07-05-2012 12:33 AM
8,044 ... 245246247248249 ...
tools
    I updated the VM670 manifest for RomKeeper and did a test download and install. Everything looks good. The delta downloaded, applied to the beta1pre1 zip, and verified. Install succeeded. Keyboard looks good now, as does the lock screen text. The device assert looks good but I can't test it because I still have a "thunderc" recovery.

LS670 and VS660 manifests have been created in RomKeeper. Please give them a try.

NOTE: the full nightly ROM is not posted. You must have beta1pre1 on your sdcard to successfully apply the nightly delta.

Let the fun begin!
    06-15-2012 01:55 PM
    OK I just got romkeeper-debug.apk how does this work I usually just download the rom wipe and flash. Please excuse my noobness in regards to this

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums
    06-15-2012 02:00 PM
    I updated the VM670 manifest for RomKeeper and did a test download and install. Everything looks good. The delta downloaded, applied to the beta1pre1 zip, and verified. Install succeeded. Keyboard looks good now, as does the lock screen text. The device assert looks good but I can't test it because I still have a "thunderc" recovery.

LS670 and VS660 manifests have been created in RomKeeper. Please give them a try.

NOTE: the full nightly ROM is not posted. You must have beta1pre1 on your sdcard to successfully apply the nightly delta.

Let the fun begin!
    So just flash the nightly without wiping?

06-15-2012 02:01 PM
    thanks! I don't see a manifest, does that mean just install the nightly? I'm on beta pre 1.
    06-15-2012 02:01 PM
    thanks! I don't see a manifest, does that mean just install the nightly? I'm on beta pre 1.
    Start RomKeeper and then hit menu, refresh. You should see something. If not, either your net connection is not working or I screwed up.
    06-15-2012 02:03 PM
    So just flash the nightly without wiping?

That's a personal decision.
    06-15-2012 02:04 PM
    Whoa, this beta is SMOOTH. I'm impressed! (Not sure if it's the difference between CM9 and AOKP that makes it smooth to me though). I didn't even get to do the kernel tweaks yet.

Edit: Roaming indicator off, keyboard chopped off. Also, the zxing barcode scanner works, but is really choppy (hope it can get fixed!).
    ok im lost,where is this beta? looked on page 1,but still alpha 10. and no i haven't been reading much except to check tdms updates,so im not sure if the quote is in reference to a beta release or sonething else entirely.

06-15-2012 02:05 PM
    So I just noticed that the speaker phone doesn't work. I see that's been discussed previously in this thread, I was wondering if there's any chance of that getting fixed? I'm pretty sure it's a CM9-wide problem on all the phones though from what I gathered. I was just wondering if that's an issue that's in the "To Do" pile or if it's just not gonna happen?

And as always, thanks for the awesome ROM!
    06-15-2012 02:06 PM
    See my post above yours.

In goo.im, you can get romkeeper from tdm's list (the link Goo.im Downloads - Browsing quattrimus). Also the ROM and rdiff are there. It is setup for VM670 I believe, and rom keeper will handle it. This is what I have come to understand. Searching fro romkeeper on AC keeps coming back to this thread.

Right after I posted, my Romkeeper updated. TDM is super fast! Thanks

PS: I like the new boot animation.
    06-15-2012 02:08 PM
    Start RomKeeper and then hit menu, refresh. You should see something. If not, either your net connection is not working or I screwed up.
    Blank screen.

Settings, manfest URL shows - Index of /~vmstorage/romkeeper
    06-15-2012 02:09 PM
    ok im lost,where is this beta? looked on page 1,but still alpha 10. and no i haven't been reading much except to check tdms updates,so im not sure if the quote is in reference to a beta release or sonething else entirely.

Beta isn't out, but we're in prebeta testing right now.

You have the choice of downloading from these pages:
    Index of /~vmstorage/quattrimus/VM670
    Goo.im Downloads - Browsing VM670

Or installing ROM Keeper and downloading/installing from there:
    http://vmroms.com/~vmstorage/romkeep...eper-debug.apk

Blank screen.

Ya, I had that same problem too. I installed it, and uninstalled it, then installed it again, and nothing. Refresh doesn't work, manifest URL is correct, etc. Even a backup before (I think) I installed it, and it still won't work. I gave up and manually downloaded and flashed, and then installed it on prebeta1, and it works there for me; but it won't work / won't work well, on alpha10 (aokp) for me.

--------------

Here is where I am on testing (VM670):

Keyboard cutting off problem (unless you already fixed).
    Roadming indicator off (unless you already fixed).
    Zxing barcode scanner now works, but is really choppy.
    Camera works, but video (press record), and the landscape portrait icon thingie cause the camera to crash.
    curtis1973 likes this.
    06-15-2012 02:12 PM
    Blank screen.

Can you paste the output from "adb shell getprop ro.product.model"?
    06-15-2012 02:19 PM
    OK this is what I got found it on romkeeper downloaded or it says fetch then I go to install and nothing . Did I miss something

06-15-2012 02:20 PM
    Cleaned up that whole respect/disrespect silliness. Back to my jello shots.
    06-15-2012 02:21 PM
    OK this is what I got found it on romkeeper downloaded or it says fetch then I go to install and nothing . Did I miss something

Ya, I'm not sure the nightly I clicked on downloaded and installed either. I clicked download and it was nearly instantly done, and I clicked install, and it didn't say anything, but it says present now, but I still see the keyboard cutoff, even after restarting (I THINK it was fixed in nightly, correct me if I'm wrong).
    06-15-2012 02:22 PM
    Installed beta1pre1. Looked great, but had several freezes that either force rebooted or required me to perform a battery cycle. The most recent was when beginning to type a message in SMS, using the stock Message app and Swype; this was not the first time I'd used either app.

Back to alpha10-aokp for now.
    06-15-2012 02:23 PM
    Can you paste the output from "adb shell getprop ro.product.model"?

>adb shell
    root@android:/ # getprop ro.product.model
    getprop ro.product.model
    LS-LS670
    root@android:/ #
    06-15-2012 02:27 PM
    Cleaned up that whole respect/disrespect silliness. Back to my jello shots.
    Would you clean up the profanity in the quote of your post on the other thread too, while you have the broom and dustpan working?
    06-15-2012 02:28 PM
    Do we download the delta rom or pre beta Rom ?

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk
    06-15-2012 02:29 PM
    >adb shell
    root@android:/ # getprop ro.product.model
    getprop ro.product.model
    LS-LS670
    root@android:/ #
    Oh, that's why. You're on CAI and thekraven has a typo in his model name.

I added a manifest for LS-LS670, please retry.
    06-15-2012 02:32 PM
    Oh, that's why. You're on CAI and thekraven has a typo in his model name.

I added a manifest for LS-LS670, please retry.
    Bingo! That did it, fetching both now. Great help, thanks. I'll apply the rdiff and report.

So, this will update the pre1beta1 zip each day and then just reflash that to test it what this looks like, correct.
    06-15-2012 02:36 PM
    Bingo! That did it, fetching both now. Great help, thanks. I'll apply the rdiff and report.

So, this will update the pre1beta1 zip each day and then just reflash that to test it what this looks like, correct.
    Glad it worked.

Yes, just download beta1pre1 and then you can fetch the nightlies using it as a base.

It'll probably be a couple days before I get a totally automated nightly update though.
    06-15-2012 02:42 PM
    Glad it worked.

Yes, just download beta1pre1 and then you can fetch the nightlies using it as a base.

It'll probably be a couple days before I get a totally automated nightly update though.
    I have questions about rom keeper, not wanting to flood the thread, searching for a tutorial or wiki gives me nada. Looks like others need to learn how this works as well.

Have both downloaded, but clicking install under either does nothing. Does that have to be the installed ROM, or just have the prebeta zip on the SD to manually apply the rdiff?
    inceyet and arnold1997 like this.
    06-15-2012 02:51 PM
    currently using beta+ latest patch from romkeeper - so far NO reboots, smooth performance, most issues gone - with the exception that the mic seems to not work, which is a problem. Doesn't seem like other people have this issue? otherwise totally usable.
    tdm likes this.
    06-15-2012 02:57 PM
    currently using beta+ latest patch from romkeeper - so far NO reboots, smooth performance, most issues gone - with the exception that the mic seems to not work, which is a problem. Doesn't seem like other people have this issue? otherwise totally usable.
    I have the mic problem too lol

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2
    06-15-2012 02:58 PM
8,044 ... 245246247248249 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD