07-05-2012 12:33 AM
8,044 ... 233234235236237 ...
tools
    @tdm--- very glad to see youre not jumping ship sir... i believe a big THANKS and a round of applause is called for... CLAPCLAPCLAPCLAP!... :-)
    droiddekka and mlson like this.
    06-09-2012 09:11 AM
    Just a quick note, I'm on my phone right now and can't write much. I heard about thekraven leaving and it's a sad day. He's an awesome dev. But I'm not going anywhere. However this ruins the surprise I had: we were planning to form a team and now I don't know if that will happen. Whatever he decides to do, I wish him well and so should everyone here.
    I haven't see him say anywhere that he is leaving, and as of 4 pm est yesterday he was still working on it. He deleted most of his ics branches but some are still there. He pushed to an ics branch yesterday at 4pm est that did not get deleted. I see no real evidence he is leaving unless he told you personally tdm.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk
    06-09-2012 09:33 AM
    I have zv9 and no reboots. They fixed that problem when lg gave up the kernel source

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk

Am I behind or something, what is zv9? Just curious
    06-09-2012 10:02 AM
    I haven't see him say anywhere that he is leaving, and as of 4 pm est yesterday he was still working on it. He deleted most of his ics branches but some are still there. He pushed to an ics branch yesterday at 4pm est that did not get deleted. I see no real evidence he is leaving unless he told you personally tdm.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk
    On the actual CAI thread, he notified the moderators that he his no longer developing for the CAI ROM and had the moderators lock the thread.

On another note, i'll have to look into the ZV9 update. I was using the AOKP build and had the random reboots and the force closes with Titanium Backup. Do I need a computer to do the ZV9 update? If so, I need to wait till I move as I don't have my computer here. Don't have access to one until we move and I can get it.

Sent from my ZombieICS-VM670 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2
    06-09-2012 10:36 AM
    On the actual CAI thread, he notified the moderators that he his no longer developing for the CAI ROM and had the moderators lock the thread.

On another note, i'll have to look into the ZV9 update. I was using the AOKP build and had the random reboots and the force closes with Titanium Backup. Do I need a computer to do the ZV9 update? If so, I need to wait till I move as I don't have my computer here. Don't have access to one until we move and I can get it.

You don't need to do the ZV9 update unless you need to. Try lowering your overclock speed and remember this is alpha build.

ETA's kill puppies. Sent from my _______ using Tapatalk.
    dingermtb likes this.
    06-09-2012 10:42 AM
    Hey Anthony, I heard you were making yellow, orange, and purple themes for cm9 and aokp, any news on that? I loved the afterburner and slate ones on CAI, can't wait till tdm incorporates theme Chooser into quattrimus

Sent from my Cybertronian QuattrOV using Tapatalk 2000 (Now With Teleka-Typing!!!!)
    Cm9 for the p-3113 has a full set of working themes
    If this works for the v, would it work for mdpi, or will holo theme be the base

p-3113 puff, puff, puff, just send'n smoke signal's
    06-09-2012 01:53 PM
    It seems pretty quiet over here...
    06-09-2012 02:34 PM
    Cm9 for the p-3113 has a full set of working themes
    If this works for the v, would it work for mdpi, or will holo theme be the base

p-3113 puff, puff, puff, just send'n smoke signal's
    Yes they do. They're on Google play and they are for mdpi and hdpi.

I dont understand what you mean by "will holo theme be the base"
    06-09-2012 02:39 PM

I believe he is still deving for it, he just won't release alpha builds. Just yesterday he pushed a change to his git. I think that's enough hard evidence.

dingermtb likes this.
    06-09-2012 03:57 PM
    Sorry if this is old news, but I just saw this - Linaro has done some optimizations for ARM processors on Android 4.0.4. The video demonstrates the improvements against a pandaboard, but nature of the optimizations seem like they would benefit android on ARM in general.

They've already submitted a patch to cyanogenmod - assuming it gets accepted, this would be yet another reason to choose the CM9 rom [DSP Manager being another ]

Linaro Android Puts Stock Android To Shame on TI Pandaboard (OMAP4430) | CNXSoft – Embedded Software Development
    06-09-2012 04:02 PM
    So Cold As Ice isn't a dead ROM?
    06-09-2012 04:07 PM
    Okay so here's the deal.

First, I've been kinda quiet this past week because I've been busy. I had to rebuild a machine at work that died and there's been lots of little things that have taken my time and attention. But I'm hoping this coming week will see some new builds. I have merged thekraven's source tree into mine (we were going to use this for our team) and I'll try to use that to push out the next release. I hope and expect that will be beta1.

I have three phones to make ROMs for. thekraven gave me a green light to step in and make builds for the LS670 (OS). I also have at least two VS660 (Vortex) users that are interested. I tossed out a VS660 build to one of them. The phone didn't work, but that's probably easily fixable.

I also have three flavors/projects to build: AOSP, CM9, AOKP.

That makes 9 ROMs and, since thekraven has bowed out (at least for now), only one dev. It's a lot to maintain.

I'm not sure exactly what I'm going to do. The two most attractive options off the top of my head are: (1) use the IHO repo. I have commit access already. But blarf may not want aosp and aokp in his repo. Or (2) use the team account I setup (github.com/thunderc) to do another iho-like project. Except I'd be making at least some of the binaries myself.

Any devs out there that have some experience and want to step up to maintain a ROM, please let me know. I will require some experience, as I have no interest in walking people through how to build a ROM and maintain repos. I will probably also contact the IHO devs to see if any of them are interested, and give them priority if they choose.
    06-09-2012 04:08 PM
    Okay so here's the deal.

First, I've been kinda quiet this past week because I've been busy. I had to rebuild a machine at work that died and there's been lots of little things that have taken my time and attention. But I'm hoping this coming week will see some new builds. I have merged thekraven's source tree into mine (we were going to use this for our team) and I'll try to use that to push out the next release. I hope and expect that will be beta1.

I have three phones to make ROMs for. thekraven gave me a green light to step in and make builds for the LS670 (OS). I also have at least two VS660 (Vortex) users that are interested. I tossed out a VS660 build to one of them. The phone didn't work, but that's probably easily fixable.

That makes 9 ROMs and, since thekraven has bowed out (at least for now), only one dev. It's a lot to maintain.

I'm not sure exactly what I'm going to do. The two most attractive options off the top of my head are: (1) use the IHO repo. I have commit access already. But blarf may not want aosp and aokp in his repo. Or (2) use the team account I setup (github.com/thunderc) to do another iho-like project. Except I'd be making at least some of the binaries myself.

Any devs out there that have some experience and want to step up to maintain a ROM, please let me know. I will require some experience, as I have no interest in walking people through how to build a ROM and maintain repos. I will probably also contact the IHO devs to see if any of them are interested, and give them priority if they choose.
    Wow! That's a lot to put on your plate there. Just don't burn yourself out.
    dzdzjb and tdm like this.
    06-09-2012 04:11 PM
    I'd like to help with that. But i might not have enough experience for a project as awesome as this...
    inceyet, tdm, Ryuk6666 and 1 others like this.
    06-09-2012 04:14 PM
    Okay so here's the deal.

I can try to get my build setup going again. I have yet to get ics to build. I'm sure my PC just can't handle it. I just got a bonus, maybe I will look in to upgrading. I would love to get involved.

tdm and Ryuk6666 like this.
    06-09-2012 04:20 PM
    I'd like to help with that. But i might not have enough experience for a project as awesome as this...
    You have built kernels and full ROMs. I haven't checked your github but I assume you do decent checkins (functionally isolated commits with reasonable comments). That's really all that is required.
    06-09-2012 04:27 PM
    I can try to get my build setup going again. I have yet to get ics to build. I'm sure my PC just can't handle it. I just got a bonus, maybe I will look in to upgrading. I would love to get involved.

LeslieAnn's build box is always an option. It's reasonably fast. And I have it setup to mirror all of the relevant sources nightly. If you choose to use the local mirror, repo syncs are insanely fast. Which reminds me, I really need to write up a post explaining how to use the local mirror.
    06-09-2012 04:31 PM
    Okay so here's the deal.

You have my attention, I'll maintain. I know I'm quiet, but I've been working hard and I think I'll have the skills. I'll send you a pm for more info. I'd definitely ask bob, he is also quite the genius. If I had a rom to maintain, it would give me more of a push. Thanks for all your work!

tdm, inceyet, Ryuk6666 and 1 others like this.
    06-09-2012 04:32 PM
    What you talking 'bout? Yes you do haha

06-09-2012 04:36 PM
    You have built kernels and full ROMs. I haven't checked your github but I assume you do decent checkins (functionally isolated commits with reasonable comments). That's really all that is required.
    If that's all that's required then count me in!
    06-09-2012 04:38 PM
    Okay so here's the deal.

There's no way I could handle being a dev... I can't even work UOT Kitchen.
    But I understand that it's lots of work.
    However, I know what whatever happens and how long we must wait, in the end, the Beta will come. And it will be terrific.
    inceyet likes this.
    06-09-2012 04:42 PM
    man this thread is an emotional roller coaster.

i wish i was a programmer right now. but alas...my attention span...it is terrible.
    topdawg661 likes this.
    06-09-2012 04:47 PM
    Good luck guys! The fate of a fully functional ics rom is in ur guys hand! We believe in you!

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2
    droiddekka likes this.
    06-09-2012 04:50 PM
    man this thread is an emotional roller coaster.

i wish i was a programmer right now. but alas...my attention span...it is terrible.
    More like a soap opera. It would be called "As Quattrimus Turns".
    Encerspay45 and topdawg661 like this.
    06-09-2012 05:09 PM
    More like a soap opera. It would be called "As Quattrimus Turns".
    I'd watch it.
    06-09-2012 05:11 PM
8,044 ... 233234235236237 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD