07-05-2012 12:33 AM
8,044 ... 274275276277278 ...
tools
    Sorry for asking, but whats your estimate on the AOSP build? I want to port Miui v4.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2
    06-20-2012 09:33 PM
    Sorry for asking, but whats your estimate on the AOSP build? I want to port Miui v4.

Didn't gannon do that allready?

06-20-2012 09:37 PM

I'm thinking next tue.
    inceyet and ThatGuyLurkin like this.
    06-20-2012 09:40 PM

Yeah but camera preview on his doesn't work. And neither does mms.
    06-20-2012 09:41 PM
    cant wait for beta aokp
    inceyet likes this.
    06-20-2012 09:46 PM
    cant wait for beta aokp
    Can't wait for Cm9 beta :3
    06-20-2012 10:16 PM
    Does anyone know anything about easy tether? It seems a few select sites just refuse to load that I use everyday like google and secure websites. If anyone could help me that would be great.
    06-20-2012 10:24 PM
    How you do you port miui?!
    06-20-2012 10:36 PM
    Does anyone know anything about easy tether? It seems a few select sites just refuse to load that I use everyday like google and secure websites. If anyone could help me that would be great.
    Their description says it stops access to some sites including https after a while (if your using the free version)
    06-20-2012 10:39 PM
    Do anyone know how you port miui?much obliged!
    06-20-2012 10:40 PM
    Just wanted to say I love this ROM on my V (currently beta1pre3). It's made my phone fun to use again, and I have had no major issues or restarts. Very grateful that we get to have ICS goodness on our phones. Thanks tdm and team for your hard work!
    tdm likes this.
    06-20-2012 10:40 PM
    Hey tdm, I know deep sleep works up to a point but I have my CPU settings to 122 min and 600 Max and I haven't done anything today but text browse the web a little and use tapatalk today and CPU spy is showing alot of 600 use I thought that when doing minimalistic stuff Luke that its supposed to use less CPU speed? I'm kind of confused can you clarify a bit?

G-T-R & Quattrimus CM9 Nuff' said.
    (Also, sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2.)
    06-20-2012 10:42 PM
    Reboot on the power button dropdown doesn't reboot just shutsdown
    06-20-2012 10:48 PM
    You can try easy tether. It works fine for me.
    I tried easy tether :-( for like an hour I tried... thanks though!
    06-20-2012 10:52 PM
    Reboot on the power button dropdown doesn't reboot just shutsdown
    Only if your plugged in. If your not plugged in, it reboots.

06-20-2012 10:55 PM

Yes, but not AOSP. Getting MIUI v4 ported on AOSP is basically official MIUI.

06-20-2012 10:57 PM
    I hate to bother you, but the reboot to bootloader option was taken out? Do you know anything about that? I used it a bit as I have bootloader access, and it'd be useful to have that option back instead of having to use the terminal to boot into the bootloader. Thanks!
    06-20-2012 11:01 PM
    Hey tdm, I know deep sleep works up to a point but I have my CPU settings to 122 min and 600 Max and I haven't done anything today but text browse the web a little and use tapatalk today and CPU spy is showing alot of 600 use I thought that when doing minimalistic stuff Luke that its supposed to use less CPU speed? I'm kind of confused can you clarify a bit?
    Click to view quoted image

This may shed some light on that, may not be applicable here but I don't think it's information specific to any one ROM.

...Regarding the mid CPU frequencies not used as much as the lowest and highest frequencies, that is the expected and ideal behavior. CPU must finish the tasks as quick as possible to enhance the user experience and also the battery life so that it can go back to the idle frequency as soon as possible. The middle frequencies are used mostly when the tasks are rate limited, such as playing music, playing network streaming media, transferring a file over the network ... In such cases, the cpu will be waiting (starving) for data and will be running at a frequency matching processing requirement of the data transfer rate.
    06-20-2012 11:01 PM
    Click to view quoted image

Yeah deep sleep has issues right now. Need to find out why.
    Ryuk6666 likes this.
    06-20-2012 11:05 PM
    I tried easy tether :-( for like an hour I tried... thanks though!
    Android-Wifi-Tether android-wifi-tether - Wireless Tether for Root Users - Google Project Hosting Haven't run into a problem yet
    06-20-2012 11:06 PM
    This is ICS not MIUI. Lets not turn this into another IHO off-topic thread.
    06-20-2012 11:14 PM
    I hate to bother you, but the reboot to bootloader option was taken out? Do you know anything about that? I used it a bit as I have bootloader access, and it'd be useful to have that option back instead of having to use the terminal to boot into the bootloader. Thanks!
    Yes, guilty. I followed JerryScript's lead on that. The thinking is that if you need to use it, a terminal probably isn't too inconvenient, but for the 99% it's confusing and may lead to support questions.
    inceyet likes this.
    06-20-2012 11:18 PM
    So this one guy posted this:

Found the solution to ALL random reboots and Over Clocking issues!!!!

I was messing around with benchmarks one time and saw that during the benchmark the the system would freeze and force a reboot during a memory access. I thought originally it was from the kernel timing but it wasn't! It was from the Dalvik cache!

So I decides to make a sd-ext partition with a huge swap partition, and the system is not COMPLETELY stable with an overclock and 826mhz!! Hope this helps anyone else with Over Clocking or Stability issues!

EDIT: If this was already mentioned(I just remembered I might of saw something on this), please ignore :x
    ...and it seems that this was ignored (no thanks, no followups, nothing). I was intrigued however, so I did a little digging...

The digging led to this:

Swap and Compcache

The following, quoted from the above article, is what caught my attention:

This question is hotly debated, but you almost definitely do not need swap or compcache. The only exception to this may be if the device is a first generation device (i.e. HTC Dream or HTC Magic). If you think swap or compcache may make the device faster, feel free to follow the directions below.
    Swap can give more available memory than compcache; however, class 6 SD cards are recommended and SD write wear is increased. Compcache is easier to set up, but has a limited memory increase and performance may slow down over time after boot.
    Actual performance depends on user memory use; [HL]you'll only see a benefit if you're consistently using up all available memory, due to any combination of inherently low device RAM, using multiple apps simultaneously, or a singularly memory-intensive app[/HL]. Otherwise, the performance hit will exceed any performance gain.
    If I remember correctly, tdm mentioned that memory management was an issue, and may be the culprit in some of the reboot situations. If that really is the case, wouldn't a swap partition or swap file help?

Mostly I just wanted to give this idea a second chance, as it looks like it was glossed over by everyone else.
    tdm likes this.
    06-20-2012 11:34 PM
    Has the Netflix issue and YouTube HD been fixed or improved on? Accidentally wiped SD card in recovery so I had to revert to IHO.
    06-20-2012 11:37 PM
    So this one guy posted this:

...and it seems that this was ignored (no thanks, no followups, nothing). I was intrigued however, so I did a little digging...

The digging led to this:

Swap and Compcache

The following, quoted from the above article, is what caught my attention:

If I remember correctly, tdm mentioned that memory management was an issue, and may be the culprit in some of the reboot situations. If that really is the case, wouldn't a swap partition or swap file help?

Mostly I just wanted to give this idea a second chance, as it looks like it was glossed over by everyone else.
    Thanks, I hadn't thought about that. It's certainly possible that some of the reboots are/were due to OOM. Especially if the OOM killer picks system_server or some other critical process. system_server restarts are frequently called reboots even though they are technically not.
    flapjack.fiasco likes this.
    06-20-2012 11:55 PM
8,044 ... 274275276277278 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD