07-05-2012 01:33 AM
8,044 ... 244245246247248 ...
tools
    Benchmark to prove it?
    Linaro is mostly cpu optimization for pandaboard

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2
    Not a benchmark believer. News article on AC and all over. Proof is in the pudding and in my hands.
    Skeptical is good, I was too. Now I see, or maybe it is just thekraven magic.

LG-LS670 w thekraven ICS linaro alpha 14 + 6/11 patch & Tapatalk 2
    06-15-2012 11:45 AM
    Where could I find the download for beta pre? (Sorry if asked before I haven't seen anything with a link of it)

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums
    I think he posted his goo.im site earlier, Goo.im Downloads - Browsing quattrimus
    06-15-2012 11:46 AM
    TheKraven does more updates than TDM, so he is ahead.

True. He's all over me with updates. Which is why I really wanted to do a team. I would rather focus on RomKeeper and the ICS kernel project, and let him do at least the CM9 builds.
    06-15-2012 11:47 AM
    I understand you. No rush. The only thing that keeps me from using as a daily is the 3G lock. When on Wifi, I get txt really slow.

What I'm saying about theKraven, is that people come here saying CAI has this and that working, when they don't understand that he does more updates.
    06-15-2012 11:49 AM
    Looks like the device overlays didn't get used, so that should solve most of the reported issues.
    Pkt_Lnt, Va1ha11a, tdm and 2 others like this.
    06-15-2012 12:16 PM
    True. He's all over me with updates. Which is why I really wanted to do a team. I would rather focus on RomKeeper and the ICS kernel project, and let him do at least the CM9 builds.
    I was hoping that was the plan, for you two to team up. thekraven talents are too good to not share, selfish as that sounds.
    I understand you. No rush. The only thing that keeps me from using as a daily is the 3G lock. When on Wifi, I get txt really slow.

What I'm saying about theKraven, is that people come here saying CAI has this and that working, when they don't understand that he does more updates.
    In no way to I mean to say that one is better than the other, just different. I am eager to test what I can and provide feedback to improve it for everyone. I was just fortunate enough to get some of his last builds that are stable and responsive enough to run as a daily.
    06-15-2012 12:16 PM
    Looks like the device overlays didn't get used, so that should solve most of the reported issues.
    Yeah exactly. Already fixed and an update is on the way shortly.
    06-15-2012 12:20 PM
    Would you produce build instructions? I can debootstrap Ubuntu, apt-get the packages that the Android documentation requests (installing the Sun JDK manually) and do a chroot, but I can't seem to get it to build:

root@desktop:~/cm9# lunch full-eng
    Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "build/tools/roomservice.py", line 16, in <module>
    device = product[product.index("_") + 1:]
    ValueError: substring not found

** Don't have a product spec for: 'full'
    ** Do you have the right repo manifest?
    06-15-2012 12:37 PM
    What are the chances of the next update having limaro optimization?
    I really dont wanna pressure you..

06-15-2012 12:37 PM
    Yeah exactly. Already fixed and an update is on the way shortly.
    Wow man your on it . Definitely appreciate the hard work y'all doing can't wait for the update. Gonna get while I'm at work I'll be checking for it
    tdm likes this.
    06-15-2012 01:06 PM
    Benchmark to prove it?
    Linaro is mostly cpu optimization for pandaboard

Isn't limited to just the pandaboard. That was just the test hardware. Will work across most ARM chips with a few tweaks.

Also I do not wish to pressure tdm as well but. the boost can't hurt. I'll be patient until he hooks us up.
    06-15-2012 01:12 PM
    What are the chances of the next update having limaro optimization?
    I really dont wanna pressure you..

It's still in the CyanogenMod review process getting ironed out or squashed. I think it optimizes the build process more than just what the end user sees.
    06-15-2012 01:14 PM
    Lock screen music controls work, but the album art is cut off. I thought it was supposed to be like that forever, until I saw it on a gnex.

Sent from my VM670 using Xparent ICS Blue Tapatalk 2
    tdm likes this.
    06-15-2012 01:49 PM
    For anyone interested, both Hanging with Friends and Scramble with Friends now work properly without crashing. Previously, Hanging with Friends crashed when trying to start a game and Scramble with Friends crashed between games.
    06-15-2012 01:50 PM
    Whoa, this beta is SMOOTH. I'm impressed! (Not sure if it's the difference between CM9 and AOKP that makes it smooth to me though). I didn't even get to do the kernel tweaks yet.

Edit: Roaming indicator off, keyboard chopped off. Also, the zxing barcode scanner works, but is really choppy (hope it can get fixed!).
    06-15-2012 01:56 PM
    Would you produce build instructions? I can debootstrap Ubuntu, apt-get the packages that the Android documentation requests (installing the Sun JDK manually) and do a chroot, but I can't seem to get it to build:
    dont run a full-eng. PM me and ill help you out so we dont clutter this already cluttered thread
    06-15-2012 01:56 PM
    Can I just change the manifest URL in ROM Keeper from VM670 to LS670 and get updates?

Ah, in typing the reply to @ilovefarts, the light bulb went on.

http://goo.im/devs/tdm/roms/quattrimus/LS670

Ilovefarts likes this.
    06-15-2012 01:57 PM
    Quick question. I've never flashed or installed a nightie, do you do this from recovery or can you do this from a file manager? Sorry if I sound like a noob. I appreciate the hard work. Also, would you recommend a full wipe if you were to flash beta1pre1 from alpha10? Just curious or is a dirty flash ok
    06-15-2012 02:16 PM
    Quick question. I've never flashed or installed a nightie, do you do this from recovery or can you do this from a file manager? Sorry if I sound like a noob. I appreciate the hard work. Also, would you recommend a full wipe if you were to flash beta1pre1 from alpha10? Just curious or is a dirty flash ok
    See my post above yours.

In goo.im, you can get romkeeper from tdm's list (the link Goo.im Downloads - Browsing quattrimus). Also the ROM and rdiff are there. It is setup for VM670 I believe, and rom keeper will handle it. This is what I have come to understand. Searching fro romkeeper on AC keeps coming back to this thread.
    Ilovefarts likes this.
    06-15-2012 02:24 PM
    They are coming soon. Good to hear someone using debootstrap. Are you using schroot also? debootstrap+schroot is a killer combo.
    06-15-2012 02:26 PM
    can someone help! my phone keeps rebooting like every 10 mins.:/ would the zv9 update help to stablize the rom? or the v6 supercharger script?
    06-15-2012 02:26 PM
    Can I just change the manifest URL in ROM Keeper from VM670 to LS670 and get updates?

Ah, in typing the reply to @ilovefarts, the light bulb went on.

Goo.im Downloads - Browsing LS670

I'll be setting up a manifest for LS670 and VS660 shortly. I'm testing VM670 right now...
    Va1ha11a and Pkt_Lnt like this.
    06-15-2012 02:28 PM
    What is cm9 nightly?
    06-15-2012 02:32 PM
    faster updates may be unstable
    06-15-2012 02:34 PM
    on tdms goo IM page are we supposed to install the knightly on to of the beta 1 pre 1

06-15-2012 02:52 PM
8,044 ... 244245246247248 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD