07-05-2012 01:33 AM
8,044 ... 236237238239240 ...
tools
    i am using CM9 and my phone became stable after i changed my CPU settings to the numbers i mentioned above your post.

Also idk if this has been mentioned before but there is a bug where you can see your pictures in the gallery but if you click on it to see the picture in full screen it says "no thumbnail"
    gallery has always been buggy... i prefer:
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...icFolder&hl=en
    i use it whether running gb or ics... :-)
    Teh_Gaberz and droiddekka like this.
    06-10-2012 08:49 PM
    Opti S user here might be up to test this like I've done for thekraven.

LG-LS670 w thekraven ICS linaro alpha 14 & Tapatalk
    06-10-2012 11:13 PM
    i am banging my head against the wall trying to get blacked out google apps to flash properly.

google talk is the main one i'm having problems with. if anyone has some simple blacked out APKs that i could just install that would be awesome.

its like whack-a-mole...i get inverted google voice to install...and then the google market disappears.

frowny face.
    06-10-2012 11:22 PM
    For anyone getting an error message when downloading from Play Store, go to app drawer and hold play store until it goes to home screen, then drag to app info. Now clear its data and cache, restart phone and download 'marketfix' from the hopefully working play store. I don't know if anyone else is having this problem or if its been discussed but this seems to have worked for me.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums
    06-10-2012 11:47 PM
    i am banging my head against the wall trying to get blacked out google apps to flash properly.

google talk is the main one i'm having problems with. if anyone has some simple blacked out APKs that i could just install that would be awesome.

its like whack-a-mole...i get inverted google voice to install...and then the google market disappears.

frowny face.
    Tried these? They work for me, different ICE though. Had to remove PlayStore and Talk first, then boot and flash the inverted ones.

[Inverted]Totally Inverted APPS (updated 6-3 new g+) - Galaxy Nexus Themes - RootzWiki
    droiddekka likes this.
    06-10-2012 11:53 PM
    Alright, I may have found what's going on with Deep Sleep mode, it may just have to do with ICS itself rather than just the ROM. On thekraven's Cold As Ice and Quattrimus CM9 (both the latest alphas), both stay locked at minimum CPU regardless of the time the phone spends idle...UNTIL I put it into airplane mode. Then it sleeps as it should.

On CAI I found that BetterBatteryStats reported an MMS Connectivity (or similar, I remember those words) process causing a Partial Wakelock which had apparently lasted for 2 hours, i.e. the whole time it wasn't sleeping. This prompted me to try airplane mode, and voila! Gave it a minute or two and it Deep Slept.

What's strange is, after a reboot there were no extended wakelocks being reported by BBS, yet the phone refused to Deep Sleep unless I put it into airplane mode. Quattrimus has provided identical results, sans the extended wakelocks, which it too is apparently free of.

Anyone have any ideas what could be connected to the cellular connection that's keeping the phone awake? My specs:

CPU: 480/729 SmartassV2
    ROM: Quattrimus CM9 10a
    Phone: lol LG Optimus V
    rebel69ization and tdm like this.
    06-11-2012 12:00 AM
    On CAI Zhara found a trick, something on "RIL", if I remember. enable airplane power down pull battery then hold power for 10 seconds or more then power up. Worked until power down or reboot to get deep sleep.

LG-LS670 w thekraven ICS linaro alpha 14 & Tapatalk
    06-11-2012 12:08 AM
    I tried that on CAI though, with no luck. I can try on this, maybe things will be different.
    06-11-2012 12:10 AM
    Tried these? They work for me, different ICE though. Had to remove PlayStore and Talk first, then boot and flash the inverted ones.

[Inverted]Totally Inverted APPS (updated 6-3 new g+) - Galaxy Nexus Themes - RootzWiki

i'll try that method...i was using the one's that were posted on XDA.
    06-11-2012 12:18 AM
    Alright, I may have found what's going on with Deep Sleep mode, it may just have to do with ICS itself rather than just the ROM. On thekraven's Cold As Ice and Quattrimus CM9 (both the latest alphas), both stay locked at minimum CPU regardless of the time the phone spends idle...UNTIL I put it into airplane mode. Then it sleeps as it should.

On CAI I found that BetterBatteryStats reported an MMS Connectivity (or similar, I remember those words) process causing a Partial Wakelock which had apparently lasted for 2 hours, i.e. the whole time it wasn't sleeping. This prompted me to try airplane mode, and voila! Gave it a minute or two and it Deep Slept.

What's strange is, after a reboot there were no extended wakelocks being reported by BBS, yet the phone refused to Deep Sleep unless I put it into airplane mode. Quattrimus has provided identical results, sans the extended wakelocks, which it too is apparently free of.

Anyone have any ideas what could be connected to the cellular connection that's keeping the phone awake? My specs:

CPU: 480/729 SmartassV2
    ROM: Quattrimus CM9 10a
    Phone: lol LG Optimus V
    If you have a weak signal, it can be your 3g switching back and forth to no connection to 1x to 3g. Try better battery stats again and see what's causing wakelocks. And use logcat. And pastebin so we can see what processes or errors come up while trying to sleep. I will do the same and see if the problems are the same

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk
    06-11-2012 12:29 AM
    If you have a weak signal, it can be your 3g switching back and forth to no connection to 1x to 3g. Try better battery stats again and see what's causing wakelocks. And use logcat. And pastebin so we can see what processes or errors come up while trying to sleep. I will do the same and see if the problems are the same

Hmmm...the trick seems to be working somewhat. It Deep Sleeps, but it does so sporadically. Out of about 7 minutes uptime, with most of that time idle, CPU Spy reports only 25% Deep Sleep. This is all without airplane mode on, and with 3G off; I keep 3G off most of the time unless I'm on break or want to check something online quick. MediaScanner service caused a two minute wakelock, but that's to be expected on boot. Regardless, I'll get logcat running and get back to you.
    06-11-2012 12:54 AM
    Just flashed aokp what CPU setting and gov is the best(sorry don't feel like thumbing through all the pages)

06-11-2012 12:54 AM
    Just flashed aokp what CPU setting and gov is the best(sorry don't feel like thumbing through all the pages)

Well with "Search This Forum" you don't really have to. But generally a 480 base with 729 max and SmartassV2 governor never lets me down.

Also I'm very new to Android development, I ran logcat and here's what came out: I/Adreno ( 1525): ioctl code 0x40140931 (IOCTL_KGSL_TIMESTAMP_EVENT) failed: er - Pastebin.com

I notice there's plenty of adreno errors...that doesn't sound good. Does that have anything to do with hardware acceleration? I know that the GPU is called the Adreno 200.
    glarepate, inceyet and jto101680 like this.
    06-11-2012 01:20 AM
    Well with "Search This Forum" you don't really have to. But generally a 480 base with 729 max and SmartassV2 governor never lets me down.

Also I'm very new to Android development, I ran logcat and here's what came out: I/Adreno ( 1525): ioctl code 0x40140931 (IOCTL_KGSL_TIMESTAMP_EVENT) failed: er - Pastebin.com

I notice there's plenty of adreno errors...that doesn't sound good. Does that have anything to do with hardware acceleration? I know that the GPU is called the Adreno 200.
    I've been useing aokp since the first alpha Neva messed with set CPU now I'm wat does it change

06-11-2012 02:33 AM
    Yeah that will be mandatory with up to 9 helpers doing builds.
    I know systems programming, but I cannot do anything unless I can build the quattrimus firmware. Build instructions would enable me to start hacking on it.
    crogier likes this.
    06-11-2012 06:23 AM
    Anybody had to have their phone replaced yet? Suggestions to make the process a little less painful? Just wondering if there is a way around having to wait three days for virgin to mail me a new one. I really hate dealing with their customer service. It has never been anything less that completely aggravating
    06-11-2012 01:56 PM
    Anybody had to have their phone replaced yet? Suggestions to make the process a little less painful? Just wondering if there is a way around having to wait three days for virgin to mail me a new one. I really hate dealing with their customer service. It has never been anything less that completely aggravating
    No offense but this should be asked in the general section..

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2
    Pkt_Lnt, Compeek, inceyet and 4 others like this.
    06-11-2012 02:01 PM
    N..nine ROMS?!
    I can barely change the battery on my remote controls without being distracted...
    This dev really knows his stuff, everyone bow down to tdm!
    TauSigmaNova and tdm like this.
    06-11-2012 03:03 PM
    N..nine ROMS?!
    I can barely change the battery on my remote controls without being distracted...
    tdm is Boss with a capital B.
    06-11-2012 03:26 PM
    N..nine ROMS?!
    I'm not worthy, I'm not worthy.......
    06-11-2012 08:58 PM
    @tdm hey have you looked at Linaro i read that it improves performance on arm devices in ICS.
    http://www.androidcentral.com/linaro...m-optimization

tdm likes this.
    06-11-2012 09:32 PM
    @tdm hey have you looked at Linaro i read that it improves performance on arm devices in ICS.
    http://www.androidcentral.com/linaro...m-optimization

It does make a real world improvement, at least on my kindle fire it does. The rom I'm using on it has funky screen animation every time a notification pops up, and they transition flawlessly. It took away what ever lag was left on the fire.

06-11-2012 09:41 PM
    It does make a real world improvement, at least on my kindle fire it does. The rom I'm using on it has funky screen animation every time a notification pops up, and they transition flawlessly. It took away what ever lag was left on the fire.

Man now imagine that on our OV :o

06-11-2012 09:51 PM
    Man now imagine that on our OV :o

Linaro is incredible. I think thekraven shared his work on it with tdm.

LG-LS670 w thekraven ICS linaro alpha 14+6/11 patch & Tapatalk
    06-11-2012 10:33 PM

i flashed g-apps 4-29 and then i flashed these.

with the exception of "contacts", "google voice" and "calendar" they all installed perfectly. i just went back and dirty flashed them seperately and they all fell in line no problem.

I'm running AOKP, btw
    glarepate likes this.
    06-11-2012 10:44 PM
8,044 ... 236237238239240 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD