
    Just thinking... Has the author checked out the Cold As Ice for Optimus S which is very similar to the Optimus V? There may be some patches on there that we can use for Quattrimus.. Just a thought.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/lg-...d-alpha10.html
    Yes.
    cole2kb, BuggerZ and firecrotch666 like this.
    06-03-2012 02:58 AM
    @tdm super minor issue that dosent affect me but i thought u shud no. wen i went to messaging/settings/notification ringtones it flashes the list of ringtones thren jumps straight back to notification settings. had to go under the regular settings to set the notification ringtone
    Sorry can't repro, works for me.
    06-03-2012 03:00 AM
    I've switched to CM9 to test and I've noticed visually surface dithering takes no effect on or off. Same can be said about 16bpp transparency. Is something up with CM code or should these things really be taking place?
    06-03-2012 06:44 AM
    I'm running cm9 on my test phone (no 3g or cell service). Runs great and the only force closes and reboots I've encountered were due to playing video. You tube and stock video player.

Sent from my LG-VM670
    06-03-2012 07:37 AM
    I think it's tied to his issues with the sd card.

Sent from the BACKside of Tapatalk 2
    06-03-2012 09:23 AM
    few days ago my phone started rebooting constantly. reinstalled aokp 10 and all has been good, for a few days. now, its doing it again. hone boots, few minutes later reboots, and on and on. worked great before, wonder if my phone/sd card is starting to reach the end of its life...
    06-03-2012 10:05 AM
    few days ago my phone started rebooting constantly. reinstalled aokp 10 and all has been good, for a few days. now, its doing it again. hone boots, few minutes later reboots, and on and on. worked great before, wonder if my phone/sd card is starting to reach the end of its life...
    My phone started doing that as well. My SD card is a week old, so I doubt that's the cause.

Sent from my cm_tenderloin using Tapatalk
    06-03-2012 10:19 AM
    i have encountered a problem and im wondering if its my fone or a glitch with the rom. it started when i was listening to a song thats saved on my sd card the song just stopped playing and the fone said there is no sd card. now im battling with my fone to read the sd card period. wen i boot into recovery it reads the card no problem but wen the fone is on is wen im having problems. any suggestions?
    ypu can enter recovery and perform a cache/dalvik cache wipe,reboot to see if that helps. you can restore your backup and see if that resolves the issue. it could be that the sdcard is failing on you. id connect to pc,backup everything,reformat the card using windows and see if that resolved the issue.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums
    drezliok likes this.
    06-03-2012 11:01 AM
    I've switched to CM9 to test and I've noticed visually surface dithering takes no effect on or off. Same can be said about 16bpp transparency. Is something up with CM code or should these things really be taking place?
    Good question. I'm not really sure. Perhaps someone could research that?
    06-03-2012 11:30 AM
    its all good. it dosent even affect me its just something i noticed.
    06-03-2012 11:56 AM
8,044 ... 222223224225226 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD