07-05-2012 01:33 AM
8,044 ... 289290291292293 ...
tools
    Just installed the ROM. So far, so good, though I'm wrestling a bit with Link2SD (what else is new?). Doesn't seem to get alomg with that one and Titanium backup. Lots of force closing of apps.

One thing this ROM definitely needs is a built-in file explorer.
    06-24-2012 04:56 PM
    In short: be patient and wait.

And if you would rather not be patient, ask Google, practice using ADB, and read up on how to build Android. The information is all out there, but the very small number of people who follow this thread who can give you the quick-ish (and hack-ish) answers are busy trying to figure out better ways to make AOKP stable and functional on our phones (i.e., without having to resort to hacks like deleting system files that disable the use of Market). Let them do their business and have their fun playing in the Android sandboxes, and in the meantime Quattrimus CM9 is pretty dang stable.
    agree it is and okay*-*
    06-24-2012 05:03 PM
    that really doesn't answer the question lol did the devs figure out how to make a wrapper for the gb drivers? just curious as to how they hardware acceleration is working on the beta build

Sent from my LS670 using Android Central Forums
    06-24-2012 05:05 PM
    that really doesn't answer the question lol did the devs figure out how to make a wrapper for the gb drivers? just curious as to how they hardware acceleration is working on the beta build

No, they have not, and likely never will.

Hardware acceleration DOES NOT WORK.

It means hardware acceleration has a snow ball chance in hell of working on this phone, since qualcomm will not write the omx drivers and will not release the closed source programing necessary to get them to work. You have a better chance of winning $100 million in the lottery.
    rebel69ization and m3rkman like this.
    06-24-2012 05:11 PM
    lol sorry I misread the OP, hardware video acceleration is working

jonny5449 likes this.
    06-24-2012 05:17 PM
    No, they have not, and likely never will.

Hardware acceleration DOES NOT WORK.

It means hardware acceleration has a snow ball chance in hell of working on this phone, since qualcomm will not write the omx drivers and will not release the closed source programing necessary to get them to work. You have a better chance of winning $100 million in the lottery.

are you saying i'm NEVER going to be able to watch netflix or play TINYzoo on my ice cream sammich phone?
    06-24-2012 05:35 PM
    Right. Until the drivers are released, which isnt likely at the moment.

Sent from my LG-LS670 using Android Central Forums
    06-24-2012 05:41 PM
    guys, the ics build for the nook color uses a FROYO kernel. im sure there is some way to get it working. the devs just need to find it. now quit posting off topic.
    Pkt_Lnt, TauSigmaNova and m3rkman like this.
    06-24-2012 05:49 PM
    are you saying i'm NEVER going to be able to watch netflix or play TINYzoo on my ice cream sammich phone?
    Probably never, yes. We're using a phone that is, for all practical purposes, no longer being sold in stores, and the developers in charge of writing drivers for our hardware are not interested in porting drivers to newer operating systems (e.g., ICS). Community developers may take up the slack, but that could take awhile; if too many community developers move on to newer phones before they get around to porting the graphics drivers to ICS, we may never get the fancy graphics support on our OVs.
    06-24-2012 06:01 PM
    Probably never, yes. We're using a phone that is, for all practical purposes, no longer being sold in stores, and the developers in charge of writing drivers for our hardware are not interested in porting drivers to newer operating systems (e.g., ICS). Community developers may take up the slack, but that could take awhile; if too many community developers move on to newer phones before they get around to porting the graphics drivers to ICS, we may never get the fancy graphics support on our OVs.
    why do netflix and tinyzoo work on cm7, and not cm9??
    06-24-2012 06:02 PM
    why do netflix and tinyzoo work on cm7, and not cm9??
    Because CM7 is GingerBread, been around longer, more drivers and kernel wrappers.
    CM9 is ICS, very new, early stages of development.
    06-24-2012 06:11 PM
    This is awesome!
    06-24-2012 06:21 PM
    ARMv6 showing its age, a sad sight to see. But the LG Optimus V will always have a place in my heart, since this is my first Android phone ever.
    06-24-2012 06:21 PM

One thing this ROM needs though is a built-in file explorer. Tough reloading Titanium Backup without redownloading from market.
    Use TiBu to create an update.zip (though I use the option to name it titanium-backup.zip) that gets placed on root of SD. That way you don't have to re-download every ref lash of rom.

Pkt_Lnt likes this.
    06-24-2012 06:42 PM
    Hi everyone, thanks to tdm's libaudio patch I was able to compile my updated version of wpa_supplicant to enable adhoc support. This will let your phone connect to other adhoc wireless networks.

Example: your 3g has bad reception and theres no wifi around, have your friend turn on his adhoc wifi hotspot on his phone, and you can connect to it. Adhoc networks will say (adhoc) next to their name. works for cm9.

Note it is the default cm9 wpa_supplicant v6 that tdm used in his build, so it should work with any cm9 rom that uses the default wpa_supplicant v6

Instructions:
    1. make a backup of /system/bin/wpa_supplicant
    2. Turn wifi connection off
    3. copy the new version into /system/bin
    4. turn wifi connection on

Source:
    https://github.com/Blackhive/android...a_supplicant_6
    06-24-2012 06:50 PM
    Right. Until the drivers are released, which isnt likely at the moment.

dude if tiny zoo doesnt start working fast my gf is gonna break up with me!!!!11!!11one
    06-24-2012 07:20 PM
    dude if tiny zoo doesnt start working fast my gf is gonna break up with me!!!!11!!11one
    then she shouldnt be using ics.
    drewwalton19216801 likes this.
    06-24-2012 07:21 PM
    guys, the ics build for the nook color uses a FROYO kernel. im sure there is some way to get it working. the devs just need to find it. now quit posting off topic.

THIS
    06-24-2012 07:26 PM
    THIS
    As above. Froyo and Gingerbread have been available for these phones for a long time now and Qualcomm released the drivers. ICS is new, our phones are not current, out of stock in many places, and Qualcomm is not going to write drivers for deprecated hardware.
    06-24-2012 07:42 PM
    AFAIK the Nook Color doesn't use OpenMAX drivers. The Optimus One line does.
    Pkt_Lnt likes this.
    06-24-2012 07:58 PM
    For those who hate Apollo this is good alternitive

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...herMusicPlayer

Here's the stock music app we all love
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...rtstudio.music

I don't care who u are this is an awesome song
    06-24-2012 08:13 PM
    For those who hate Apollo this is good alternitive

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...herMusicPlayer

Here's the stock music app we all love
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...rtstudio.music

Just to let those of you that are using AOKP beta1 pre1, neither of these will work on it, instead, you can either use PowerAmp:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ioplayer&hl=en

or flash to the CM9 beta1 pre3.
    06-24-2012 08:30 PM
    Just to let those of you that are using AOKP beta1 pre1, neither of these will work on it, instead, you can either use PowerAmp:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ioplayer&hl=en

or flash to the CM9 beta1 pre3.
    Aokp is broken and y would those not work

06-24-2012 08:32 PM
    Just installed the ROM. So far, so good, though I'm wrestling a bit with Link2SD (what else is new?). Doesn't seem to get alomg with that one and Titanium backup. Lots of force closing of apps.

One thing this ROM definitely needs is a built-in file explorer.
    Yeah, Link2SD does not work on any Quattrimus because it is built in. No app needed. One of the very cool things that tdm does for us.

As for the built in file explorer; I use Balancer Launcher, which has a file explorer built into it. Very nice launcher, and free.
    06-24-2012 08:39 PM
    I'm aware that AOKP is broken, however, it is functional(just with market, media, and a few other things aren't functioning). I still use it, cause i can live without the market, and PowerAmp is the only media player that works more so than others. (WinAmp is the only other one that partially works on AOKPb1p1)

I think it has something to do with Power Amp not using the built in media client that is in the ROM. (and broken in AOKPb1p1).
    06-24-2012 08:42 PM
8,044 ... 289290291292293 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD