07-05-2012 01:33 AM
8,044 ... 241242243244245 ...
tools
    I'm busy setting up nightly builds. I should be done in the next couple days.

I'll be making the nighties available exclusively on romkeeper due to bandwidth concerns, and make full beta releases when the code looks stable(ish). Testers will probably have a major say in that decision.

I've lined up two dedicated hosts for downloads (or own leslieann and ctalkington). I might also provide some bandwidth, but not much. I hope nobody will need to use mediafire ... It's a great site but its a pain for romkeeper because of the requirement to open a browser.
    I'm not too worried about bandwidth can handle 500+ GB per month easy.
    notown and tdm like this.
    06-14-2012 02:44 AM
    I can't live with the 3G out if on Wifi.

Can anyone confirm this?

" If you connect to wifi, 3G doesn't stay fully connected. "

I get txt late when on.wifi.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2
    I have no problems with that. The only 3g issue with this rom is when you come off airplane mode, you have to toggle enable data for 3g to work again. You can try wiping cache and dalvik, and reflashing the rom, or doing a full clean install.

sent from my Nokia 5110
    06-14-2012 08:08 AM
    Txting shouldn't be a problem with 3g off because Txting relies on 1x data which you always have as long as you have service where you are at. Now mms is a different story but who sends pics all day. Wifi does seem to put 3g to sleep but I consider it a good thing because while I'm moving my 3g flips on for the ride, and when I get where I'm going wifi kicks in and I don't have to interfere at all. Instant batt savings.
    Ilovefarts, cole2kb and Teh_Gaberz like this.
    06-14-2012 11:57 AM
    Are you going to be uploading nighties to RomKeeper? Curious how you'll know if the Rom you have installed has an update. "Rom List Updated" will show, but when you click on say CM9 it says present and no other new rom has been added to the list. Should you go ahead and install? Just curious, thanks for the hard work.
    06-14-2012 11:59 AM
    These forum pages fill fast, 2-4 pages a day. I don't check regularly, but I have a couple questions: are the updates being pushed through RomKeeper first or will they be posted in a new thread as well? and are there now select individuals who are allowed to test these updates before release? I am just not sure how everything is organized and structured now that there's a "team" and more projects being worked on. Thanks for clarification, anyone (:
    06-14-2012 02:19 PM
    And I qoute TDM

"I'm busy setting up nightly builds. I should be done in the next couple days.

I'll be making the nighties available exclusively on romkeeper due to bandwidth concerns, and make full beta releases when the code looks stable(ish). Testers will probably have a major say in that decision.

I've lined up two dedicated hosts for downloads (or own leslieann and ctalkington). I might also provide some bandwidth, but not much. I hope nobody will need to use mediafire ... It's a great site but its a pain for romkeeper because of the requirement to open a browser"

Yea this was kinda hard to find but heres some info on nightlies
    Ilovefarts likes this.
    06-14-2012 03:41 PM
    I was having alot of problems useing aokp then I accidently formatted my SD now it runs like a dream no problems since hope this helps sum1

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums
    06-14-2012 03:50 PM
    I was having alot of problems useing aokp then I accidently formatted my SD now it runs like a dream no problems since hope this helps sum1

It does actually help kinda. I formated my card then did a sd-ext partition and now its running well. I just wish netflix would work..
    06-14-2012 04:33 PM
    It does actually help kinda. I formated my card then did a sd-ext partition and now its running well. I just wish netflix would work..
    Gotta ? When y'all formatted the SD card did you use your phone to do it or use the computer. Also did you take what was needed off first ie roms, cwm, etc and put them back on the SD card. Thanks for the info

06-14-2012 04:41 PM
    Back up all your stuff you want to keep on your PC. Format the card in recovery on the phone, mount USB storage to copy the rom / gapps zips to your SD card along with anything you backed up, flash and enjoy.

inceyet likes this.
    06-14-2012 04:43 PM
    Gotta ? When y'all formatted the SD card did you use your phone to do it or use the computer. Also did you take what was needed off first ie roms, cwm, etc and put them back on the SD card. Thanks for the info

I used the computer and the phone. Then i partitioned

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2
    06-14-2012 04:49 PM
    Okay I got some builds done for CM9. This has much of thekraven's work integrated. Source is synced as of today and has the latest goodies: the new cid boot animation and theme engine.

The initial release is a full zip. We should get nightly deltas around 7am CDT starting tomorrow if everything goes well. I haven't wired these into RomKeeper yet but I'm working on that.

Note this is a pre-release for beta1. It's pre-release for a few reasons:

* aokp and aosp are not done.
    * camcorder previews but crashes on record.
    * Most things haven't been tested well (hence this post).

That said, it seems to run fairly well in my initial testing, all things considered.

If you choose to download this (and I expect most of you will), please give useful and thoughtful feedback about how it works. Try all the features. Let me know what's broken (after checking to see if anyone else has already reported it, of course).

These builds are on my goo.im account. Select your phone model and the familiar goo dropdown will appear with all the goodies (link, md5sum, etc.) There are several VM670 builds, you want beta1pre1.

Note the phone probably doesn't work on the VS660 build yet. The VM670 and LS670 builds should be fine for basic phone and sms.
    06-14-2012 06:26 PM
    Im sorry but i cant seem to download.

EDIT: got it working
    06-14-2012 06:34 PM
    Im sorry but i cant seem to download.
    I just tried, worked for me...?
    arnold1997 likes this.
    06-14-2012 06:36 PM
    Getting stick at 6sec. on the download countdown?

06-14-2012 06:45 PM
    Okay I got some builds done for CM9. This has much of thekraven's work integrated. Source is synced as of today and has the latest goodies: the new cid boot animation and theme engine.

The initial release is a full zip. We should get nightly deltas around 7am CDT starting tomorrow if everything goes well. I haven't wired these into RomKeeper yet but I'm working on that.

Note this is a pre-release for beta1. It's pre-release for a few reasons:

* aokp and aosp are not done.
    * camcorder previews but crashes on record.
    * Most things haven't been tested well (hence this post).

That said, it seems to run fairly well in my initial testing, all things considered.

If you choose to download this (and I expect most of you will), please give useful and thoughtful feedback about how it works. Try all the features. Let me know what's broken (after checking to see if anyone else has already reported it, of course).

These builds are on my goo.im account. Select your phone model and the familiar goo dropdown will appear with all the goodies (link, md5sum, etc.) There are several VM670 builds, you want beta1pre1.

Note the phone probably doesn't work on the VS660 build yet. The VM670 and LS670 builds should be fine for basic phone and sms.
    It seems that the key board is kinda low? I can barely press the space bar?

Sent from my AT100 using Tapatalk 2
    tdm likes this.
    06-14-2012 06:55 PM
    Getting stick at 6sec. on the download countdown?

Try on the computer. I noticed that the phone browsers hate download countdowns and tend to just freeze the site.
    06-14-2012 06:56 PM
    It seems that the key board is kinda low? I can barely press the space bar?

Thanks. Probably lost the keyboard config. I'll look into it. Swype works fine.
    topdawg661 likes this.
    06-14-2012 06:56 PM
    My laptop is down. Running Opera minni, which doesn't have a desktop toggle. Might have to switch browsers.

06-14-2012 07:00 PM
    Thanks. Probably lost the keyboard config. I'll look into it. Swype works fine.
    So far amazing tho ^____^ good work!

06-14-2012 07:01 PM
    My laptop is down. Running Opera minni, which doesn't have a desktop toggle. Might have to switch browsers.

I used the stock browser

jto101680 likes this.
    06-14-2012 07:01 PM
    I'll post the builds on the alternate sites tomorrow AM since many people are having troubles with goo.im.
    06-14-2012 07:04 PM
    Ome builds done for CM9. This has much of thekraven's work integrated. Source is synced akay I got sos of today and has the latest goodies: the new cid boot animation and theme engine.

snip

The VM670 and LS670 builds should be fine for basic phone and sms.
    As one of thekraven testers, I want to continue with this. Does this have his linaro optimization yet that he had in alpha 14.

I cannot flash this in Drew's Cannibal recovery. Asserts and get.prop errors. Here are Drew's comments.

Was it something to do with assert and/or getprop? If so, it's not a bug in the recovery. Tell tdm to remove the asserts from his updater-script.
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/lg-...ml#post1853982

Thank you.
    06-14-2012 07:08 PM
    Uhh TDM, I'm not sure if I'm the only one. It may be because my OV isn't active anymore, but, Roaming Indicator Off is back.
    tdm likes this.
    06-14-2012 07:19 PM
    As one of thekraven testers, I want to continue with this. Does this have his linaro optimization yet that he had in alpha 14.

I cannot flash this in Drew's Cannibal recovery. Asserts and get.prop errors. Here are Drew's comments.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/lg-...ml#post1853982

Thank you.
    Thanks for testing.

I haven't looked into linaro yet.

What is the build model under drew's recovery? I'm asserting thunderc or LS670.
    06-14-2012 07:20 PM
8,044 ... 241242243244245 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD