8,044 ... 240241242243244 ...
tools
    how do i tell what zv? my phone is using
    06-13-2012 01:33 PM
    how do i tell what zv? my phone is using
    Go to settings>about phone thej it will say baseband version

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2
    06-13-2012 01:35 PM
    ZV9 really isn't all that great. Only update if you have problems, otherwise you'll create problems.

06-13-2012 01:47 PM
    I rebooted I even restored my backup of stock just to make sure it was zv9
    And says the same but the rom feels like its alot smoother but still says zv4
    It will say either unknown or zv9. If it didn't change it didn't stick. see update thread
    06-13-2012 02:14 PM
    Hey the other day I flashed the inverted contacts to aokp and now my phone dialer is gone. How can I get it back?
    06-13-2012 02:30 PM
    Happened before. There still seems to be problems (at least for me) with the phone in general. Most of the time when I hit the Phone icon it just reboots.

And I was trying to use the speakerphone, but maybe I wasn't using the right button, but it wouldn't work. Not sure if anyone else had this issue.
    06-13-2012 02:32 PM
    First of all, congratulations to tdm for the amazing rom, and to all you guys for testing it, coming from IHO looks like an amazing improvement :-)

Now, my problems. I'm running CM9 latest alpha with ZV4 baseband:

1) Slow scrolling: in some applications (e.g. facebook news feed), scrolling is terribly slow. It starts fine when you run the application for the first time, but as you keep scrolling, you quickly get to a point where it takes a couple of seconds from the time you swipe your finger on the screen to when the news feed is actually scrolled. I tried playing with "force gpu rendering" and "surface dithering" settings, without success.

2) Rendering gone: very frequently an email in gmail/article in greader/other item in facebook is not rendered anymore on the screen when you start scrolling it (you just get a white page instead of the content), and there's no way to get back unless you kill the application

3) I keep getting "unfortunately, google play store has stopped", and I tried clear data/clear cache/uninstall updates/reinstall market/... without success.

Thank you all for your hard work!
    Known CM9/ICS issues that are unsolved in alpha.

And I was trying to use the speakerphone, but maybe I wasn't using the right button, but it wouldn't work. Not sure if anyone else had this issue.
    Ditto

LG-LS670 w thekraven ICS linaro alpha 14 + 6/11 patch & Tapatalk 2
    Ilovefarts likes this.
    06-13-2012 02:42 PM
    Welcome back Gannon!

Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk 2
    06-13-2012 02:50 PM
    Known CM9/ICS issues that are unsolved in alpha.

Ditto

LG-LS670 w thekraven ICS linaro alpha 14 + 6/11 patch & Tapatalk 2
    Thank you, I thought I was going crazy trying to make it work. I figured it was a known issue.
    06-13-2012 03:20 PM
    Now you guys are starting to understand me!

Btw, is there stuff missing in the kernel for ZV4/5? It seems to work perfect on ZV9.
    I'd doubt that it's the kernel- My CM9 experience has been just fine on ZV5, better than the AOKP experience I had
    06-13-2012 03:56 PM
    I'd doubt that it's the kernel- My CM9 experience has been just fine on ZV5, better than the AOKP experience I had
    This man absolutely speaks the truth, I've had 0 crashes on CM9 (exception being the CM9 Music apk that crashed once or twice (not included with this rom)) It feels almost stable.
    06-13-2012 05:39 PM
    This man absolutely speaks the truth, I've had 0 crashes on CM9 (exception being the CM9 Music apk that crashed once or twice (not included with this rom)) It feels almost stable.
    Probably is just AOKP which is less stable on our phones.
    06-13-2012 05:48 PM
    It will say either unknown or zv9. If it didn't change it didn't stick. see update thread

Do you have the link to the thread?
    06-13-2012 06:23 PM
    You have to flash the update twice for it to stick and show up

sent from my LS670 optimus V using inverted T.T.2
    06-13-2012 06:31 PM
    They say to flash it twice, but that didn't work for me. The reson why is when I rebooted into recovery to reflash it the second time, it was still the same old CWM recovery. You need to reflash IN THE STOCK recovery.

Here's what I did:
    Apply update in BobZHome recovery.
    Reboot into recovery.
    Wipe all factory data and apply update again.
    Reboot into stock OS.
    Turn off phone.
    Boot into recovery -> It will be stock recovery this time.
    Apply update -> radio will be flashed this time.
    Reboot into stock OS and root it.

P.S. Gordita root didn't work for me the first time either. Make sure when you run Gordita, that the phones screen is on and on the home screen (not on sleep and on the lock screen). If it fails, just keep trying. It works eventually.

P.S.S. If the baseband update didn't work, stock says ZV9, but when you install your ROM again it says ZV4. Check the SW part in the stock ROM, it'll say ZV4 if it didn't work. It'll say ZV9 if it did. I figured out that's what was going on.
    06-13-2012 06:38 PM
    If you follow brotherswings instructions to the letter it works the first time

sent from my LS670 optimus V using inverted T.T.2
    06-13-2012 07:20 PM
    Guys, you need to be flashing the update.zip TWICE. Once in a custom recovery and once in the stock recovery. Custom recoveries will not write the actual radio.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/opt...-challeng.html
    Process:
    Stage 1
    1) Reboot into recovery. Check your current recovery version. If you have CWMT or MultiBoot you will need to change it, or this WILL brick your phone. Use Flash Image GUI (or the BACKside updater if you're running BACKside - thanks Jerry, you rock!) to flash Bobzhome's recovery.
    2) Go to Backup and Restore, choose Backup.
    3) Once done, click back to the main menu. Choose apply update from sd.
    4) Once that is done, choose reboot system now.
    5) Your phone may or may not boot at this point - don't panic! If it doesn't boot, just pull the battery, then boot back into recovery. If it did boot up, reboot into recovery anyway!
    6) Choose factory reset/wipe data.
    7) Choose apply update from sd (yes, again.)
    8) Once done, reboot to system.
    9) The phone should boot up to the stock rom. You can verify the radio version now by Menu-Settings-About Phone-Baseband Version. It should end in ZV9. If not, stop. Return to step 3, and repeat.

(devs, put me in my place if I'm wrong here -->) There is a simple string inside a file that lists a baseband version, and this is where the ROMs will pull it from. This file is in a /system folder, which is writable by any recovery, so it could be very well saying ZV9 without having written the actual update to the radio. Also, when checking the "Software Version" after flashing the stock, it probably says ZV9, but this doesn't mean your actual baseband has changed.
    06-13-2012 07:40 PM
    Hey y'all lets keep to the subject here looks like its gone down a different road no disrespect intended but lets keep on topic

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums
    06-13-2012 07:58 PM
    Deleted

Ryuk6666 likes this.
    06-13-2012 08:03 PM
    Hey y'all lets keep to the subject here looks like its gone down a different road no disrespect intended but lets keep on topic

You're right, sorry, i saw the post and commented on it. We do need to stick to the thread topic.
    06-13-2012 09:40 PM
    You're right, sorry, i saw the post and commented on it. We do need to stick to the thread topic.
    Truth. I actually forgot what thread I was in. x_x Honestly though, I don't really feel right with just sitting by and letting another user be given misinformation [unintentionally, of course], and didn't see the conversation continuing after that.

On topic: Is anyone running AOSP? I kept trying it out, and it was so nice and clean, but it turns out that I like the -idea- more of it than the execution. I missed things like status bar brightness control and the expanded power menu.
    06-13-2012 10:28 PM
    AOKP for the win.

inceyet and blizard like this.
    06-13-2012 10:31 PM
    Truth. I actually forgot what thread I was in. x_x Honestly though, I don't really feel right with just sitting by and letting another user be given misinformation [unintentionally, of course], and didn't see the conversation continuing after that.

On topic: Is anyone running AOSP? I kept trying it out, and it was so nice and clean, but it turns out that I like the -idea- more of it than the execution. I missed things like status bar brightness control and the expanded power menu.
    Same. I've got used to the extra tweaks from CM7 and found AOSP to be too bare for my tastes. I've been using the latest AOKP since the release date, and it's stable enough to keep me happy for now.
    06-13-2012 10:31 PM
    No worries it happens. We just gotta recognize it when it starts and get back to business. Plus that way we can keep the cluter down for the noobs and they don't get confused. Cause we were all there before

rebel69ization likes this.
    06-14-2012 12:43 AM
    I can't live with the 3G out if on Wifi.

Can anyone confirm this?

" If you connect to wifi, 3G doesn't stay fully connected. "

I get txt late when on.wifi.

06-14-2012 02:13 AM
8,044 ... 240241242243244 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD