07-05-2012 01:33 AM
8,044 ... 293294295296297 ...
tools
    Question: I just created sd-ext because my phone ran out of memory for installing apps and the like, and on this thread I found it said that if you have sd-ext, Quattrimus auto installs to sd-ext.

I installed a few more apps and it's not installing to sd-ext though, anyone know why that is? The only thing I can find on it is a dalvik-cache folder.
    06-25-2012 01:10 PM
    When I tried this, the Home button doesn't work and Wifi couldn't find any networks so I didn't get any further.
    I flashed it on top of the last cm9 beta 3, both work for me. still have to work out some cm9 compiling kinks. was just a quick compile to see if vpn worked. probably wont work as a clean flash
    06-25-2012 01:19 PM
    Can someone please verify that this works to enable deep sleep? Thx!
    It does for me

sent from my icy cold optimus using inverted T.T.2
    06-25-2012 01:36 PM
    Question: I just created sd-ext because my phone ran out of memory for installing apps and the like, and on this thread I found it said that if you have sd-ext, Quattrimus auto installs to sd-ext.

I installed a few more apps and it's not installing to sd-ext though, anyone know why that is? The only thing I can find on it is a dalvik-cache folder.
    You have to move everything out of the /data/app folder and onto /sd-ext/app. The /data/app directory on your phone has to be empty in order for the script to link it to /sd-ext/app. The easiest way to do that it to backup all of your apps using Titanium Backup and wipe and reflash your phone and the sd-ext partition of you sdcard.
    06-25-2012 01:45 PM
    Another problem I've found is vibrate doesn't work. I've tried popupsms and the regular notification for messaging and still have nothing. Haptic feedback works and vibrate works on other roms. So its not an issue with my phone.
    06-25-2012 01:49 PM
    I applied this change locally, restarted my phone a few times, reset CPU Spy, and let it sit for half an hour. CPU Spy says my phone was in deep sleep for ~50% of the time. Not sure if that's an improvement or not since I didn't do an initial test, so I'll leave the conclusions about whether the change helped or not to others who are more knowledgeable.
    06-25-2012 02:12 PM
    I applied this change locally, restarted my phone a few times, reset CPU Spy, and let it sit for half an hour. CPU Spy says my phone was in deep sleep for ~50% of the time. Not sure if that's an improvement or not since I didn't do an initial test, so I'll leave the conclusions about whether the change helped or not to others who are more knowledgeable.
    I have not made any changes yet, but I wanted to let you know that CPU Spy says I spent 62% of my last 8 hours in deep sleep. This is running CM9 Pre3.

I'll make the changes and see what it says in a few hours.

Rob
    bhasden likes this.
    06-25-2012 02:28 PM
    It seems like it does update you later
    06-25-2012 02:29 PM
    Please send me a pull request.
    the changes weren't directly in your kernel, but rather in cm9's external kernel headers:

https://github.com/Blackhive/android...kernel-headers

also ip_pppox.h needs to be updated but im not sure which kernel headers branch you use because it's found in kernel/common (CyanogenMod/cm-common)
    06-25-2012 02:36 PM
    I have not made any changes yet, but I wanted to let you know that CPU Spy says I spent 62% of my last 8 hours in deep sleep. This is running CM9 Pre3.

I'll make the changes and see what it says in a few hours.

Rob
    Clock speeds? Governor? Anything to control that or rom settings? Have you seen improved CPUSpy that gpp has done?

Kindle Fire w Hashcode ICS ROM + 3.0 kernel & Tapatalk 2
    06-25-2012 02:39 PM
    Doesn't work here. Been adding this to build.prop since earlier alphas and it never provided deep sleep at any point.
    06-25-2012 03:15 PM
    I have 65mb of cache. Should I delete it or keep it?
    06-25-2012 03:30 PM
    I haven't set the repo up yet, i just grabbe the latest gingerbread kernel from tdm's github and made the changes locally. Ill fork it and upload later today, been needing to do that anyway. My github link is in my profile links in the right corner of this post. Also just noticed on my rom for some reason the baseband version doesn't show up. not sure why.probably something to do with me not compiling from local manifest
    OK.

When you push your changes back up, I'll should see it, I'm following you on GitHub- I'll have to recompile for the LS670.

I just noticed the CM9 external header updates you put in. I'm wondering now how many kernel/header mismatches there are out there that haven't been found :/ ....
    06-25-2012 03:30 PM
    Is anyone else getting reboots when turning off bluetooth?

Also, Apollo keeps launching after every HFP call activation, when the device reconnects to the phone. Annoying.

LS670 CM9 beta1
    06-25-2012 03:34 PM
    Is anyone else getting reboots when turning off bluetooth?

Also, Apollo keeps launching after every HFP call activation, when the device reconnects to the phone. Annoying.

LS670 CM9 beta1
    Reboots from using Bluetooth is a known issue. I'm sure tdm has that on his agenda to get it fixed. I don't know about the other issue.
    06-25-2012 04:51 PM
    Update Deep sleep not working
    06-25-2012 05:19 PM
    Reboots from using Bluetooth is a known issue. I'm sure tdm has that on his agenda to get it fixed. I don't know about the other issue.
    Oh, didn't see that. I'm fairly new to quattrimus, so forgive my bits of ignorance

The Apollo thing could just be the device; I may just turn of A2DP for it, and that should fix it.
    06-25-2012 05:39 PM
    Ywy

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums
    06-25-2012 05:40 PM
    Ok

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums
    06-25-2012 05:41 PM
    Oh, didn't see that. I'm fairly new to quattrimus, so forgive my bits of ignorance

The Apollo thing could just be the device; I may just turn of A2DP for it, and that should fix it.
    You're good. Just doing my part in serving the community.
    06-25-2012 05:59 PM
    LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, keep up the good work.

Only thing I see voice search does not work.

To fix:

1. uninstall voice search using "titanium backup" or "root uninstaller" or other uninstaller with root.

2. Install version form the Google play store.

3. Search with your voice.
    I've done all this but never get the voice prompt back on keyboard (even tho settings indicate "mic on keyboard"). I've had to install another keyboard from Play. Having mic on keyboard comes in handy in rush hour traffic trying to text wife.

Sent from my LG-LS670 using Android Central Forums
    06-25-2012 06:42 PM
    LG Vortex (VS660) user here!

I'm ecstatic that there's more development going on related to the vortex. I've joined just to try the rom and to thank you fine folks. It's nice to get a taste of ICS on a vortex.

Although I don't get any signal, it's a wonderful rom.

If there's anyhting I can do to get signal working (nothing showed up with search) or just be a guinea pig in general, i'd be more than happy to help.

cheers!
    Powmining likes this.
    06-25-2012 06:43 PM

I'm ecstatic that there's more development going on related to the vortex. I've joined just to try the rom and to thank you fine folks. It's nice to get a taste of ICS on a vortex.

If there's anyhting I can do to get signal working (nothing showed up with search) or just be a guinea pig in general, i'd be more than happy to help.

cheers!
    I don't know much about the Vortex, but perhaps it's a radio mis-match? I assume data doesn't work either right?
    06-25-2012 07:15 PM

cheers!
    I don't know much about the Vortex, but perhaps it's a radio mis-match? I assume data doesn't work either right?
    Not working yet, @tdm needs testers. He knows and is working on it.
    06-25-2012 07:36 PM
    Settings - Developer options - check the checkbox (I restart afterwards just in case)

Rob
    Sorry boss it didnt work me again...

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk
    06-25-2012 07:43 PM
8,044 ... 293294295296297 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD