07-05-2012 01:33 AM
8,044 ... 276277278279280 ...
tools
    I noticed YouTube doesn't work (says many in the thread.) I TubeMate most of the time because the network is slow where I live. It converts YouTube into *.mp4 for later viewing. Do movie files work ok?
    06-21-2012 03:25 AM
    Pre3.....SMS/MMS work (send and rec), camcorder records (view with MX player). Wifi works but seems slower than previous builds. Installed Google Voice Search from market...it works on search but I lose mic on stock keyboard. Had to install another keyboard from market to regain that function. BTmedia audio works but lost phone in call audio (worked in pre2). When phone rings, get "unfortunately process android.com has stopped." Also, when turning off BT (both from notification widget or system settings) phone freezes for about 5-10 seconds then reboots. Lastly, reboot to recovery doesn't work....phone just reboots. Oh, Romkeeper states that it can't mount SD card to install the rom. Have seen posts stating problems with Romkeeper but no specifics. Maybe this message might help troubleshoot.

Sent from my LG-LS670 using Android Central Forums

Edit: wifi connects but takes longer to load...in pre2 I had almost instant load, in pre3 I had a couple of "connection time out" msgs. Meant to say BT audio worked in pre2, lost it in pre3.
    tdm likes this.
    06-21-2012 06:53 AM
    AOKP loves their swag...

9.1M Jun 20 21:47 SwagPapers.apk

Overall AOKP is 18mb heavier than CM9.

That's 9mb there in SwagPapers. And Launcher2 is another 7mb. I'll trim another 1mb from the audio files. The rest is scattered.

Is everyone okay with this? Or should we kick some of these out? Maybe have a vote to kick out one of the launchers (Nova is still there, of course)?

Keep in mind anything not in the main ROM can be posted in an "extras" zip and sideloaded.
    I agree that having to side load will most likely confuse some but if have that will make it more stable then I'm down lets just make sure we let the noobs know how to do that . Aside that I'm coo with this tdm :thumbup:

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums
    06-21-2012 08:41 AM
    Forgive the newbie question, but for the LS670 (Optimus S) what baseband should we be on prior to flashing this ROM, or does it matter? I ask because all other ICS projects I've seen for the LS670 want ZVD or ZVH baseband, and I'm on a rooted, Xionia-recovery'd ZVJ and would rather not have to downgrade again (had to go to ZVH to root) prior to installing this ROM if at all possible.

Am probably going to wait until this heads out of Beta before I flash it anyway (Yes, I read big red disclaimers!) but this is the furthest along ICS for the Optimus S I've seen yet and I have big hopes for this one.

If my question was already answered, apologies. Was skimming the thread to see if it was, but didn't find anything.
    06-21-2012 09:13 AM
    Forgive the newbie question, but for the LS670 (Optimus S) what baseband should we be on prior to flashing this ROM, or does it matter? I ask because all other ICS projects I've seen for the LS670 want ZVD or ZVH baseband, and I'm on a rooted, Xionia-recovery'd ZVJ and would rather not have to downgrade again (had to go to ZVH to root) prior to installing this ROM if at all possible.

Am probably going to wait until this heads out of Beta before I flash it anyway (Yes, I read big red disclaimers!) but this is the furthest along ICS for the Optimus S I've seen yet and I have big hopes for this one.

If my question was already answered, apologies. Was skimming the thread to see if it was, but didn't find anything.
    This might be a question better asked in the OS forums but I believe it was the same baseband required for Cold as Ice.
    06-21-2012 10:02 AM
    @tdm
    I know this is a bit off topic, but seeing you upgraded to the lg marquee does that mean your planning on porting this over?
    I've been holding off upgrading since the OV has ICS and not the marquee (which is funny since its a newer, faster phone)
    Just curious is all...I'm in process of switching to boost. Finally got my wives evo working this morning on boost, that was a challenge

06-21-2012 10:14 AM
    I had white pages with Facebook only, I forced gpu rendering, rebooted, Facebook works like usual...slow as heck lol

06-21-2012 10:46 AM
    Pre3.....SMS/MMS work (send and rec), camcorder records (view with MX player). Wifi works but seems slower than previous builds. Installed Google Voice Search from market...it works on search but I lose mic on stock keyboard. Had to install another keyboard from market to regain that function. BTmedia audio works but lost phone in call audio (worked in pre2). When phone rings, get "unfortunately process android.com has stopped." Also, when turning off BT (both from notification widget or system settings) phone freezes for about 5-10 seconds then reboots. Lastly, reboot to recovery doesn't work....phone just reboots. Oh, Romkeeper states that it can't mount SD card to install the rom. Have seen posts stating problems with Romkeeper but no specifics. Maybe this message might help troubleshoot.

Edit: wifi connects but takes longer to load...in pre2 I had almost instant load, in pre3 I had a couple of "connection time out" msgs. Meant to say BT audio worked in pre2, lost it in pre3.
    I also noticed the bluetooth issue, when you turn it on, no problem, I also made some calls even with the voice dial from the BT earpiece, but when you turn it off, the phone freezes and reboots.

I also experience a lot of random reboots, without OC (overclocking), I have tried different governors, selecting "Allow purging of assets" the other kernel check box, etc, sometimes it would run with no problems for like 1hr, maybe a little more, the it reboots once and it's all downhill from there

Any ideas or advice?
    06-21-2012 10:49 AM
    whats your min oc?... try 480 (stopped the reboots for me)... :-)
    Teh_Gaberz likes this.
    06-21-2012 10:53 AM
    Try the Friendcaster app, for those experiencing issues with Facebook app. Works a lot faster and more stable, at least in this rom. I think rendering should be checked anyway. Sorry to go a little off topic.
    06-21-2012 10:54 AM
    pre3 is awesome, only thing i've noticed is that 3g seems to be slow, could be where I am right now as I am away from home for the week, its interesting as I never noticed the battery slowly drain while pulling data over 3g, as I do have the latest 60687 prl for the Opti-S. i havent found anything as to whether the kernel allows OC, if so what are the primo settings for max perfomance/battery life?

And yes I sound like a noob, but I have been playing with customs roms and such since I got my first android the god-awful htc hero-s,made awesome with CM.

Thanks again to TDM, TheKraven, and all the devs who made this ICS wet dream possibile, since its fun ragging on all my friends that I have 4.0 before their beastly dualcore phones officially do :P
    tdm likes this.
    06-21-2012 11:08 AM
    EDIT: I found a solution to the following problem, so feel free to skip reading, but I'll leave this up in case it helps anyone else. The solution to my Nandroid restore problems was to flash the "Debug-Format-ALLzip" found HERE before doing the restore. I had been wiping data & cache before doing installs & restores, but apparently that's not always good enough-- especially from Xonia CWM recovery.

Little help please? I was running Reborn ROM on ZVD baseband of Optimus S, perfectly stable, no problem for months. Then I did a clean install of Quattrimus (LS670 version) to test it. When I reverted to my Nandroid backup of Reborn ROM, it kept crashing within about a minute. So I wiped cache & data and reverted to an older Nandroid backup of Reborn, but it also kept crashing. Then did a clean install of Reborn from its zip file, but it kept crashing almost immediately. Then I accidentally booted Reborn without an SD card, and Reborn didnt crash. So then I reinstalled a Nandroid backup of Quatrimus and it was stable (though my home key no longer works). Im thinking Quattrimus did something to my SD card that made it incompatible with Reborn. Any suggestions? I really need a daily driver with speakerphone, Hotspot, etc.

I realize this may not be the perfect thread for my help request, so forgive me if this post is somewhat off-topic.
    The Cannibal Open Touch Recovery addressed the wipe issues and many other shortcomings of Xionia. Data reset will wipe the android secure directory. Drew has a version for OS and OV.

LG-LS670 w thekraven CAI / ICS alpha 15d linaro2 & Tapatalk2
    RazzMaTazz likes this.
    06-21-2012 11:09 AM
    He has a version for os and ov? I thought they were the same...I'm using cannibal, didn't know it fixes issues, I just like it, touch recovery and many UI colors

06-21-2012 11:25 AM
    He has a version for os and ov? I thought they were the same...I'm using cannibal, didn't know it fixes issues, I just like it, touch recovery and many UI colors

He has versions for 3 phones! Lol

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2
    06-21-2012 11:26 AM

Sorry I'm not very familiar with LS670 basebands. Really all I know is that ZVH is gingerbread and all others are froyo.

So, since our kernel is based on the Sprint ZVH kernel drop, I would assume that ZVH would work best. Unless the RIL libraries are mismatched or something weird like that.

Which makes me curious why CAI is stated as being for ZVD...
    06-21-2012 11:43 AM
    Using zvd, same as with cold as ice.

06-21-2012 11:47 AM
    @tdm
    I know this is a bit off topic, but seeing you upgraded to the lg marquee does that mean your planning on porting this over?
    I've been holding off upgrading since the OV has ICS and not the marquee (which is funny since its a newer, faster phone)
    Just curious is all...I'm in process of switching to boost. Finally got my wives evo working this morning on boost, that was a challenge

Yes, it's been tremendously hard to continue working on the thunderc roms while my marquee is sitting by my side begging and pleading for some ics. As soon as I get aokp pushed out (hopefully today), I'm going to dig in to building for the marquee for a couple days, work on romkeeper updates, and then start prepping a beta announcement for quattrimus.

Did I mention I was busy?
    06-21-2012 11:47 AM
    Yes, it's been tremendously hard to continue working on the thunderc roms while my marquee is sitting by my side begging and pleading for some ics. As soon as I get aokp pushed out (hopefully today), I'm going to dig in to building for the marquee for a couple days, work on romkeeper updates, and then start prepping a beta announcement for quattrimus.

Did I mention I was busy?
    And you have a job other than making android. I started work this week and realized how hard it is to do anything for when you work eight hours and come home and want to go to sleep
    06-21-2012 11:53 AM
    So silly question that will probably get me shunned by the community(think Monty Python), but where is the "share screenshot" option? If it's not there, fine, but I feel like it was in the earlier alpha stages and now I can't seem to find it.

I notice I'm clearing my cache more often then I was used to because my phone starts to drag to a crawl, but after a cache clearing and a reboot it runs fine. Anyone else?
    06-21-2012 12:04 PM
    Sorry I'm not very familiar with LS670 basebands. Really all I know is that ZVH is gingerbread and all others are froyo.

So, since our kernel is based on the Sprint ZVH kernel drop, I would assume that ZVH would work best. Unless the RIL libraries are mismatched or something weird like that.

Which makes me curious why CAI is stated as being for ZVD...
    I didn't see a solid answer to this, but this is for ZVD not ZVH on the Optimus S. thekraven has always built for ZVD, some reason it is a lot more friendly than the other lol! CAI is ZVD as well.
    06-21-2012 12:14 PM
    I didn't see a solid answer to this, but this is for ZVD not ZVH on the Optimus S. thekraven has always built for ZVD, some reason it is a lot more friendly than the other lol! CAI is ZVD as well.
    So what about Optimus V users? I'm on ZV4....
    06-21-2012 12:17 PM
    So what about Optimus V users? I'm on ZV4....
    Doesn't matter with V users

06-21-2012 12:19 PM

SBlood86 used it for a version for the Kindle Fire as well so I have it on phone and tablet.

Kindle Fire w Hashcode ICS ROM + 3.0 kernel & Tapatalk 2
    06-21-2012 12:23 PM

Let me guess one for S one for V and one for Vortex?
    06-21-2012 12:37 PM
    SBlood86 used it for a version for the Kindle Fire as well so I have it on phone and tablet.

Kindle Fire w Hashcode ICS ROM + 3.0 kernel & Tapatalk 2
    probably ported, right?
    06-21-2012 12:38 PM
8,044 ... 276277278279280 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD