07-05-2012 01:33 AM
8,044 ... 285286287288289 ...
tools
    yea same here, even with root permissions it still fails to edit the files -.-, ill keep researching
    @tdm, can you give this a test? Our noob tries aren't getting anywhere :s
    inyourface09 likes this.
    06-23-2012 02:03 AM
    What if you edit the files in the rom zip and then flash it?

I dunno I'm a noob too

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums
    06-23-2012 02:10 AM
    Is SIP calling via Internet Calling feature in default Dialer working for anyone? (using cm9 b1p3)

EDIT: Works via sipdroid, but it doesn't work on native dialer.
    06-23-2012 02:29 AM
    Tdm, It's a bit stuffy in here. I'd suggest differen't threads for each ROM. One for the OS, LS, OV, VS.
    06-23-2012 03:46 AM
    Tdm, It's a bit stuffy in here. I'd suggest differen't threads for each ROM. One for the OS, LS, OV, VS.
    I agree
    06-23-2012 03:50 AM
    I think TDM is going to do that once the ROMs have the right of being called Beta.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk 2
    06-23-2012 04:11 AM
    @HurrrDurrDURP, you may be barking up the wrong tree. The /proc filesystem doesn't always work like a normal file system. Try entering the iwconfig (lists wireless network interfaces) command as root and see what comes up. On cm9, I get a list of entries; one of the lines in this list reads:
    Code:
    ip6tnl0   no wireless extensions.
    So, on cm9, the ip6 network interface is called ip6tnl0. If there were wireless connections (or if I thought my phone was trying in vain to turn on ip6), I might be able to use ifconfig to do something like the following to disable it (make sure you're running as root!):

Code:
    su -
    ifconfig ip6tnl0 down
    06-23-2012 05:27 AM
    On AOKPb1p1 I can confirm that Power amp Pro(I'm sure trial will work as well) is the only working player that I have tested so far.
    06-23-2012 06:56 AM
    So, has anyone else tried changing the bootanimation? I haven't had any luck on either a10 or b1p3.
    On the root of phone go into system settings/ media, you'll see the bootanimation.zip delete or move that file and replace it with what you want then reboot. You can do this as many times as you want and IT WILL WORK.

sent from my icy cold optimus using inverted T.T.2
    06-23-2012 07:37 AM
    He would have too many threads to follow, everything he needs to see is right here in one.

06-23-2012 07:41 AM
    He would have too many threads to follow, everything he needs to see is right here in one.

Tdm currently has six different configurations, and he is working on three more. I'm sorry, but that is too many for one thread.
    firecrotch666 likes this.
    06-23-2012 08:58 AM
    It is the Android ID changing between ROMS. TiBu now will detect that and allow you to keep the new ID or restore the original. Screen capture is my Kindle, but it happens on the LS670 too, or did, until TiBu implemented this. Good stuff!
    Hmm, well its still doing it this morning too? Last night I did a complete wipe and then restored my nand. Still a no go?
    I've already tried clearing cache from the market. I also even reflashed gapps just in case an still nothing??
    Any other thoughts before I have to do a wipe an fresh install (only hoping that will fix it )

06-23-2012 10:11 AM
    Tdm currently has six different configurations, and he is working on three more. I'm sorry, but that is too many for one thread.
    You're right, ijs, jfn, just this one
    06-23-2012 10:17 AM
    Hmm, well its still doing it this morning too? Last night I did a complete wipe and then restored my nand. Still a no go?
    I've already tried clearing cache from the market. I also even reflashed gapps just in case an still nothing??
    Any other thoughts before I have to do a wipe an fresh install (only hoping that will fix it )

I don't know where the ID is stored, but it does not seem to be in the nand. I had that early testing CAI, but using CM7. It might take more research to find where it is stored. I had the problem in my kindle, there were many posts with people having the problem with switching ROMS. Other than TiBu catching it, I have seen no other responses to the problem.
    06-23-2012 10:23 AM
    On the root of phone go into system settings/ media, you'll see the bootanimation.zip delete or move that file and replace it with what you want then reboot. You can do this as many times as you want and IT WILL WORK.

Doesn't work on either ES File Explorer or File Manager. Yes, I did enable up to root on both. I tried moving the original, renaming and deleting. It does work to move the new bootanimation to data/local.
    06-23-2012 10:41 AM

Have you tried clearing data and cache for Google Services Framework under "manage apps"?

Sent from my LG-LS670 using Android Central Forums
    06-23-2012 11:07 AM
    Doesn't work on either ES File Explorer or File Manager. Yes, I did enable up to root on both. I tried moving the original, renaming and deleting. It does work to move the new bootanimation to data/local.
    I use Root Explorer and I've been able to change my boot animation.

droiddekka and rebel69ization like this.
    06-23-2012 11:09 AM
    Have you tried clearing data and cache for Google Services Framework under "manage apps"?

Alright...so I tried that as well...no go. I have done everything....Eris Market fix; various other market fixes; clearing the data/cache from Google Play; and even the Google Services Framework data/cache clearing.

Still...every time I go to install an application; I get "Invalid Package File" errors.

Oh...and I did try re-installing Gaaps like someone suggested....twice. No go. I refuse to reflash the ROM as it works perfectly except for this.

Any more suggestions?
    06-23-2012 11:15 AM
    Alright...so I tried that as well...no go. I have done everything....Eris Market fix; various other market fixes; clearing the data/cache from Google Play; and even the Google Services Framework data/cache clearing.

Still...every time I go to install an application; I get "Invalid Package File" errors.

Oh...and I did try re-installing Gaaps like someone suggested....twice. No go. I refuse to reflash the ROM as it works perfectly except for this.

Any more suggestions?
    If you've already wiped the cache and dalvick in recovery, cleared data and cache for Google play and Google services framework, tried various market fixes your only option is to reflash. Start with a dirty flash and see if that works. If not I'm afraid a clean install would be your only choice.

06-23-2012 11:44 AM
    If you've already wiped the cache and dalvick in recovery, cleared data and cache for Google play and Google services framework, tried various market fixes your only option is to reflash. Start with a dirty flash and see if that works. If not I'm afraid a clean install would be your only choice.

Out of curiosity...what is a "dirty flash?" I would assume that means flash on top of the already flashed ROM?
    06-23-2012 11:45 AM
    No you cannot create files in the proc file system. Don't bother trying. I'll need to enable the ipv6 kernel config options.

Yes I'll be creating separate threads for beta. I expected that to be yesterday but aokp ran into the drmserver issue.
    Va1ha11a and rebel69ization like this.
    06-23-2012 11:51 AM
    Enabling up to root isn't the only thing you need to do. There is also a checkbox for "make system read/writable" that must be checked since we are working in the system directory. Hope this helps.

Rob
    rebel69ization likes this.
    06-23-2012 11:52 AM
    Out of curiosity...what is a "dirty flash?" I would assume that means flash on top of the already flashed ROM?
    Yes exactly. Reboot into recovery, wipe cache and dalvick, then flash the rom.

06-23-2012 11:53 AM
    Only wiping cache and dalvik cache

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk
    lattimorej1986 likes this.
    06-23-2012 12:14 PM
    Only wiping cache and dalvik cache

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk
    Or nothing at all like I usually do.
    tlrsax54, Va1ha11a and droiddekka like this.
    06-23-2012 12:33 PM
8,044 ... 285286287288289 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD