07-05-2012 01:33 AM
8,044 ... 252253254255256 ...
tools
    So far so good. I've noticed I've had a little trouble with Instagram still not loading properly, but a quick force close and it works just fine. Pulse news isn't FCing anymore which is awesome and Flipboard works great. Smooth sailing everything for myself works just wonderfully. Thanks so much TDM.

I am not sure if it's something being worked on or if there's a step within the ICS as a whole, but how do you make the icons for the extra apps show on the lockscreen? Say I wanted to go from my lockscreen to Google+ and added the shortcut to the lockscreen, how can I make that icon show instead of dragging my cursor over to that said spot. I'm tired so I hope my question makes sense.
    06-16-2012 02:26 AM
    So far so good. I've noticed I've had a little trouble with Instagram still not loading properly, but a quick force close and it works just fine. Pulse news isn't FCing anymore which is awesome and Flipboard works great. Smooth sailing everything for myself works just wonderfully. Thanks so much TDM.

I am not sure if it's something being worked on or if there's a step within the ICS as a whole, but how do you make the icons for the extra apps show on the lockscreen? Say I wanted to go from my lockscreen to Google+ and added the shortcut to the lockscreen, how can I make that icon show instead of dragging my cursor over to that said spot. I'm tired so I hope my question makes sense.
    Did you save it? Bottom right, looks like this old antique thing called a floppy disc.
    Ilovefarts likes this.
    06-16-2012 02:41 AM
    Romkeeper is not showing anything....I can't download the beta update....does it have anything to do with coldasice (kraven) cm9 being installed on my phone right now?
    06-16-2012 02:50 AM
    Romkeeper is not showing anything....I can't download the beta update....does it have anything to do with coldasice (kraven) cm9 being installed on my phone right now?
    Goo.im Downloads - Browsing quattrimus

Download his pre-beta and flash it, install Romkeeper, refresh and it should show pre-beta and nightly1, it seems you need to download pre-beta then nightly1 to install the nightly.
    06-16-2012 03:09 AM
    So I flashed prebeta and it worked fine. Booted into recovery and flashed ics reloaded and upon reboot was met with constant system ui has stopped working errors. Anyone else had this?
    Nvm - several already informed you this was known issue and that dev dropped the project
    06-16-2012 03:16 AM
    I have a question. Could the CPU deep sleep problem be causing me to receive my txt messages late? Because I notice as my device goes idle and the screen is off that even the clock stops and resumes after I wake my phone. Then I start receiving txt messaged people sent to me prior to me putting the phone to sleep. For example, If i turn off the screen at 1:00 then wake it at 1:05, the clock still says 1:00 then changes to the correct time after a few seconds. Then i receive my txts which were sent to me at 1:00, after i wake the phone. Any fixes?

This has been happening on all the previous releases too
    06-16-2012 03:33 AM
    To get MMS working change these 3 lines in the build.prop.

ro.cdma.home.operator.numeric=310120 to ro.cdma.home.operator.numeric=311490

gsm.sim.operator.numeric=310120 to gsm.sim.operator.numeric=311490

gsm.operator.numeric=310120 to gsm.operator.numeric=311490
    06-16-2012 04:18 AM
    Quick question, does the bluetooth still not work w/calls? This is like the only thing that's preventing me from trying it out, I really need hands-free in the car (use it a lot). If someone knows some sort of other workaround, that'd be great also.

Also, keep up the great work tdm .
    06-16-2012 04:55 AM
    Quick question, does the bluetooth still not work w/calls? This is like the only thing that's preventing me from trying it out, I really need hands-free in the car (use it a lot). If someone knows some sort of other workaround, that'd be great also.

Also, keep up the great work tdm .
    as far as I know, it still does not work and I don't believe there is any known workaround....

Sent from my Cybertronian QuattrOV using Tapatalk 2000 (Now With Teleka-Typing!!!!)
    spacewhale91 likes this.
    06-16-2012 07:27 AM
    Sooo... um, is this Beta or not??
    06-16-2012 10:42 AM
    Sooo... um, is this Beta or not??
    I will release beta1 next week.

beta1pre1 and the nightlies are intended to flush out most of the issues with the recent changes. Call it beta or not, your choice.
    06-16-2012 10:47 AM
    06-16-2012 11:23 AM
    OK, I don't know if this came up before, but rom keeper doesn't seem to install the rom once its downloaded. I hit install and nothing happens. Do I need to give rom keeper root access somehow because it never asks for SU? Any suggestions?
    06-16-2012 11:26 AM
    OK, I don't know if this came up before, but rom keeper doesn't seem to install the rom once its downloaded. I hit install and nothing happens. Do I need to give rom keeper root access somehow because it never asks for SU? Any suggestions?
    The install function may not work, so I'd it doesn't, just install normally.
    iman2go and perin.lionshead like this.
    06-16-2012 11:30 AM
    Tested Beta out. I had a couple force closes, and lag here and there.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2
    jto101680 likes this.
    06-16-2012 11:40 AM
    Is there a specific recovery that we should be using? Or ones we should refrain from?
    I'm on the VM670NH right now. I got the beta to install fine, but the Delta says failed, (bad)?
    Is this a recovery issue?

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums
    06-16-2012 11:45 AM
    For anyone having problems with romkeeper, I had to uninstall then install again for it to update with pre beta 1 and the nightly. Also, they will not install if it just says present, it must say verified. Which means you need to download again and let it finish verifying before you end the download. I hope that made sense.

inceyet likes this.
    06-16-2012 11:49 AM
    Did you save it? Bottom right, looks like this old antique thing called a floppy disc.
    I saved it, but I'll try it ok. The locations allow me to enter from lockscreen to those set apps, but the icons don't show. I'm wondering if I have to set something else like a different wallpaper or something.

Ok, so for some reason it won't allow me to use the default icon. For instance, if I choose Instagram, I have to choose either icon from the "gallery" or a "system icon." I'm trying to figure that out. Thanks though.
    06-16-2012 12:03 PM
    Got a question ? tdm says use rom keeper to down load beta trial but has the rom keeper been updated in the past 2 weeks because I'm not getting anything but a blank screen when I launch it.but this was 2 or more weeks ago that I downloaded it. When to the updates appear or are these back to a nightly deal? Sure look forward this beta release. Can anyone tell me whats up?
    06-16-2012 12:14 PM
    Tdm, i got the nightly downloaded finally using romkeeper, had to fetch beta pre1, install, fetch nightly, install. I flashed both on top of beta pre1 i was already running. Everything's super smooth( had to uninstall romkeeper then reinstall to get it to work)
    tdm likes this.
    06-16-2012 12:23 PM
    Got a question ? tdm says use rom keeper to down load beta trial but has the rom keeper been updated in the past 2 weeks because I'm not getting anything but a blank screen when I launch it.but this was 2 or more weeks ago that I downloaded it. When to the updates appear or are these back to a nightly deal? Sure look forward this beta release. Can anyone tell me whats up?
    Just follow what
    jto101680 says. I haven't done it yet I have horrible 3g here at work and as soon as I'm out of here ill be doing just that

For anyone having problems with romkeeper, I had to uninstall then install again for it to update with pre beta 1 and the nightly. Also, they will not install if it just says present, it must say verified. Which means you need to download again and let it finish verifying before you end the download. I hope that made sense.

06-16-2012 12:30 PM
    Beta pre 1 + alt nightly Running great on 2 out of 3 phones. On my anomaly the mic doesn't seem to work. Can hear caller but they can't hear me.
    06-16-2012 12:33 PM
    If I'm off topic, please delete this, but while dealing with the lockscreen, I noticed my default icons of any given app won't show on the lockscreen. So after choosing which app I'd like set in any given spot on the lockscreen, I clicked on the icon and it gives me the option of choosing an icon from the gallery or a system icon. I have a couple of questions. First, why won't it allow me to use the default icon? It appears in the selection process to be very small, but when I choose a system icon it appears normal. Second question, where would I be able to find say a market downloaded icon using a root browser? Thanks for any answers and or guidance.
    06-16-2012 12:34 PM
    Nightly build failed.
    06-16-2012 12:37 PM
    If I'm off topic, please delete this, but while dealing with the lockscreen, I noticed my default icons of any given app won't show on the lockscreen. So after choosing which app I'd like set in any given spot on the lockscreen, I clicked on the icon and it gives me the option of choosing an icon from the gallery or a system icon. I have a couple of questions. First, why won't it allow me to use the default icon? It appears in the selection process to be very small, but when I choose a system icon it appears normal. Second question, where would I be able to find say a market downloaded icon using a root browser? Thanks for any answers and or guidance.
    That has been a CM9 / ICS alpha issue since the lockscreen icons were added a week or so back. It appears to not be fixed yet on their side.
    Ilovefarts likes this.
    06-16-2012 12:43 PM
8,044 ... 252253254255256 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD