07-05-2012 12:33 AM
8,044 ... 2324252627 ...
tools
    i flashed alpha 5, and everytime i try calling someone, a message pops up saying

" unfortunately, the process com.android.phone has stopped "

but i can still hear the person on the phone.

What should i do? or is this a bug?
    02-22-2012 10:00 PM
    duisd you check the MD5?
    02-22-2012 10:28 PM
    i flashed alpha 5, and everytime i try calling someone, a message pops up saying

" unfortunately, the process com.android.phone has stopped "

but i can still hear the person on the phone.

What should i do? or is this a bug?
    See if you can check to see if the microphone is working. I am not sure what message you might get if it wasn't. My favorite tool for checking is the G-Strings guitar tuner.
    If that is the problem, go through the listings and find the fix for the microphone and flash that.
    02-22-2012 10:43 PM
    How can I view the changes made in Alpha 5? :3
    02-22-2012 11:47 PM
    and how do i flash the fix?
    02-23-2012 12:34 AM
    See if you can check to see if the microphone is working. I am not sure what message you might get if it wasn't. My favorite tool for checking is the G-Strings guitar tuner.
    If that is the problem, go through the listings and find the fix for the microphone and flash that.
    and how do i flash the fix?
    02-23-2012 12:36 AM
    Once you have the zip file use your recovery to flash zip from sd
    02-23-2012 01:06 AM
    I was playing with the iscream kernel and accidentally left it in the build yesterday. Sorry. New build today will have gingerkernel again.
    Oh it's not a problem but did you *notice* any significant improvements between the kernel you've been using and iScream kernel?
    02-23-2012 02:07 AM
    Oh it's not a problem but did you *notice* any significant improvements between the kernel you've been using and iScream kernel?
    Missing a word there champ?
    exProphecy likes this.
    02-23-2012 04:09 AM
    oops!
    02-23-2012 04:12 AM
    I flashed it. Its not recognizing my network. Live wallpapers don't work.3g fades in and out. And sometimes the interface is a little laggy. Great start. Glad to see ics
    02-23-2012 05:06 AM
    You can remove /system/app/usbstorage.apk if you don't use it.
    You can also go to manage apps, and then disable instead of deleting the file. i tried through oi file mager and it wouldnt let me so i figured out this way.
    02-23-2012 06:53 AM
    You can also go to manage apps, and then disable instead of deleting the file. i tried through oi file mager and it wouldnt let me so i figured out this way.
    You try to delete with root?

Sent from your mom's phone.
    02-23-2012 07:04 AM
    With the integrated gapps, several sync options are missing from System Settings>Accounts & Sync. Only "Gmail" and "Contacts" were listed.

Once I flashed gapps separately (I used gapps-ics-20120215-signed.zip), "Sync Browser", "Sync Calendar", and "Sync Google Photos" were added.

I think this indicates that the integrated gapps are incomplete or broken.
    02-23-2012 07:29 AM
    With the integrated gapps, several sync options are missing from System Settings>Accounts & Sync. Only "Gmail" and "Contacts" were listed.

Once I flashed gapps separately (I used gapps-ics-20120215-signed.zip), "Sync Browser", "Sync Calendar", and "Sync Google Photos" were added.

I think this indicates that the integrated gapps are incomplete or broken.
    They are incomplete by design. Things are being pulled out all over the place in order to make it small enough to fit on our phones.

Sent from my Optimus V on Harmonia 2.
    brotherswing likes this.
    02-23-2012 07:53 AM
    After some interest, I've decided to share the theme for Quattrimus I made.
    JacobK, Mack07018 and JerryScript like this.
    02-23-2012 07:56 AM
    Which gapps should I add to get my calender to sync with google? I'm back on backside partly because I need my calender

Sent from my Optimistic Optimus
    02-23-2012 08:59 AM
    Which gapps should I add to get my calender to sync with google? I'm back on backside partly because I need my calender

Sent from my Optimistic Optimus
    Any of them should work, just go to accounts&sync then go to your gmail.com under manage aacounts and check what Google apps you wish to sync

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk
    02-23-2012 09:31 AM
    They are incomplete by design. Things are being pulled out all over the place in order to make it small enough to fit on our phones.
    Thanks, that makes sense. Still, it seems unlikely to me that calendar sync was intentionally removed, especially since the calendar app itself is left in place. (Browser sync and photo sync I could see as being pruned.)

I only wanted to point it out so that LeslieAnn (who I believe created the optimized gapps) and/or TDM are aware of what seems (to me) to be a bug.

If it is intentional, that's fine.
    02-23-2012 10:27 AM
    Along with the battery status style, the alternate signal display won't change if you try a different option from the menu.
    02-23-2012 10:50 AM
    Thanks, that makes sense. Still, it seems unlikely to me that calendar sync was intentionally removed, especially since the calendar app itself is left in place. (Browser sync and photo sync I could see as being pruned.)

I only wanted to point it out so that LeslieAnn (who I believe created the optimized gapps) and/or TDM are aware of what seems (to me) to be a bug.

If it is intentional, that's fine.
    Yes I pulled out the same files that LeslieAnn did. If that is causing issues, I can put them back in again. But I'll need to hunt for more space savings to compensate.
    Masema likes this.
    02-23-2012 11:12 AM
    Yes I pulled out the same files that LeslieAnn did. If that is causing issues, I can put them back in again. But I'll need to hunt for more space savings to compensate.
    Well the only issue (with the integrated gapps) that I'm aware of is the calendar sync not being available. It seems to work otherwise, so perhaps it's not worth worrying about. People who want to can flash a regular gapps. On the other hand, if whatever it is that enables calendar sync isn't TOO big...
    02-23-2012 01:24 PM
    Hmm.. the bootanimation isn't looking so hot. I tried it on my phone and it doesn't even get to finish. (It's a very long bootanimation, has 2 parts). I'm having trouble resizing it, because when I do it just shows up as a black screen. I'll keep trying, yet I'm not really seeing any "amazingness" to it.
    02-23-2012 01:43 PM
    I think the boot animation was super smooth in the first couple alpha's, then they started to be choppy... don't know what happened but hope this helped
    02-23-2012 01:48 PM
    Oh no, you misunderstood me my fault.
    I'm trying to get the brand new CM9 bootanimation to work on our phones, but it's too long.

What you're experiencing is that tdm used my bootanimation first, (the smooth one) but it was too big so he used a "slimmed down" one for a replacement. The replacement one is a little more choppy and not as smooth, but hey, it gets us more room

@tdm: I don't know if we'll be able to put this new bootanimation on the ROM as of right now. It's 6.6 mb. I'm sure after a little resizing it will be a little more slimmed, yet there's no telling..
    02-23-2012 01:54 PM
8,044 ... 2324252627 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD