ARCHIVED: [ROM][ALPHA] quattrimus ICS

Status
Not open for further replies.

sellers86

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
Thanks guys, I'll give them a go. Quick question though, how do you set your user agent to desktop? I've never had to do this so I haven't paid attention to it. And then the memory options? Another thing I've never had to do. I'll still give it a go and report back. Thanks a million.

Go into browser, then click your menu button, then click request desktop site

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Ilovefarts

birdgofly

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
3G toggle is located under Settings - Data Usage on AOKP. It is called Mobile Data, but essentially turns on and off the 3G radio.

Rob

I believe defcon545 was talking about a 3g toggle in the notification toggle area.. it's inexplicably not an option, which is why, even though I really liked AOKP, I can't use it.. I hate having to go deep into the settings menus to turn on and off my 3G.

jto101680

May 15, 2012
Visit site
I was using CM9 for a week or so and it began to fc and reboot quite often. I reflashed and ran into the same problems. I ended up flashing aokp and its been much more cooperative. Im thinking some of the extra tweaks in aokp help. Im oc'd at 748-122 and only have fcs in the market. I have a feeling however my cache and such will build over time and without a partition I'll be in the same boat.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

sellers86

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
I was using CM9 for a week or so and it began to fc and reboot quite often. I reflashed and ran into the same problems. I ended up flashing aokp and its been much more cooperative. Im thinking some of the extra tweaks in aokp help. Im oc'd at 748-122 and only have fcs in the market. I have a feeling however my cache and such will build over time and without a partition I'll be in the same boat.

Up your min oc to like 480. Having it that low does nothing for you

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

suku92

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
Hey everybody, I've been having FCs and Force restarts all the time for the last week. Someone suggested I should keep it OC'ed at 320-787 with SMARTASSV2 as the governor compared to 245-787 with INTERACTIVEX. I've been on day 3 with just one restart, compared to half a dozen. I recommend you try it, maybe that will help! No lags, no FCs and barely any restarts!

Hope I can help.

Reactions: reaper420

defcon545

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
I believe defcon545 was talking about a 3g toggle in the notification toggle area.. it's inexplicably not an option, which is why, even though I really liked AOKP, I can't use it.. I hate having to go deep into the settings menus to turn on and off my 3G.

Exactly, i have no issues using a widget, however i really like the idea of turning on/off the 3g wherever i may happen to be on the phone. I have used the 3g status bar toggle on the Quattrimus roms, but i believe that was before the fork to CM9/AOKP/AOSP which is why im not sure if it is just hidden somewhere, or is out of the coding for AOKP? (If that is the correct term)

arnold1997

Jan 12, 2012
Visit site
Hey Arnold 1997, I have a question. Isn't CAI (Cold as Ice) also on the Optimus V?

You can flash the same Optimus S CAI on the Optimus V but there isnt a specific build for the Optimus V. Everything will still work except MMS but there is a workaround using Go Sms Pro.
I didn't think it would do anything, but...wait a second...just sent and recieved MMS successfully as I was typing this.

In GoSMS, go to Settings > MMS settings, check Fill APN configuration manually, set MMSC to http://mmsc.vmobl.com:8088/mms? MMS PROXY = 205.239.233.136 and MMS PORT to 81

edit -- I'm sure there is some system file this can be changed in to make MMS work with the native messaging app, but I thought someone in this thread said there was a problem with the stock app. I don't know anything, clearly, but hopefully it helps for somebody.
Hope this helped!:D

braxton355

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Tdm, I seen you mention a little while back that you may be starting a jellybean project after finishing this one. Will that be for the optimus as well?

luckyplanet

Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I also had the same problem and tried the solution described above. I have voice search now but am still missing the mic button on my keyboard. Missing this function as I used to dictate a lot of my emails...

Status
Not open for further replies.