07-05-2012 01:33 AM
8,044 ... 282283284285286 ...
tools
    you can shut the boot animation off in rom control. also, i would ASSUME, if you placed any bootanimation.zip in the /system/media folder, that would be the boot animation. im just saying by default, im not a pink unicorn kinda guy.
    Yes I know this, I was saying I'd be nice to have an option to select from multiple boot anims in the rom control. Instead of having to change the anim manually.

Thanks though
    06-22-2012 11:49 AM
    youtube still doesnt work properly on AOKP. Please fix in Beta Pre-2
    Easy there, turbo.

It'll happen.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums
    tdm and RyanJKremer like this.
    06-22-2012 11:53 AM
    Flashed aokp WORD!!! but here is what I found camera not working, apps didn't want to install and continuous reboots I had like 4 or 5 with-in like a half hour looking forwarded to a update had to get off at work need my music but to me aokp is the beast of them all and also on my baseband version said unknown? And that great pink unicorn the text doesn't fit the screen not like I'm complaining about that lol just reporting and I saw that we can replace that too so good looking out on that info with no disrespect to the team just not a pink unicorn Guy. TDM aokp is a monster bigger ups to you thekraven and all involved :thumbup::thumbup:

06-22-2012 11:55 AM
    Is this quattrimus or aokp?^

Quattrimus is the name for tdm's ICS Optimus V build. AOKP is a variant of ICS.
    06-22-2012 11:57 AM
    Quattrimus is the name for tdm's ICS Optimus V build. AOKP is a variant of ICS.
    Yea I figured that out, I was asking what the person before me was talking about, I just now realized I was on the next page....

I got astrofile manager to work with this AOKP ROM!, now you have to place this app
    http://rapidshare.com/files/13031180...r-v3.1.342.apk
    in /system/app and it will be there after you install the ROM and boot. Install some apps from your SD card! GOGOGOGOGO!
    06-22-2012 12:03 PM
    Yea I figured that out, I was asking what the person before me was talking about, I just now realized I was on the next page....

I got astrofile manager to work with this AOKP ROM!, now you have to place this app
    http://rapidshare.com/files/13031180...r-v3.1.342.apk
    in /system/app and it will be there after you install the ROM and boot. Install some apps from your SD card! GOGOGOGOGO!
    Try out Solid Explorer. Arguably the best file browser for Android in existence.
    06-22-2012 12:23 PM
    Try out Solid Explorer. Arguably the best file browser for Android in existence.
    Does it work? I'm restoring the quattrimus that works.....
    06-22-2012 12:27 PM
    I was going to get one made the other day but didn't get to it, was busy preparing for a job interview (which I just got actually), and now I'm traveling for about a week, but still want to give it a go. We still looking for about 12 frames max?

Sent from my LG-LS670 using Android Central Forums
    Yes, 8 or 12 images 320x480.
    acromack likes this.
    06-22-2012 12:28 PM
    Does it work? I'm restoring the quattrimus that works.....
    I haven't had any problem with it, minus a few missing features and tweaks I'd rather have (it's beta). But I still like it regardless. Been using it with CM9 Quattrimus for awhile. Of course, it just comes down to preference, but just throwing this out there in case you like it.
    06-22-2012 12:28 PM
    I haven't had any problem with it, minus a few missing features and tweaks I'd rather have (it's beta). But I still like it regardless. Been using it with CM9 Quattrimus for awhile. Of course, it just comes down to preference, but just throwing this out there in case you like it.
    I mean with AOKP? I tried ES FILE EXPLORER with AOKP and it would force close
    06-22-2012 12:32 PM
    And when you are testing alpha roms, who lets the same configuration sit for a couple days to settle in?
    Beta.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2
    06-22-2012 12:35 PM
    And when you are testing alpha roms, who lets the same configuration sit for a couple days to settle in?
    People that don't use their V as a daily phone
    06-22-2012 12:40 PM
    aokp beta1pre1 is pretty hozed up. I'm preparing beta1pre2 today.

The init was messed up and that caused a bunch of issues, including sd-ext not mounting.

Also didn't get my changes back around to show the baseband version in the about phone menu (maintaining both forked git repositories and mirrors is kind of a pain...)
    sammyz, cmerlyn, Ryuk6666 and 1 others like this.
    06-22-2012 01:00 PM

The init was messed up and that caused a bunch of issues, including sd-ext not mounting.

Also didn't get my changes back around to show the baseband version in the about phone menu (maintaining both forked git repositories and mirrors is kind of a pain...)
    Wow tdm your on it like white on rice on a paper plate in a snow storm thanks for the hard work bruh looking forward to the new update on the aokp beast

06-22-2012 01:05 PM
    Beta.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2
    Pre beta, look at the file names. ...... and the fact that @tdm has stated that CM9 beta is coming.
    06-22-2012 01:08 PM
    So much hard work being our into the rom! ! Great job TDM ^_^
    06-22-2012 01:11 PM

I figured it was an init issue...great job TDM, keep up the amazing work!
    06-22-2012 01:14 PM
    So every time I reboot my phone if I have my charger plugged in, it won't reboot just goes to charging screen, I'm using mirror 3, any fix. I was rooting around in my phone and found XML that had to do with charging can I change it there?

06-22-2012 01:22 PM
    Just found the market download issue with aokp. The drmserver process is crashing constantly, and the market needs that to download (logcat says "Waiting for service drm.drmManager..." repeatedly). Investigating now...
    06-22-2012 01:36 PM
    So, I decided to give that Cannibal Open Touch a shot on my VS660. Everything seems to work alright (it boots to recovery) I can make backups, and restore them, however, I'm getting 'assert failed: getprop("ro.product.device") == "thunderc" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "thunderc" ' and so on. I assume this is because there is a mismatch seeing's how this is built for the V (VS670) and I'm using a Vortex (VS660)? or does this have something to do with the IHO stream not being in the assert list?

Also, I might take a whack at the boot animation. 12 frames? Sounds like a challenge.
    06-22-2012 01:37 PM
    Is it weird that i have to constantly wipe cache? right now i have 42.7MB of cache. Should i wipe the cache or should i keep it?
    06-22-2012 01:39 PM
    So, I decided to give that Cannibal Open Touch a shot on my VS660. Everything seems to work alright (it boots to recovery) I can make backups, and restore them, however, I'm getting 'assert failed: getprop("ro.product.device") == "thunderc" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "thunderc" ' and so on. I assume this is because there is a mismatch seeing's how this is built for the V (VS670) and I'm using a Vortex (VS660)? or does this have something to do with the IHO stream not being in the assert list?

Also, I might take a whack at the boot animation. 12 frames? Sounds like a challenge.
    Do this for assert failed:

In the rom go to /meta-inf/com/bottom folder/bottom folder/updater-script open it with notepad and delete everything before the first semi-colon and also the first semicolon. After that save and repackage into rom.....if using winrar/7zip a prompt will ask if you want to update the zip, press yes, if using windows explorer to open the zip, go get 7zip or winrar....
    06-22-2012 01:40 PM
    Thank you Sammy. I'll give it a shot.
    06-22-2012 01:44 PM

If you are using a version of the recovery for the VM670, it should publish "thunderc_VM670" for its model name.

Each of the ROMs will assert for one of three models: "thunderc", "$model", and "thunderc_$model", where $model is one of (VM670, LS670, VS660). So the VS660 versions of the quattrimus ROM will not have a matching model name.

I suggest using a recovery that publishes just "thunderc" if you want to play with either recoveries or ROMs that are not built specific to your device. I'm afraid I am not familiar with all the recovery options though -- I just switched from an ancient LS670 recovery to cannibal last week.
    inceyet likes this.
    06-22-2012 01:46 PM
    Where are the call settings in cm9. I want to disable ringtones while on calls. They make it so you can't hear what the other person is saying
    06-22-2012 02:03 PM
8,044 ... 282283284285286 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD