07-05-2012 01:33 AM
8,044 ... 284285286287288 ...
tools
    Every reboot I get the optimizing applications process. Not really a nuisance, just makes boot time a little longer.

So far, so good. I have the HTC Elegance theme installed, looks fantastic.

Thanks, tdm.
    Yea, I've noticed that as well.
    Also, in AOKPb1p1, the power menu comes up twice. AOKPb1p1 also has a lot less free space than CM9b1p3, either that, or CM9 has some sort of compression method for apps.
    CM9b1p3 is the most stable out of the 2 so far.
    AOKPb1p1 does not have a functioning camera.
    06-22-2012 10:13 PM
    Been running the beta1pre3 as my main Android OS. No complaints (once I dealt with the random reboots due to a too low CPU speed) and everything I've tested works great so far. HOWEVER...Google Play will only allow me to install an x-amount of apps before giving the "package file is invalid" error. I have tried using Eris market fix as well as several others to no avail. Any suggestions on getting the market to work properly? Also...I'm running the CM9 version...not the AOKP.
    06-22-2012 10:14 PM
    Try clearing the data in the market from manage apps, if that doesn't work, try reflashing ICS gapps. (Had the same issue in a GB rom)
    06-22-2012 10:17 PM
    Try clearing the data in the market from manage apps, if that doesn't work, try reflashing ICS gapps. (Had the same issue in a GB rom)
    Would reflashing ICS gapps harm any apps currently installed or their settings?

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums
    06-22-2012 10:22 PM
    So I've had an oddity. I'm running beta1p3 since it came out. Apps have been installing fine. When AOKP came out, flashed it briefly. Nandroid back to cm9 an things were fine till just a few hours ago. Its not letting me dl from the market now. It worked fine earlier?
    Error processing purchase?

It is the Android ID changing between ROMS. TiBu now will detect that and allow you to keep the new ID or restore the original. Screen capture is my Kindle, but it happens on the LS670 too, or did, until TiBu implemented this. Good stuff!
    06-22-2012 10:35 PM
    Would reflashing ICS gapps harm any apps currently installed or their settings?

No only wiping your data/cache would

jensonco likes this.
    06-22-2012 10:42 PM
    Got this error in log at while trying hotspots in cm9 beta1p3

06-22 20:34:33.369 E/WifiStateMachine( 2124): Exception in softap start java.lang.IllegalStateException: Error communicating to native daemon

06-22 20:34:33.369 E/SoftapController( 2010): Softap already stopped

Crashes afterwards with black screen have to take battery out to reset phone

Also got this error:
    E/WifiStateMachine( 1913): Failed to disable IPv6: java.lang.IllegalStateException: Unable to communicate to native daemon for disabling

i read that there should be a file at \proc\sys\net\ipv6\conf\wlan0\disable_ipv6 I also get that the file is not in the given directory probly bc it doesnt exist :P
    the thing is theres no wlan0 folder in conf but there is rmnet0 - 7 which is what barbacle tether uses. Im really good at research but not to good with in depth android. could someone help me out im out of solutions to search for -.-

Ok im great at researching
    06-22-2012 11:04 PM
    We need to report all these in a bug tracker. I can't imagine it's easy for TDM to look through and fish out all the reports..
    inyourface09 likes this.
    06-22-2012 11:12 PM
    Also got this error:
    E/WifiStateMachine( 1913): Failed to disable IPv6: java.lang.IllegalStateException: Unable to communicate to native daemon for disabling

i read that there should be a file at \proc\sys\net\ipv6\conf\wlan0\disable_ipv6
    the thing is theres no wlan0 folder in conf but there is rmnet0 - 7 which is what barbacle tether uses. Im really good at research but not to good with in depth android. could someone help me out im out of solutions to search for -.-

Ok im great at researching
    You can make the folder wlan0; usually there is a script that disables the ipv6... Attached is one that I think might fix it, [HL]but I'm not promising anything.[/HL]

install to the root of the SD card; use either adb shell or the shell on android

[HL]DO A NANDROID FIRST SO NOTHING WILL GO WRONG; YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED[/HL]

Extract the file, and move disable_ipv6 to the root of the SD card then do as follows.

Code:
    su
    mkdir /proc/sys/net/ipva/conf/wlan0
    mv /sdcard/disable_ipv6 /proc/sys/net/ipv6/conf/wlan0
    chmod +x /proc/sys/net/ipv6/conf/wlan0/disable_ipv6
    Also on a side note UNIX/Linux use forward slash"/"; Please use this.

[HL]I JUST WROTE THIS, I DID NOT TEST THIS, TEST AT YOUR WILL!!!![/HL]
    Reboot the device and give it a shot
    dzdzjb and inyourface09 like this.
    06-22-2012 11:14 PM
    So, has anyone else tried changing the bootanimation? I haven't had any luck on either a10 or b1p3.
    06-22-2012 11:27 PM
    So, has anyone else tried changing the bootanimation? I haven't had any luck on either a10 or b1p3.
    Yup, move the boot animation to /data/local
    06-22-2012 11:32 PM
    You can make the folder wlan0; usually there is a script that disables the ipv6... Attached is one that I think might fix it, but I'm not promising anything.

install to the root of the SD card; use either adb shell or the shell on android

Code:
    su

So possible fix for hotspot I am understanding? For cm9 b1p3 or aokp b1p1?
    06-22-2012 11:45 PM
    So possible fix for hotspot I am understanding? For cm9 b1p3 or aokp b1p1?
    If its IPv6 doing it, It just might.

This is a similar script I use on my Linux Box to stop the WiFi power save, this should also work for our Little IPv6 problem. If not We can write a fix from the IP tables, but I have no idea how to :s
    06-22-2012 11:47 PM
    Oh ok. I'm a little scared to flash right now, but maybe tdm or someone can implement this for a later build.
    06-22-2012 11:49 PM
    ive been changing my boot animation with ROM TOOLBOX. current animation is modern warfare 2
    06-22-2012 11:59 PM
    You can make the folder wlan0; usually there is a script that disables the ipv6... Attached is one that I think might fix it, [HL]but I'm not promising anything.[/HL]

Extract the file, and move disable_ipv6 to the root of the SD card then do as follows.

Code:
    su

I just compared it to my IHO 2.3.7 rom and it turns out wlan0 and wl0.1 are created when you turn on the hotspot there not there by default. it turns out that there are alot of other files for settings and what not either containing a 1 or 0. in IHO it is disable_ipv6 has a zero in it. so why is it throwing an error in ICS? i also read that it is possibly a kernel issue.
    06-23-2012 12:10 AM
    I dropped a droid boot animation in there after moving the original out of /system/media. Was sized incorrectly, but that was to be expected. Otherwise, it worked fine on my cm9 pre3.

Rob
    06-23-2012 12:19 AM
    If its a kernal issue, try flashing a compatable kernal that is known to have working wifi hot spot.

I change my boot animation using Boot Animation Changer Pro (BAC PAID). I ported the CM9 boot animation to the AOKP build. (It looks better than the oversized team kang boot animation)
    06-23-2012 12:23 AM

Code:
    su

ok i tried to mkdir but i get "mkdir failed for procsysnetipv6confwlan0, Read-only file system"
    no matter what i do i tried to remount as rewrittable, and getting root does nothing... D:

Then when i try to mv file i get "mv /sdcard/disable_ipv6 /proc/sys/net/ipv6/conf/wlan0
    failed on '/sdcard/disable_ipv6' - Cross-device link" lol fml
    06-23-2012 12:38 AM
    ok i tried to mkdir but i get "mkdir failed for procsysnetipv6confwlan0, Read-only file system"
    no matter what i do i tried to remount as rewrittable, and getting root does nothing... D:

Then when i try to mv file i get "mv /sdcard/disable_ipv6 /proc/sys/net/ipv6/conf/wlan0
    failed on '/sdcard/disable_ipv6' - Cross-device link" lol fml
    Looks like its a little bit more complicated then I thought, I'll try a few things tonight and see if I can recalibrate it.

Either way we are making some progress.
    06-23-2012 12:46 AM
    it seems that the ipv6 being disabled depends on the kernel
    06-23-2012 12:51 AM
    it seems that the ipv6 being disabled depends on the kernel
    There should be a way in general to disable it, its usually a script of some sort. Thats basically what I wrote

Code:
    #!/bin/sh
    exit
    This basically tells the kernel to exit ipv6 calibration, I didnt test this but I will now; just flashed cm9 beta1pre3.

EDIT: Trying this now, will post with results!: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...postcount=6971
    06-23-2012 12:58 AM
    There should be a way in general to disable it, its usually a script of some sort. Thats basically what I wrote

Code:
    #!/bin/sh
    exit
    This basically tells the kernel to exit ipv6 calibration, I didnt test this but I will now; just flashed cm9 beta1pre3.

EDIT: Trying this now, will post with results!: xda-developers - View Single Post - [Rom] AOKP Build 6.22.2012 l Task650 & Ktoonsez Run a Train
    still cant create wlan0 folder to save my life tried file manager with root permissions let me know what happens
    06-23-2012 01:03 AM
    still cant create wlan0 folder to save my life tried file manager with root permissions let me know what happens
    Tried making a sysctl in etc, nothing.
    Tried adding "net.ipv6.conf.default.disable_ipv6 = 1" to build.prop, nothing.

06-23-2012 01:43 AM
    Tried making a sysctl in etc, nothing.
    Tried adding "net.ipv6.conf.default.disable_ipv6 = 1" to build.prop, nothing.

yea same here, even with root permissions it still fails to edit the files -.-, ill keep researching
    06-23-2012 01:49 AM
8,044 ... 284285286287288 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD