07-05-2012 12:33 AM
8,044 ... 248249250251252 ...
tools
    They are coming soon. Good to hear someone using debootstrap. Are you using schroot also? debootstrap+schroot is a killer combo.
    I have thought about using schroot, but I usually chroot manually.
    06-15-2012 05:31 PM
    no luck with rom keeper i guess ill just stick with mirage
    06-15-2012 05:43 PM
    How do u know if the update from rom keeper worked?

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums
    06-15-2012 05:44 PM
    i know this has been talked about before but Link2SD isnt working for me. It tells me "Mount scripy cannot be created. mount: Device or resource busy". Can someone post the thread link or explain for me. Thanks in advance
    06-15-2012 05:45 PM
    You shouldn't be able to flash the delta. It's just a delta -- a patch. So if you downloaded it, just delete it. Unless you want to play with rdiff on your PC.
    @tdm
    Still battling onward through the fog....

In RomKeeper, I "fetched" the beta pre zip flashed fine in drews old CWMT recovery, but not in his new Cannibal, that I reported the issues on the asserts.

In RomKeeper, it shows the nightly as a zip, so I "fetched" it as well. It flashed fine in drews new Cannibal so the asserts are changed.

Note the screenshots below.
    The beta pre zip and the nightly zip are slightly different sizes. (?) Maybe the diff is not getting applied in RomKeeper for the LS670 build and that is why one will flash in drews thunderc recovery and the other will not? Might be just a w.a.g. on my part there.
    suku92 likes this.
    06-15-2012 05:47 PM
    How do u know if the update from rom keeper worked?

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums
    if your mic works it worked, also it should throw up a few screens on boot if I remember right
    06-15-2012 05:47 PM
    Besides seeing if your keyboard is in proper dimensions and is not cut off, go to About Phone in settings and verify that your build date is Fri Jun 15 2012 since the nightly was released today.
    Pkt_Lnt likes this.
    06-15-2012 05:48 PM
    are the new updates thru romkeeper only?

has the new AOKP been posted yet?

inquiring minds want to know.
    06-15-2012 05:50 PM
    I used rom keeper to fetch nightly quatt and hit install........ no joy what's up?

sent from my icy cold optimus using inverted T.T.2
    06-15-2012 05:50 PM
    @freakboykevin not entirely sure, but I am using Link2SD and my sd-ext partition is formatted as FAT32 and that works for me, I have always had issues getting Link2SD to work with my OV using ext2 partition so maybe that will help.
    freakboykevin likes this.
    06-15-2012 05:51 PM
    Okay so I downloaded rom keeper nd downloaded nightly but it won't install ?? Any help please

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk
    06-15-2012 05:51 PM
    Its there any way to get the complete update without going through rom keeper,I can't seen to get it to work
    06-15-2012 05:52 PM
    For those having trouble with RomKeeper, make sure that you download the beta1pre1 first, then download nightly, then afterwards install nightly. If you think you did something on accident, I recommend deleting any files downloaded through RomKeeper on your SD card (which should be on the root of the sd card) then try again.

@reaper420 from my understanding, there is no other method at this time, as the update is a delta file and its patched to the beta1pre1 file using RomKeeper, then is flashed to the phone automatically by itself through a reboot.
    reaper420 and tdm like this.
    06-15-2012 05:53 PM
    i know this has been talked about before but Link2SD isnt working for me. It tells me "Mount scripy cannot be created. mount: Device or resource busy". Can someone post the thread link or explain for me. Thanks in advance
    Do not use link2sd with quattrimus.

quattrimus automagically mounts /sd-ext/app over top of /data/app. This serves the same function of link2sd but in a transparent way. It also does the same with dalvik-cache.
    06-15-2012 06:02 PM
    I'm on the beta and downloaded the nightly I hit install but it won't I tried flashing it through recovery but it won't either do you have to download beta1 from romkeeper kuz I did not do that

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk
    06-15-2012 06:03 PM
    @tdm
    Still battling onward through the fog....

In RomKeeper, I "fetched" the beta pre zip flashed fine in drews old CWMT recovery, but not in his new Cannibal, that I reported the issues on the asserts.

In RomKeeper, it shows the nightly as a zip, so I "fetched" it as well. It flashed fine in drews new Cannibal so the asserts are changed.

Note the screenshots below.
    The beta pre zip and the nightly zip are slightly different sizes. (?) Maybe the diff is not getting applied in RomKeeper for the LS670 build and that is why one will flash in drews thunderc recovery and the other will not? Might be just a w.a.g. on my part there.
    That looks good. Except for the nightly saying it's not present when it actually is.

The sizes for beta1pre1 and nightly are indeed slightly different, so you're good there.
    06-15-2012 06:05 PM
    are the new updates thru romkeeper only?

has the new AOKP been posted yet?

inquiring minds want to know.
    Nightlies are through romkeeper only. Releases will be made as full ROMs.

No, I'm still working on AOSP and AOKP.
    06-15-2012 06:10 PM
    I used rom keeper to fetch nightly quatt and hit install........ no joy what's up?

sent from my icy cold optimus using inverted T.T.2
    Install may not work correctly, depending on your recovery. Just boot into recovery and flash it like any other ROM.
    rebel69ization likes this.
    06-15-2012 06:11 PM
    Was pretty simple. I went to ROMkeeper, downloaded the pre-beta build. After download, it'll verify. Then download nightly. Again, after download, it'll verify. Once verified, click install. The phone will reboot, install, then reboot again. Once phone boots up, just look at the bottom of your lock screen. If it says Virgin Mobile, then it worked.

Sent from my ZombieICS-VM670 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2
    tdm and Pkt_Lnt like this.
    06-15-2012 06:12 PM
    Do not use link2sd with quattrimus.

quattrimus automagically mounts /sd-ext/app over top of /data/app. This serves the same function of link2sd but in a transparent way. It also does the same with dalvik-cache.
    Does that mean that i have to reinstall my current apps so they are moved to /sd-ext/app? or are they automcatically moved for me?
    06-15-2012 06:14 PM
    If anyone is still having trouble with getting the nightly, don't worry. I plan to have beta1 finalized Mon or Tue, and a new version of RomKeeper shortly thereafter that tries to give better feedback.

Sorry for the bumpy ride. I know it can be frustrating, but the result is going to be awesome. And .. well .. it is alpha right now...
    06-15-2012 06:16 PM
    Does that mean that i have to reinstall my current apps so they are moved to /sd-ext/app? or are they automcatically moved for me?
    So here's the way it works.

If your /data/app has any apps in it, the script will not mount /sd-ext/app over it. This is to ensure your apps in /data/app don't seem to "disappear".

So if you want to keep the apps in /data/app without doing a complete wipe and restore, just move all of the *.apk files from /data/app to /sd-ext/app, then reboot.
    freakboykevin and iman2go like this.
    06-15-2012 06:18 PM
    So I flashed prebeta and it worked fine. Booted into recovery and flashed ics reloaded and upon reboot was met with constant system ui has stopped working errors. Anyone else had this?
    06-15-2012 06:37 PM
    So here's the way it works.

If your /data/app has any apps in it, the script will not mount /sd-ext/app over it. This is to ensure your apps in /data/app don't seem to "disappear".

So if you want to keep the apps in /data/app without doing a complete wipe and restore, just move all of the *.apk files from /data/app to /sd-ext/app, then reboot.
    I did a complete wipe and restore and all teh apps were in /sd-ext/app... but when i checked in data/app, the apps were there too. Is that supposed to be like that?
    06-15-2012 06:49 PM
    I did a complete wipe and restore and all teh apps were in /sd-ext/app... but when i checked in data/app, the apps were there too. Is that supposed to be like that?
    Yes. That's what I meant by mounting on top of /data/app. The sdext files are overlaid on top of data/app so they show in both places.
    freakboykevin likes this.
    06-15-2012 07:02 PM
8,044 ... 248249250251252 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD