07-05-2012 01:33 AM
8,044 ... 268269270271272 ...
tools
    wifi hotspot still not working with Beta1pre3, but I really thank you, so much TDM i love 4.0 and never thought it would be this fast on an 864mhz processor. I thought the minimum was 1.0 ghz?
    tdm likes this.
    06-20-2012 01:34 AM
    thank you so much! do you know where i can find the gapps? sorry for asking for so much.
    In the first link. Where you found the rom. And no prob

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2
    06-20-2012 01:51 AM
    Found the solution to ALL random reboots and Over Clocking issues!!!!

I was messing around with benchmarks one time and saw that during the benchmark the the system would freeze and force a reboot during a memory access. I thought originally it was from the kernel timing but it wasn't! It was from the Dalvik cache!

So I decides to make a sd-ext partition with a huge swap partition, and the system is not COMPLETELY stable with an overclock and 826mhz!! Hope this helps anyone else with Over Clocking or Stability issues!

EDIT: If this was already mentioned(I just remembered I might of saw something on this), please ignore :x
    06-20-2012 03:05 AM
    Can anyone confirm wifi tethering/hotspot working on VM670? with beta1pre3
    06-20-2012 03:09 AM
    I can't use Quattrimus beta1pre3. When it boots, all I get is an error "unfortunately, the process com.android.phone has stopped." When I hit OK, it pops up again. If I hit OK really fast, I can see other boxes behind it: FC messages for settings, calendar, and clock. Nothing else is on the screen except the status bar.

This is after a full triple-pass wipe using Prep_for_new_rom.zip, and a wipe of the sd-ext using update_wiper_1.3.
    06-20-2012 03:30 AM
    I can't use Quattrimus beta1pre3. When it boots, all I get is an error "unfortunately, the process com.android.phone has stopped." When I hit OK, it pops up again. If I hit OK really fast, I can see other boxes behind it: FC messages for settings, calendar, and clock. Nothing else is on the screen except the status bar.

This is after a full triple-pass wipe using Prep_for_new_rom.zip, and a wipe of the sd-ext using update_wiper_1.3.
    Wipe the dalvik cache?

Also try taking out the battery and holding down the power button for 10 seconds. Then reboot
    06-20-2012 03:32 AM
    The feature in the development section which let's me long press the back button to kill the current app doesn't work.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums
    Ryuk6666 likes this.
    06-20-2012 04:23 AM
    The feature in the development section which let's me long press the back button to kill the current app doesn't work.

I can't second this

G-T-R & Quattrimus CM9 Nuff' said.
    (Also, sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2.)
    06-20-2012 04:31 AM
    I noticed that too. Used it alot

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2
    jto101680 likes this.
    06-20-2012 04:32 AM
    I can confirm MMS working on the LS670. Just sent a picture to my dad that he received.

EDIT: Receiving works as well. All on stock messaging app. TDM, your work is much appreciated on this.

Sent from my awesome Optimus S
    tdm likes this.
    06-20-2012 05:02 AM
    Why dont notifications show up in my status bar? I have them turned on.......
    06-20-2012 05:40 AM
    Are you using notifications with the stock apps? Try with no themes and see what happens.

Just tried killing apps with the back button, it was working. Seems you need to keep it pressed longer than before.

This recent commit makes it happen at 2 seconds. https://github.com/CyanogenMod/andro...246671209a0b28
    jto101680 and Pkt_Lnt like this.
    06-20-2012 06:07 AM
    TDM, Is this zip anything like what you want?
    I like it...

Yeah, that looks good, thanks. Except larger and not as many, of course. Any more than twelve risks running into the main bootanimation. I could resize those and take every other one, but it wouldn't come out as well as if you redid the originals.

I suppose we should eventually come up with 2-3 options and vote or something...
    I think this is a great idea.

And while im posting, I would like to take the time to say thank you to tdm,thekraven, and the rest of you that have directly (or indirectly) helped with this project. You guys are amazing...

Sent from my MiRaGe'D Optimus V
    tdm likes this.
    06-20-2012 06:24 AM
    Optimus S, LS670. Clean install on ZVD radio (wiped data & cache). No overclocking.

Wonderful ROM. Thanks TDM & crew!!!

Preliminary testing results follow.

Works:
    3G data speeds tested on DSLReports. Good as ever. ~800kbps (at my house).
    WiFi sensitivity & data speeds tested on DSLReports. Good as ever. ~950kbps (at my house).
    Charging (on PC & AC adapter), Auto-rotate, calls, SMS, MMS, GPS (very fast lock), Bluetooth (with headphone/mic in call-- I didn’t try stereo), USB storage, Camera, Camcorder (but must use MX Video Player for playback), Compass, Proximity sensor (in calls).

User apps working:
    Angry Birds 1.5.3, Apollo, Anymemo 8.3.0, Gas Buddy 2.0, Goggles 1.7.1, Google Play Music 4.1.513, Google Voice 0.4.2.24, Groove IP Lite 1.0.3, IP Cam Viewer Lite, 4.2.7.1, Lookout 7.0-94024ef, Maps 6.8.1, Mortplayer Audio Books 0.9.7a, Voice Search 2.1.4, MusixMatch 3.0.9, MX Video Player 1.5a + Codec ARMv5 VFP 1.5, Our Groceries 2.0.6, Pandora 1.6, Playlist Designer 1.0.5, QuickSettings 1.9.8p2, Scanner Radio 3.1.0.1, Soundhound 2.6.1, Teamviewer 6.0.203, Ultimate Stopwatch 5.0.3, Ulysee Gizmos 1.6.2, , Winamp 1.2.12, Where’s My Droid 3.5.1, YouTube 2.4.4.

Not working properly:
    • FoxFi not able to create a WiFi Hotspot, saying “WiFi mode has failed on your phone. Please try Bluetooth mode instead.” I need a solution.
    • SprintTV 1.0.4.32- App launches. Guide works. Audio works. No video. (Screen is black.) HELP! Need that by football season! :-)
    • ES FileExplorer 1.6.1.6. Mostly works but FTP over WiFi not giving a feasible FTP address within the WiFi router’s DHCP address range.
    • Swype, 2.6.48.12353. Won’t install. I will try to install their beta later.
    tdm and TauSigmaNova like this.
    06-20-2012 07:37 AM
    @acromak

Mms sending to my Gmail account worked perfectly. As I was Able to download and receive the mms I sent to myself via the Messaging app, and Gmail I think it is safe to assume that MMS is working properly!!???

Excellent job tdm!!!
    tdm likes this.
    06-20-2012 08:06 AM
    Hey tdm, I downloaded one of djdarkknight's themed beta Swype apk's (the stock ics one) and I don't know if it's quattrimus doing this to it but it looks all weird... Is it quattrimus not playing Nice with it, or is it maybe just his theme when he updated to the new HD images? It might also be a bad download but I'm not sure. Any ideas tdm? Sorry for bothering you. :/ haven't had a single problem with this ROM at all. I'm loving it alot, it's come a long way since alpha 8 (which is how long I've been using it ) anyways, amazing work tdm your a truly outstanding person.

06-20-2012 08:33 AM
    Are you using notifications with the stock apps? Try with no themes and see what happens.

Just tried killing apps with the back button, it was working. Seems you need to keep it pressed longer than before.

This recent commit makes it happen at 2 seconds. https://github.com/CyanogenMod/andro...246671209a0b28
    Yes, e-mail, messaging, etc, all stock, and nothing shows up........

sent from my icy cold optimus using inverted T.T.2
    06-20-2012 09:37 AM
    Optimus S, LS670. Clean install on ZVD radio (wiped data & cache). No overclocking.

Wonderful ROM. Thanks TDM & crew!!!

Preliminary testing results follow.

Works:
    3G data speeds tested on DSLReports. Good as ever. ~800kbps (at my house).
    WiFi sensitivity & data speeds tested on DSLReports. Good as ever. ~950kbps (at my house).
    Charging (on PC & AC adapter), Auto-rotate, calls, SMS, MMS, GPS (very fast lock), Bluetooth (with headphone/mic in call-- I didn’t try stereo), USB storage, Camera, Camcorder (but must use MX Video Player for playback), Compass, Proximity sensor (in calls).

User apps working:
    Angry Birds 1.5.3, Apollo, Anymemo 8.3.0, Gas Buddy 2.0, Goggles 1.7.1, Google Play Music 4.1.513, Google Voice 0.4.2.24, Groove IP Lite 1.0.3, IP Cam Viewer Lite, 4.2.7.1, Lookout 7.0-94024ef, Maps 6.8.1, Mortplayer Audio Books 0.9.7a, Voice Search 2.1.4, MusixMatch 3.0.9, MX Video Player 1.5a + Codec ARMv5 VFP 1.5, Our Groceries 2.0.6, Pandora 1.6, Playlist Designer 1.0.5, QuickSettings 1.9.8p2, Scanner Radio 3.1.0.1, Soundhound 2.6.1, Teamviewer 6.0.203, Ultimate Stopwatch 5.0.3, Ulysee Gizmos 1.6.2, , Winamp 1.2.12, Where’s My Droid 3.5.1, YouTube 2.4.4.

Not working properly:
    • FoxFi not able to create a WiFi Hotspot, saying “WiFi mode has failed on your phone. Please try Bluetooth mode instead.” I need a solution.
    • SprintTV 1.0.4.32- App launches. Guide works. Audio works. No video. (Screen is black.) HELP! Need that by football season! :-)
    • ES FileExplorer 1.6.1.6. Mostly works but FTP over WiFi not giving a feasible FTP address within the WiFi router’s DHCP address range.
    • Swype, 2.6.48.12353. Won’t install. I will try to install their beta later.

the swype beta works wonderfully. I have had it installed for the last 3 quat betas.
    06-20-2012 09:38 AM
    Hey tdm, I downloaded one of djdarkknight's themed beta Swype apk's (the stock ics one) and I don't know if it's quattrimus doing this to it but it looks all weird... Is it quattrimus not playing Nice with it, or is it maybe just his theme when he updated to the new HD images? It might also be a bad download but I'm not sure. Any ideas tdm? Sorry for bothering you. :/ haven't had a single problem with this ROM at all. I'm loving it alot, it's come a long way since alpha 8 (which is how long I've been using it ) anyways, amazing work tdm your a truly outstanding person.
    Click to view quoted image

The problem is that the .9.png's used to create the keyboard are too big and are crossing over each other creating that white line (sorta like when you hold up two semi transparent things and partially overlap them). It could be a problem with the aurora theme you are using, but I highly doubt it because I didn't theme swype and I doubt that swype draws from the framework images.

Try applying stock theme, rebooting, and then see how the keyboard looks without any themes. If it looks the same, I would assume that the keyboard isn't quite working for MDPI and that's the cause of your problem.

I am absolutely sure this is not a problem with the rom though.
    jto101680, tdm and Ryuk6666 like this.
    06-20-2012 09:44 AM
    Found the solution to ALL random reboots and Over Clocking issues!!!!

I was messing around with benchmarks one time and saw that during the benchmark the the system would freeze and force a reboot during a memory access. I thought originally it was from the kernel timing but it wasn't! It was from the Dalvik cache!

So I decides to make a sd-ext partition with a huge swap partition, and the system is not COMPLETELY stable with an overclock and 826mhz!! Hope this helps anyone else with Over Clocking or Stability issues!

EDIT: If this was already mentioned(I just remembered I might of saw something on this), please ignore :x

i am having many problems of random reboots and crashes. I'm not informed on SD-Card Partitions.. and the whole kernel thing is fuzzy for me. Other than that, i know a decent amount about rooting and stuff. i am using AOKP because i love customizing everything, and i overclocked to only 787Mhz because i thought it was randomly rebooting because i overclocked it to 826Mhz. But it still randomly reboots and it is very annoying and frusturating. Could you walk me through how to fix this? i would really appreciate this.
    06-20-2012 10:21 AM
    I'm also having problems with constant rebooting. I'm using beta 1 pre 3. I have the phone set to 600Mhz and the minimum is set to 480Mhz using SmartassV2. I didn't have any serious problems with reboots until this version. Strange.
    06-20-2012 10:28 AM
    So, running the newest b3 and Ive noticed something weird. Usually when in stock messaging app, I can click on the contact an it would normally bring up a dialogue box that I could call the contact from.
    I deleted the message and started a new thread, pulling up a name from my contact list. Typed a message an it sent fine.
    But when I click on the contact in the window, it states contact doesn't exist as opposed to bringing up the normal window??
    again, I have verified all my actual contacts are there. Its not that big of deal if it can't be fixed, it just saved a step to calling someone

06-20-2012 10:34 AM
    I'm also having problems with constant rebooting. I'm using beta 1 pre 3. I have the phone set to 600Mhz and the minimum is set to 480Mhz using SmartassV2. I didn't have any serious problems with reboots until this version. Strange.
    which baseband do you have? zv4, zv5, or zv9? not sure if zv9 is supported here but i've heard it has some issues in other roms
    06-20-2012 10:38 AM
    i am having many problems of random reboots and crashes. I'm not informed on SD-Card Partitions.. and the whole kernel thing is fuzzy for me. Other than that, i know a decent amount about rooting and stuff. i am using AOKP because i love customizing everything, and i overclocked to only 787Mhz because i thought it was randomly rebooting because i overclocked it to 826Mhz. But it still randomly reboots and it is very annoying and frusturating. Could you walk me through how to fix this? i would really appreciate this.

try lowering your max clock frequency. try stock first. if it doesnt reboot with stock then go up. also the safe minimum for the ov is 480 from what i've read. anything lower can cause reboots.
    06-20-2012 10:40 AM
    I have zv5 on my phone. Originally I was going to upgrade to zv9 but decided it would be best to wait. I switched to msm7k from smartassv2 to see if that will help.
    06-20-2012 10:43 AM
8,044 ... 268269270271272 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD