07-05-2012 01:33 AM
8,044 ... 228229230231232 ...
tools
    I use adb, though it may also be possible to use a file manager that gives root access. Maybe look here for tips on remounting, and here for copying the files over.
    I'm pretty sure it worked! Thanks very much
    06-06-2012 04:44 PM
    Sorry, I was like 3/4 asleep when I posted that, I guess I could have been more specific. lol
    Ilovefarts likes this.
    06-06-2012 05:26 PM
    Sorry, I was like 3/4 asleep when I posted that, I guess I could have been more specific. lol
    Yeah, I tried brewing coffee without grinding it and then complained that I hadn't had my coffee yet. Go figure.

By the way, thanks man. This forum has been super helpful and hope that I've been able to lend a helping hand to someone. Pay it forward.
    cole2kb likes this.
    06-06-2012 05:49 PM
    My phone still freezes itself and reboots randomly no matter what setting I put the CPU at.
    06-06-2012 07:03 PM
    My phone still freezes itself and reboots randomly no matter what setting I put the CPU at.
    same here...specifically when i access the dialer.

but also i've noticed that the new version of friendcaster wants wifi on ALL THE TIME otherwise it will cause random reboots.
    06-06-2012 07:26 PM
    What i did to help that out was did a sd-ext partion and in like almost two days only had one reboot. And my cpu is like: 480min/787max with SmartassV2

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums
    06-06-2012 07:27 PM
    I was having ROM flashing withdrawal. I need an update fix like a crackhead need crack! Had to root my girlfriends optimus q and throw a ROM on it to hold me over.

06-06-2012 07:49 PM
    I was having ROM flashing withdrawal. I need an update fix like a crackhead need crack! Had to root my girlfriends optimus q and throw a ROM on it to hold me over.

I need an update like Mick Jagger needed smack in the 80's.

06-06-2012 08:25 PM
    Woah guys no update statements. Think of it this way, he's probably working really hard right now to work out a lot of the kinks to give us an amazing rom. So just be patient you we'll receive an amazing update just like always. thanks tdm for taking your time on this project and not letting people get to you

Sent from my Cybertronian QuattrOV using Tapatalk 2000 (Now With Teleka-Typing!!!!)
    dzdzjb likes this.
    06-06-2012 09:04 PM
    when i reboot my phone the screen just stays black it dosent give me the clockwork options.ive let it stay like that for 5 to 10 minutes to see if it just takes a while to come up but nothing come up. can anyone help me with this please please. i rooted it with gingerbreak.by the way i have the lg optimus v
    06-06-2012 09:08 PM
    I was referring to my personal need for some thing to flash. If I was gonna ask for a timetable for an update I would have wrote something like this:

ETA?ETA?ETA?ETA?ETA?ETA?

...but I didn't now did I.

06-06-2012 09:17 PM
    when i reboot my phone the screen just stays black it dosent give me the clockwork options.ive let it stay like that for 5 to 10 minutes to see if it just takes a while to come up but nothing come up. can anyone help me with this please please. i rooted it with gingerbreak.by the way i have the lg optimus v
    I had this problem too. I just downloaded a mother recovery and the flash image GUI apk and flashed the new recovery through the app. Actually someone posted a link to a touch recovery a few pages back, try that. Wen u use flash image GUI make sure u click to delete cache n dalvik cache

06-06-2012 10:06 PM
    For anyone with phone fc problems, is your lcd density default or have you changed it? I had the same problem and come to find out it was bc I had lcd density set to 130. Replacing phone.apk with ldpi compatible phone.apk fixed my fc's. Just figured I'd share my knowledge.
    06-06-2012 10:10 PM
    For anyone with phone fc problems, is your lcd density default or have you changed it? I had the same problem and come to find out it was bc I had lcd density set to 130. Replacing phone.apk with ldpi compatible phone.apk fixed my fc's. Just figured I'd share my knowledge.
    Tell me more.

06-06-2012 10:26 PM
    Changing it lcd density I kinda like changing your screen res on a PC. It allows you to fit more on ur screen and it is a good solution for people like us with smaller mdpi screens as it makes the phone feel bigger than it is. There are 4 lines in the build.prop you have to edit. All titled lcd density and they are in different places. Lowering the number results in a higher number of pixels per inch thus a bigger screen size. I have mine set to 130. Default is 160 for mdpi phones like the ov.
    06-06-2012 10:47 PM
    So..I have a curious question. I've been using the Quattrimus rom for a couple weeks now (great ROM) But I didn't install a ICS specific kernal. I just have a couple questions...

Is there a ICS kernal made for the Optimus v?

And I've seen iScream and HydroKernal.... Both say they were based off of the LG Optimus S. Will they work for my phone?

Sorry for the nob questions, I'd rather just not mess this up
    06-06-2012 11:03 PM
    So..I have a curious question. I've been using the Quattrimus rom for a couple weeks now (great ROM) But I didn't install a ICS specific kernal. I just have a couple questions...

Is there a ICS kernal made for the Optimus v?

And I've seen iScream and HydroKernal.... Both say they were based off of the LG Optimus S. Will they work for my phone?

Sorry for the nob questions, I'd rather just not mess this up
    the rom has a kernel already... or did u just want a diffrent one?
    06-06-2012 11:06 PM
    the rom has a kernel already... or did u just want a diffrent one?
    Well, I heard that Hw acceleration was turned on in iScream, and it was suggested that I get it.... So I was just trying to create a better compatibly between my phone and the ROM.

Sorry, I really am new to this, and I'm trying not to be a pain.
    06-06-2012 11:08 PM
    Well, I heard that Hw acceleration was turned on in iScream, So I was just trying to create a better compatibly between my phone and the ROM.

Sorry, I really am new to this, and I'm trying not to be a pain.
    its all good, messing with these roms gets easier the more u do it. the rom already has a kernel but if u want to try some other ones out make sure you make a back up of what you have now incase what u flash dosent meet your needs. also read up on the kernel befor u install it just to be aware of whats gona happen.
    06-06-2012 11:12 PM
    Thank you for understanding (:

Though thats my problem, I'm not being given specific answers >.< At one end i'm being told the kernal wasn't made for my phone, and that there's a high chance of messing up.

On the other end I'm hearing this can help speed up the phone and increase compatibly.
    06-06-2012 11:15 PM
    Just wanted to let everyone know I'm still working on the surprise project. I have had some setbacks due to flaky hardware and such, so it's not moving quite as fast as I expected. But it's moving again.

Also got a brand spankin' new goo.im account as of two hours ago, haven't even logged in yet.
    06-06-2012 11:46 PM
    Just wanted to let everyone know I'm still working on the surprise project. I have had some setbacks due to flaky hardware and such, so it's not moving quite as fast as I expected. But it's moving again.

Also got a brand spankin' new goo.im account as of two hours ago, haven't even logged in yet.
    Does this surprise involve a kernel?
    06-07-2012 12:16 AM
    I was referring to my personal need for some thing to flash. If I was gonna ask for a timetable for an update I would have wrote something like this:

ETA?ETA?ETA?ETA?ETA?ETA?

...but I didn't now did I.

I didn't say you were asking for an ETA -_-

Sent from my Cybertronian QuattrOV using Tapatalk 2000 (Now With Teleka-Typing!!!!)
    jto101680 likes this.
    06-07-2012 12:21 AM
    Does this surprise involve a kernel?
    Technically, no .. but it will enable me to spend much more time on the kernel and the romkeeper project.
    06-07-2012 12:24 AM
    Technically, no .. but it will enable me to spend much more time on the kernel and the romkeeper project.
    A.I.?
    dzdzjb likes this.
    06-07-2012 12:28 AM
8,044 ... 228229230231232 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD